Account Manager for Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, & New York Times Accounts @
Highly driven entrepreneur with a background in SaaS and mobile technology startups. A self-starter with passion for disruptive technology and business start-up’s. Skilled at establishing teams with strong Executive lead cultures, day-to-day business operations and external/internal business problem solving skills. Experience with social, mobile and omni-channel digital marketing campaigns, hiring and leading collegiate/millennial agents, launching big brand
Highly driven entrepreneur with a background in SaaS and mobile technology startups. A self-starter with passion for disruptive technology and business start-up’s. Skilled at establishing teams with strong Executive lead cultures, day-to-day business operations and external/internal business problem solving skills. Experience with social, mobile and omni-channel digital marketing campaigns, hiring and leading collegiate/millennial agents, launching big brand growth programs and generating marketing research campaigns resulting in data-driven analytics.
Event Marketing (B2B) @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Manager, ThirdChannel Agent Network @ ThirdChannel is the retail intelligence network designed to optimize the in-store experience for your
consumers. It's an intuitive technology platform powered by a force of millennial influencers who enable you to experience your stores through the eyes of your most influential buyers. Our cloud-based technology gives you visibility into stores in real time, right from your desk.
3C Agents are competitively selected college influencers who personify your brand throughout their daily lives. Equipped with mobile technology, they act as your operatives to assess all aspects of the store experience. View live feeds from your desk and interact with your agents in real time as they act as your visual merchandisers, field intel, or marketing force.
• Oversee the recruitment, development and community management team(s).
• Built a network of 10,000 “engaged” millenials in 50 states.
• Design, develop and manage ThirdChannel’s social platforms for marketing and recruiting needs.
• Manage and monitor overall program life cycles and agent retention overtime.
• Provide strategic digital marketing planning for new and current client, marketing program launches.
• Work alongside client services and account managers to provide successful field forces for clients. From May 2013 to August 2015 (2 years 4 months) Account Manager for Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, & New York Times Accounts @ Own and cultivated client relationships to develop semester long on-campus ambassador programs. Oversaw the Account Coordinator’s management of 2,000 millennials nation wide.
• Developed and created program editorial calendars for weekly tasks, tips, market research surveys.
• Generated weekly client reports on overall subscription sales, marketing efforts, and survey results.
• Held weekly client calls to discuss goals, contest launches, premium giveaways, and branding.
• Overall motivated 2,000 millennials to sell over 8,000 subscriptions throughout three semesters. From May 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 8 months) Recruitment Manager @ Ever felt so passionate about an emerging brand that you convinced those around you they should buy their products? Whether they know it or not, that brand needs you. goSprout connects emerging brands with passionate, creative, and ambitious millennials who want to be part of an innovative startup. Our networks of consultants focus on building buzz about your brand on campus, directly generating sales, while teaching them invaluable sales and marketing skills.
• Built a network of 1,500 college students, on 250 campuses nationwide.
• Viewed 5,000+ applications and interviewed 2,000 college students.
• Placed 1,500 students with 8 emerging brands.
• Trained 1,500 students through our video training platform on these 8 emerging brands.
• Generated sales and marketing contests to keep 1,500 students motivated on a monthly basis.
• Built and developed programs with 8 emerging brands. From March 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 3 months) Account Manager for Half United, Sunskis, Towne & Reese, New York Times @ • Created 8 brand landing, content, and product pages on the website.
• Trained 200 college students on brands products through video trainings.
• Developed product knowledge charts, sales and marketing resources, and event planning tips.
• Managed and incentivized program consultants through contests and product giveaways.
• Accessed overall sales per consultant and created personal goals with each.
• Reported and tracked all e-commerce sales to drop shipment facilities for consultant’s consumers. From March 2012 to May 2013 (1 year 3 months) Logistics Analyst Co-op Student @ Northeastern facilitate student Co-Op providing on the job work experience prior to formal graduation.
• Filed 2,000 domestic and international damage claims with shipping carriers.
• Communicated with 12-product suppliers in regards to customer’s shipments.
• Researched and implemented 3,000+ harmonized country codes within the system to generate NAFTA certificates for shipping and taxing purposes.
• Calculated 3,500 remote area charges for international shipments. From January 2010 to July 2010 (7 months) Youth United Program Intern @ • Entered 500 local non-governmental organizations contact information in database.
• Contacted and created relationships with more than 50 networks for youth volunteer opportunities.
• Created, distributed and analyzed an alumni feedback survey for the youth program, sent to 300 past students.
• Set up 3 summer volunteer events for 65 current students in the organization. From May 2009 to July 2009 (3 months) Music & Bookstore Volunteer Cashier @ • Volunteered as the store cashier.
• Priced new and used books.
• Restocked shelves and organized storefront.
• Build relationships with local consumers.
• Push new initiatives of the Oxfam organizations to consumers.
• Raised awareness of global issues Oxfam was donating proceeds to. From August 2008 to November 2008 (4 months) London, United KingdomDeputy Attorney's Intern @ • Filed paperwork and briefs
• Analyzed several negotiation meetings between state attorneys
• Viewed two homicide trials From July 2006 to August 2006 (2 months)
Dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics & International Affairs @ Northeastern University From 2008 to 2012 Jess Merrell is skilled in: Social Networking, Social Media, E-commerce, Social Media Marketing, Marketing, Market Research, Team Leadership, Data Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Microsoft Office, Research, Analytics, Leadership, Start-ups, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Financial Modeling, Event Planning, Facebook
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension