Editor-in-Chief/Features Editor @ Albright College School Newspaper
Research Assistant to the Editor @ Main Line Today
Account Management Intern @ Earle Palmer Brown
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) @
I studied English and Communications with a concentration in Journalism at Albright College, in Reading, PA. I worked on the college’s newspaper and at the Reading Eagle/Times. After college, I landed a job as a copywriter for the products appearing on the QVC website. Then a friend recommended I come work at Merck & Co. as a
I studied English and Communications with a concentration in Journalism at Albright College, in Reading, PA. I worked on the college’s newspaper and at the Reading Eagle/Times. After college, I landed a job as a copywriter for the products appearing on the QVC website. Then a friend recommended I come work at Merck & Co. as a technical writer. From there, I found the position at Merion Publications as a writer, associate editor and web editor for the company’s Audiology publication. After writing for so many years, I focused on proofreading and editing. While I started out proofreading for Lincoln Financial Group, I then moved toward copy editing and writing. Now, I am enjoying a variety of creative and technical responsibilities as a proofreader/editor working on the Corporate Marketing team at SEI.
Familiar with French and Turkish. I enjoying traveling and exploring different cultures, especially Ireland, Denmark and Turkey. I also enjoy a good debate, politics, yoga, swimming, movies, music, and sampling wines/visiting vineyards.
Specialties: Experienced in writing and editing for retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical and financial services. Also, edited a book about Islam, which was translated from Turkish to English.
Proofreader/Editor @ • Proofread and edit marketing materials according to the AP Stylebook and SEI Style Guide to ensure all work is on brand and error-free, complies with standards and has a consistent voice/tone.
• Collaborate with content, traffic, account services and design team members to ensure all marketing copy is ready to be released for publication or posting.
• Maintain the new SEI Style Guide, updating it with the latest style rules and preferred terms.
• Working on a new version of the style guide for the U.K. office.
• Assist with copywriting emails, invites, conference or special event materials as needed. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) Copy Editor @ • Edited and proofread marketing materials for Lincoln Financial's Retirement Plan Services.
• Wrote content for website and newsletters. From April 2011 to November 2013 (2 years 8 months) Proofreader, Contractor for Bank of America @ • Proofread and edited advertising material for the bank in their in-house advertising agency.
• Occasionally, wrote or revised copy for internal bank material or outside advertising. From January 2008 to April 2011 (3 years 4 months) Associate Editor and Web Editor @ • Gathered sources, conducted interviews and wrote assigned articles for both print and online editions.
• Cultivated and maintained vendor relationships, acquired stories/photos from industry professionals and generated article and advertising leads.
• Acted as a liaison between sales, art and production departments to deliver artwork, article and advertising to appropriate people and met deadlines.
• Attended and covered major conferences to network, gathered story ideas, marketed magazine to vendors and developed new business relationships.
• Wrote enticing copy for promotional faxable sent to advertisers.
• Proofed articles and ads for final stage before publication. From September 2002 to October 2007 (5 years 2 months) Technical Writer @ • Collaborated with team to develop print or electronic presentations, such as user training manuals, standard operating procedures and/or other departmental communications that supported Merck's core business.
• Assisted with writing, editing and designing various documents for inclusion on the intranet site.
• Designed process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio design software for inclusion in documentation. From March 2001 to September 2002 (1 year 7 months) Copywriter @ Copywriter
• Created persuasive copy for various products sold on the QVC website.
• Edited and revised copy for grammar and content according to the AP and QVC style guidelines.
• Responsible for crafting the Today's Special Value website product descriptions. (TSV accounted for 20 percent of iQVC sales in 2001.) From June 2000 to March 2001 (10 months) Editorial Freelancer @ • Wrote stories about issues that arose at local town and school board meetings.
• Interviewed various township officials for story background.
• Gathered information from meetings for future stories. From January 2000 to April 2000 (4 months) Editor-in-Chief/Features Editor @ • Edited and wrote articles for the school newspaper. From October 1996 to October 1999 (3 years 1 month) Research Assistant to the Editor @ Summer Internship From June 1998 to August 1998 (3 months) Account Management Intern @ Summer Internship From June 1997 to August 1997 (3 months)
B.A., English/Communications @ Albright College From 1996 to 2000 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English/Communications @ Albright College From 1996 to 2000 Jennifer Schestok-Yasar is skilled in: proofread, edit, write, Proofreading, Writing, Healthcare, Editing, Newsletters, Direct Mail, Copy Editing, Publications, Content Management, Advertising, Editorial, Media Relations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension