Salesforce Projects @ The San Francisco Foundation
Stanford Center for Professional Development
I help organizations meet the challenges of premium customer experience to grow revenue and stakeholder value.
I am a transformational leader with a wealth of management experience, knowledge and skill sets to help catapult your organization to the next level of success. My focus has been on consumer products and services, including over 14 years of progressively
I help organizations meet the challenges of premium customer experience to grow revenue and stakeholder value.
I am a transformational leader with a wealth of management experience, knowledge and skill sets to help catapult your organization to the next level of success. My focus has been on consumer products and services, including over 14 years of progressively upward positions in design, product, operations, and brand leadership with Levi Strauss & Co.
I have a unique ability to connect creativity with analysis and business know-how, helping me lead cross-functional teams to operational excellence. As a curious individual, always passionately exploring best practices, I have found that asking simple questions like –
“What if we . . .?”
“Is there another way to . . .?”
“Why can’t we . . .?”
– raises the bar of innovation. Achievement rarely comes from one person, one idea, or spending more money; it comes from recognizing a fresh approach within the existing framework.
That’s how you grow revenue and stakeholder value.
Contact me today.
Recruiters, HR Managers, Hiring Managers, Division Presidents contact me; let's discuss how my strengths will optimize your business.
Specialties: Full P&L Accountability ▪ Product Line Management ▪ Product Branding & Positioning ▪ Operational Efficiency ▪ Executive and Board Presentations ▪ Cross Functional Leadership ▪ Team Leadership, Development & Training ▪ Vendor Relations/Negotiations ▪ Product & Materials Sourcing ▪ Customer & Market Dynamics ▪ Employee Training & Coaching ▪ Customer Loyalty Marketing ▪ Visionary, Big-Picture Planning
Business Consultant @ Leverage extensive “trial by fire” business experience and prior successes to provide expertise/support in business development and marketing strategies for a variety of organizations and individuals.
• Business development, community outreach, event planning, and social media management for the Greater Alameda Business Association (GABA).
• Editing sales brochure, writing direct email marketing campaigns, and direct sales for a Canadian entrepreneur.
• Creating sales and manufacturing opportunities for Hele, a start-up winter sports apparel company.
• Developed concepts for a sales marketing/event for Abbott Medical Optics
• Sales and business development with mobile application developer; wrote marketing brochure, sales script.
• Ghost blogger for Service Blogger, including blogs for an international team-building company and a corporate training consultant.
• Consulted with incubator group in Arizona to provide advice to entrepreneurs on business plans and models. Connected key individuals for process solutions and potential funding sources. From January 2012 to Present (4 years) Revenue Development Manager @ Brought on board to expand revenue-generating avenues, including improvement of existing programs and new initiatives. Created and implemented marketing strategies to achieve/surpass the organization’s revenue goals. Planned, developed, and executed marketing campaigns, revenue generation activities, marketing communications, and promotional events.
Addressed issues that included limited staff and outdated operational processes.
• Transformed the direct mail marketing process within the organization. Created letters that improved both the quality and timing of marketing communications. Balanced the flow of monthly revenues and surpassed revenue goal by 4%.
• Created a development segment on the website supported by a database provider. Coupled with an event module, negotiated with provider to reduce costs by over 30%.
• Served as Project Manager for development and event module build-out, trained employees on new segment maintenance, and implemented event module launch in time for organization’s premier event.
• Increased grant levels by 60% from 2010 to 2011, receiving 2 additional grants of $10,000 from the Hyatt Hotels and $5,000 from the Sand Hill Foundation.
• Planned a partnership program with Aveda for their 2012 campaign, Earth Month Campaign for Clean Water, yielding close to $10,000. From May 2010 to January 2012 (1 year 9 months) Consultant @ Provided consulting services for a variety of small industry start-ups, contributing development and marketing strategies.
• Consulted with a father/son team in their purchase of a garment manufacturing company.
• Served as a Board Member, Director of PR, and Chair of World Service Committee with the Rotary Club of Alameda from 2007 to 2010.
• As Chair, oversaw all activities that included fundraising; raised the most money ever for the World Service Committee. From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaExecutive Director @ In charge of all operational functions, activities, and issues within the organization, reporting to the Board of Directors. Led, mentored, and evaluated team of 45-50 full-time employees across 6 departments. Managed annual budget of $7 million. Personally represented the organization in all civic, business, and legal matters.
To lead turnaround improvements across several areas, including operational and branding issues.
• Updated all hardware and internal system to optimal levels without an increase in the budget. Purchased new equipment, negotiated for new homeowner database and build-out, selected best telecom provider, and wrote policies for timely system updates. Created a top-functioning IT structure as a result.
• Developed and assembled the organization’s first 3-year strategic plan, including vision and mission statements, annual goal setting and benchmarks, and employee training. Wrote tactical plan for use in operations and directed department heads in creating the same.
• Dramatically improved the branding of the community. Redesigned and revamped the organization’s bi-monthly magazines. Established the magazine as a highly positive community-marketing piece, increasing advertising interest from local businesses.
• Recognized for contributions to Emergency Response Program for the City of Alameda. Worked with outside parties to secure funds, gained Board approval for program, and negotiated with the City for roll out. From May 2005 to August 2008 (3 years 4 months) Manager | Product Development and Sourcing @ Directed an 8 member cross-functional team in all processes to develop, source and execute the release of multiple product lines 4x per year for the Levi Strauss Signature Brand.
Tasked with leading the bulk of the women’s division product management team, a young and disparate group.
• Led the goal-setting employee strategies for the division.
• Implemented cost and ROI strategies for 6M units / 78% of the women’s category.
• Spearheaded global manufacturing processes in 5 countries across 3 continents. From November 2003 to December 2004 (1 year 2 months) Merchandise Manager / Business Manager @ Held full responsibility for establishing product direction for the proprietary custom jeans line development, including internet development initiatives. Oversaw retail marketing and PR strategies, and customer service support systems. Worked cross-functionally on strategic planning, team collaboration, and support functions. Developed systems and processes for this proprietary custom jeans program.
Tasked with leading a cross-functional team to grow revenue, improve operational processes, and improve profitability of the groundbreaking custom jeans program.
• Collaborated with IT team nationwide on reengineering single unit ordering system that resolved problems in the fulfillment process, improving billing accuracy, timing, tracking and reporting. Additionally led programming fixes that reduced need for IT support and ensured smooth-running system.
• Worked with PR department to create PR strategies that promoted program to a broad range of media outlets and publications. Secured articles in magazines covering Men’s Health and Shape, in-flight films on US Airways, TV interview with travel program, and sponsorships with the Oakland A’s Jason Giambi, and actor David Boreanaz (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Bones”). Generated $2 million-plus return on $25,000 investment.
• Increased sales 154% and 49% from 1999 to 2001, respectively while decreasing operating expenses 30% and improving customer retention 73% through new program implementations.
• Teamed with vendor to develop training program for store personnel that proved to be highly effective, including program for all team members in one place and smaller rollouts for new store openings. From January 1998 to October 2003 (5 years 10 months) Senior Merchandiser | Brand & Business Management @ Led all merchandising activities for design, product management, and production teams for Docker’s® Authentics program (young men’s concept brand launched in 1995) and subsequent $73 million men’s shorts program.
Leading through division reorganizations to keep business running efficiently.
• Improved sales volume in shorts for 1998 by ~10%. Initiated product line review and proposed formula for historic offerings vs. new concepts as well as a 15% reduction in production codes that improved line focus.
• Increased seasonal product line gross margin from 35.7% to 42.9% for 1998 by reducing markdowns 42% from 1996 to 1997 as well as driving abovementioned sales increases.: From September 1995 to November 1997 (2 years 3 months) Merchandiser | Product Manager - Brand & Business Management @ Oversaw men’s knit shirts, a $95 million product line, formulating all merchandising, promotion, and financial strategies to meet departmental goals. Worked directly with designers on line development. Traveled throughout Asia to source/place production and traveled with sales reps to present lines. Delivered presentations to buyers and at sales meetings.
Tasked with growing the men’s knit shirt business in a woven-dominant time frame.
• Generated $5 million in earnings for the men’s knit product line while reducing markdowns 56% and increasing net margins 3%.
• Grew T-shirt line from 1.5 million to 3 million units in 2 years. Earned commendations from Merchandise Manager for efforts in this initiative.
• Introduced new finishing technique in Pakistan that was subsequently used by Docker’s® men’s knit shirts as well as Levi’s®.
• Created training program for merchandising assistants in the Levis Shirts for Jeans department. From September 1992 to September 1995 (3 years 1 month) Entrepreneuer | Designer | Assistant Buyer | Product Manager @ From 1977 to 1992 (15 years)
BFA, Apparel Design @ Parsons, The New School for DesignInnovation and Design Thinking @ Lindner College of Business, University of Cincinnati From 2013 to 2013 Start Up Development & Creative Courses @ Udemy - Online Courses From the World's ExpertsManagement & Professional Studies @ Professional Development Jen Crook is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Product Development, Leadership, Team Building, Business Planning, Customer Service, Retail, Business Development, Budgets, Entrepreneurship, Product Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension