Sr. Customer Marketing Manager @ The Coca-Cola Company
Senior Brand Activation Manager @ The Coca-Cola Company
Creative Activation Manager @ The Coca-Cola Company
ABJ, Journalism @
University of Georgia - College of Journalism
Action-oriented, resourceful marketing professional whose strengths lie in the ability to gain consensus and move virtually any marketing project from concept to completion with stellar results. I am a strategic-thinking connector: I quickly develop a strong network of cross-functional experts that I can tap to move well-planned marketing projects to completion. I enjoy leading teams toward a
Action-oriented, resourceful marketing professional whose strengths lie in the ability to gain consensus and move virtually any marketing project from concept to completion with stellar results. I am a strategic-thinking connector: I quickly develop a strong network of cross-functional experts that I can tap to move well-planned marketing projects to completion. I enjoy leading teams toward a common goal, and solving operational challenges along the way in a collaborative, humorous and open manner.
Sr. Customer Marketing Manager @ Working with key strategic partner customers, lead annual strategic planning – developing and executing high-visibility marketing programs that grow volume and address key customer goals. Leverage Coca-Cola sponsorships to create national and global programs for my customers, aligning their brands with the right assets and brands of The Coca-Cola Company. Create value story presentations for new business and contract renewals negotiations. Manage marketing budgets and steward results to customer’s senior leadership, as well as senior leaders within The Coca-Cola Company. From April 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) Senior Brand Activation Manager @ Combined creative abilities, project management skills, budget management experience, collaborative spirit to unify customer, channel and brand strategies in exciting and profitable programs for flagship brand of The Coca-Cola Company. Highlights included:
Coca-Cola Secret Formula 2.0 – 2010
• Managed cross-functional team of multiple agencies and internal teams to create digital and mobile sites targeting teens 13 – 18. Programs included a Facebook coupon distribution application; a digital application that collects people’s laughs; and the development of mobile web site m.secretformula.com.
• Swelter Stopper– managed experiential tour covering 42 markets in 17 states. Approx. 278,000 people (primarily teens) experienced a “perfect pour” of Coca-Cola in a dome with temperatures of 50 degrees or below all summer. Oversaw experiential agency, budget, and customer relationships.
Coca-Cola Summer Quarter Mile Cookout 2009:
• Managed NASCAR-themed event for Coke brand. Managed press conference in advance of event, satellite media tours for chef Tyler Florence and driver Michael Waltrip, $600,000 budget, creation of facebook site, blogger content, collectible can series, creation of a quarter-mile grill, integration of program onto digital platforms. Program generated 5,000 attendees, more than 90 million impressions and 648 news stories.
Coca-Cola Under the Cap program 2009 and 2010 (mobile)
• As part of initial mobile program team, created national mobile sweepstakes program, integrating agencies and technologies that were new to The Coca-Cola Company.
• Took turnkey mobile program and customized for multiple customer activations, including Papa Johns and am/pm, testing new messaging methodology. Communicated results to customer teams and analyzed metrics for improvement in 2010 programming. Successfully grew number of entrants to more than 2.5mm in 2010; targeted entrants moved from 60% in 2009 to over 75% in 2010. From November 2007 to April 2011 (3 years 6 months) Creative Activation Manager @ Through exemplary internal and external customer relations, cemented existing relationships and helped forge new alliances for the company. Actions included:
• Created internal and external communications, sales presentations and POS components for brand programs executed in key customer accounts, as well as national programs such as the Olympics and Holiday.
• Stewarded the creative process from project inception through timeline creation, brief and execution. Selected creative agencies, participated in creative brainstorming sessions and often developed the programming concepts.
• Led cross-functional team of packaging experts, Powerade Brand team, Home Depot customer team and Coca-Cola NASCAR team to produce Tony Stewart Orange Powerade flavor and custom packaging for 2006. Results included the following:
o In Home Depot outlets: Tony Stewart promotion drove 2.1 million 32 oz. Powerade units sold, over $2 million retail sales. Generated $430,000 incremental GP, 21% margin.
o May 31, 2006 in-store program launch generated 150 media placements with over 30MM impressions
• Managed At-Home Chill project for General Manager, Chief Marketing Officer, and President of CCNA. Gained consensus among high-level executives on best way to visualize new brand differentiation strategy as well as best visualization of the “at-home chill” occasion for Labor Day holiday timeframe. My execution team cut $450,000 initial budget to $200,000 through creative shipping and packing solutions. From July 2005 to November 2007 (2 years 5 months) Greater Atlanta AreaMarketing Activation Manager @ Achievements include:
• Created all visual elements for first national American Idol Behind the Scenes tour at Simon Malls; all elements concepted, created and delivered within three-week deadline. Resulting lift in mall visitors more than tripled on tour date versus average for same time period. Tour won national marketing award for Simon Malls.
• Leveraged marketing communication expertise to manage senior leaders, direct stage presentations and create visual elements for successful new business presentation to Delta Air Lines, General Growth Properties and Southwest Airlines, among others. From March 2001 to June 2003 (2 years 4 months) Greater Atlanta AreaConsultant/Project Manager @ Utilized creative and account management skills for multiple clients to write, edit, design and produce many types of communication projects.
• Managed national public relations and advertising account for major software supplier to large law firms. Wrote and distributed press releases to wire services and other media outlets. Supervised production of the firm’s national advertising campaign, as well as created a variety of programming materials for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. From August 1999 to February 2001 (1 year 7 months) Contractor, Creative Development Manager @ • Developed creative concepts for Fountain national NASCAR marketing program. Ensured that all POS materials were on strategy with promotion goals, as well as linked to brand messages for bottlers, customers and consumers.
• Managed a two-week turnaround time for four fountain cup designs for national Kmart retail team. Cups sold out within one week of in-store introduction; customer ordered four additional designs based upon record sales. From April 1998 to May 1999 (1 year 2 months) Greater Atlanta AreaMarketing Director @ Managed national marketing and public relations program for CPA firms. Program provided niche marketing materials, training procedures and research support to assist accounting firm partners in selling their services to law firms.
• Knowledge of publication design and production saved Hudson Sawyer 28% annually over outsourcing. From February 1996 to March 1998 (2 years 2 months) Greater Atlanta Area
ABJ, Journalism - Print media @ The University of GeorgiaABJ, Journalism @ University of Georgia - College of Journalism Jenny Cater is skilled in: Coca-Cola, Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing, Marketing Communications, Mobile Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Experiential Events, Corporate Communications, Strategic Planning, Strategic Communications, Digital Media, Relationship Marketing, Creative Direction, CRM, Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension