I am a driven, hands-on person who has defined and delivered transformational change. I possess a history of leading an organization to establish a ‘new way’ of thinking in order to attract top tier talent on a global scale, and most importantly, I am passionate about connecting talented people to a career that they’ve dreamed about in
I am a driven, hands-on person who has defined and delivered transformational change. I possess a history of leading an organization to establish a ‘new way’ of thinking in order to attract top tier talent on a global scale, and most importantly, I am passionate about connecting talented people to a career that they’ve dreamed about in this technology driven world.
Manager of Talent Acquisition - Technology @ HBO is an American premium cable and satellite television network that is owned by Home Box Office Inc., an operating subsidiary of Time Warner. It is the oldest and longest continuously operating pay television service (basic or premium) in the United States.
- Managing a Technical Talent Acquisition team in 2 HBO offices, NYC and Seattle.
- Oversee recruiting for HBO's Technology divisions including; Digital Products, Media Technology Operations, Tech Business Management and Program Management.
- Executing strategic, high volume triple digits growth in the Digital Products vertical to support new HBO products, HBO Go and HBO Now.
- Analyze detailed interview metrics to assess process success best and to continuously determine what areas in the pipeline need tweaking
- Promote Talent attraction through participation in specific conference sponsorships, Executive keynote appearances, and other related technical events
- Personally responsible for VP level and above for HBO executive opportunities. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Recruiter @ The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) is a business operating unit within Carnegie Mellon University’s Robotics Institute (RI), the world’s largest robotics R&D organization.
Check out our website - www.nrec.ri.cmu.edu
- Introduced strategic recruiting practices by creating awareness building events, expanding the employee referral program and building a significant candidate pipeline to pull talent from
- Developed and implemented creative programs to enhance the new hire experience, employee engagement, performance and retention
- Researched the Pittsburgh demographic for engineering compensation which resulted in a compensation revamp resulting in more competitive employment offers for top talent
- Created an operational process to expedite the visa process for global candidate relocation
- Initiated and developed all talent acquisition at NREC turning the recruiting practices of the center from a reactive to a proactive state
- Focused searches for highly proven candidates with research and/or applied experience in Robotics autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, unmanned ground vehicle design and operator assistance
- Developed the center’s first Internship program in 2009 which exposed NREC’s work to universities beyond Carnegie Mellon resulting in a more diverse candidate pool
- Established an aggressive international recruiting program to diversify NREC’s talent and capture the best minds globally in Robotics by attending international technical conferences (ICCV, ECCV, ICRA, ROSCon)
- Instituted a series of ‘Tech Talks’ at technical universities to expand the candidate pool that significantly contributed to the growth of NREC over the last 4 years
- Targeted top technical schools and marketed NREC opportunities to students at Career Fairs for internships, full time positions and long term awareness of the center’s work From February 2009 to April 2014 (5 years 3 months) Greater Pittsburgh AreaAssociate Principal @ An associate principal at Grant-Williams Associates, based in Pittsburgh with a global reach of clients and contacts. I work in a range of disciplines for the firm concentrating on emerging growth companies through-out the U.S. and Europe. From March 2007 to December 2009 (2 years 10 months) Centric Account Rep. @ Centric Account Rep who sold to a niche market of CPA's and Accountants for Business Development. Developed new accounts by building solid relationships and capitalizing on referral opportunities. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years)
Heinz School; Masters of Public Management, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @ Carnegie Mellon UniversityBachelors, Psychology @ Duquesne University From 2000 to 2004 Jenn Gustin is skilled in: Robotics, Engineering, Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, College Recruiting, Technical Recruiting, Applicant Tracking..., Image Processing, Talent Management, Sourcing, Human Resources, Onboarding, Internet Recruiting, Employee Relations, Resume Writing, Machine Learning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension