I'm a versatile web writer who has written for several different industries including health care, finance, and technology. With a love of the written word and a sharp eye for accuracy and detail, I ensure all content meets editorial style, voice, and consistency. In my spare time, I am working to self-publish a collection of my poetry
I'm a versatile web writer who has written for several different industries including health care, finance, and technology. With a love of the written word and a sharp eye for accuracy and detail, I ensure all content meets editorial style, voice, and consistency. In my spare time, I am working to self-publish a collection of my poetry and in the near future, short stories and novels.
• Writing and editing for the web
• Web content strategy (inventory, content calendars, taxonomy, workflow, governance, etc.)
• Web content marketing and e-mail marketing
• Managing content and production for high traffic websites
• Content ideation and content curation
• Understanding of SEO
• Web production
• Quality-assurance (QA) testing
• AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style
• Project management
• Content Management Systems: Sitecore, Wordpress, Movable Type
• MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Website Analytics: Google Analytics, Omniture
• Web Governance: Siteimprove
• E-mail Newsletters: Mailchimp
• Project Management: Workfront, Workamajig, Feng Office, Basecamp, IBM Connections
• Photo Editing: Adobe Photoshop, GIMP
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (Ubuntu)
Enterprise Content Knowledge Manager @ • Resource plan and manage content writing projects throughout the production process to facilitate accurate and timely delivery
• Interview, hire and manage contract writers and ensure their success by facilitating their training and onboarding process
• Produce and optimize content including drafts, page tables, content templates, call-out management tools, and content guidelines
• Provide editorial, QA, and writing support for Content Services team, and for MedTouch
• Assist in Sitecore migrations
• Define and refine requirements, processes, and tools for content development, content strategy, and migration From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaContent Engagement Manager @ • Managed content writing projects for healthcare clients
• Hired, managed, and mentored writers
• Wrote and edited content, provided feedback to writers and clients
• Created page tables; writing style guides; and brand voice, tone & style guides
• Provided content development training and writing support to healthcare & health plan clients
• Assisted with content migrations
• Performed quality assurance
• Worked collaboratively within the organization and communicated with clients From March 2015 to August 2015 (6 months) Greater Philadelphia AreaWeb Content Specialist @ • Wrote, updated, and managed 7,800+ pages of content for http://hospitals.jefferson.edu. Copy edited, proofread and optimized all web content, adapted HTML and CSS code to accommodate content updates, provided basic digital art support using Photoshop, and conducted QA testing.
• Managed homepage content and oversaw the Marketing & Web content calendars. Set editorial tone, voice, and consistency of all content based on a web style guide and word list I developed. Compiled content inventories.
• Wrote copy for infographics, microsites, landing pages, and SEM campaigns
• Wrote more than 35 articles for our monthly consumer e-newsletter, "Keep In Touch with Jefferson"
• Worked cooperatively with departmental teams, clients, and vendors to coordinate web projects and create content that is accurate and engaging
• Assisted in many large, complex web projects including the redesign/rebuild of the Hospital site, the launch of several blogs, revamping our e-newsletters, and a mobile site. These projects included making recommendations for content placement, usability, and navigation; monitoring the web team's progress; testing functionality and features; creating content inventories; and migrating content.
• In previous years I managed Jefferson's social media channels, and tracked and reported on social media traffic. I grew Jefferson's Facebook fans by 297% and Twitter followers by 195% over 2 years. From September 2009 to March 2015 (5 years 7 months) Managing Editor, TechSaver.com @ • Wrote, edited, and produced daily content for PCMag-branded blog TechSaver.com, which featured the best tech bargains on the web
• Managed staff and freelance writers
• Wrote the weekly "TechSaver.com" newsletter
• Responded to reader inquiries and comments
• Monitored and tracked web traffic
• Oversaw the conceptual design and functionality of TechSaver.com upon launch in August 2009
• Managed social media accounts daily From June 2009 to September 2009 (4 months) Associate Editor @ • Wrote weekly articles for PCMag.com (250+ published articles that garnered a total of more than 9 million pageviews), many of which were reprinted in Boston, New York, and Philadelphia editions of the Metro daily newspaper
• Edited web content, including news and features
• Wrote, edited, and/or QAed e-mail newsletters "Productwire: First Looks Update," "Inside PCMag.com," and "PCMag.com Small Business Update"
• QAed all web articles and the homepage of www.pcmag.com
• Conducted and implemented Search Engine Optimization for all articles
• Wrote for PCMag-branded blogs Gearlog.com, AppScout.com, and GoodCleanTech.com under the alias of "Jen the Weird Hunter"
• Co-host of Gearlog Radio, a weekly podcast on tech news, gadgets, and weird gear
• TV guest appearances on WNBC's "Weekend Today In New York" and Fox 5 News
• Radio guest appearances on the Digital Trends Podcast, KOMO-AM (Seattle), WBZ-AM (Boston), WCCO-AM (Minnesota), the Randy & Spiff Show (640 AM WGST), the Chaz & AJ in the Morning Show (WPLR New Haven, CT), and KSRO NewsTalk 1350 (CNN affiliate in Santa Rosa, CA) From June 2005 to June 2009 (4 years 1 month) Marketing Associate & Writer @ • Edited and wrote more than 100 website reviews for Forbes.com's "Best of the Web," a quarterly online publication of the best websites
• Online content management of ForbesNewsletters.com From February 2004 to May 2005 (1 year 4 months) Greater New York City AreaEditorial Assistant @ • Edited manuscripts, coordinated book signings, author and customer relations
• Performed quality control of content in electronic reference database From June 2002 to May 2003 (1 year) Albany, New York Area
Master of Science (M.S.), Publishing (Concentration in Web) @ New York University From 2003 to 2005 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English (major), Journalism (minor) @ State University of New York at Albany From 1999 to 2003 High School @ Rondout Valley High School From 1995 to 1999 Jennifer Kertz is skilled in: Writing, Editing, Copy Editing, Proofreading, Web Content Management, CMS, HTML, Quality Assurance, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Facebook, Blogging, Publishing, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension