President @ SmithCo Business Development & Consulting
Vice President Of Sales @ Lane Furniture, Furniturebrands, Inc.
Regional Sales Manager @ Broyhill Furniture, Furniturebrands, Inc.
Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @
For nearly 20 years Jeff has progressed from top performing sales professional, to marketer and strategic thinker, to sought after leader in the home furnishing industry. Jeff is a proven leader who believes in the power of people, the power of "the Team" to create, innovate, build and execute solutions together. Jeff currently is President of SmithCo
For nearly 20 years Jeff has progressed from top performing sales professional, to marketer and strategic thinker, to sought after leader in the home furnishing industry. Jeff is a proven leader who believes in the power of people, the power of "the Team" to create, innovate, build and execute solutions together. Jeff currently is President of SmithCo Business Development & Consulting.
At the core of Jeff's success is a strategic approach that connects people to a vision. He invests time to gather facts, assess opportunities, gain multi-functional buy-in, and champion implementation. This approach results in both business, personal and organizational development. Having worked with many of the Top Manufacturers and major Retailers in the industry Jeff now brings a wealth of knowledge & experience into his own company which specializes in assisting businesses of all sizes in developing business, processes, metrics & measurements, alignment and consultative based sales training.
Jeff is a senior level Sales Executive who has been awarded the "Cutting Edge Award" for innovation in sales and marketing in furniture sales. As a VP Jeff has managed the growth of a network of over 250 retail stores that generated a billion dollars in sales. Jeff is a proven VP of sales and has generated double digit growth year-over-year with the top companies in the furniture industry.
Specialties: Six Sigma Principles, CQI, Lean Manufacturing, Sales Leadership, Retail Development, Sales Recruiting, Consultative Based Training and Development, Category Management, Retail Operations, Advertising Programs, Brand Marketing, Thought and Action Leadership
President @ SmithCo Business Development specializes in assisting businesses in Vision/Mission development, alignment, KPM (key process measurement) development, process mapping, consultative based sales training and consultative sales coaching. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Vice President Of Sales @ • Selected and managed sales force for 18 States; responsible for $56 million in revenue.
• Responsible for setting sales goals, performance measures and account base growth.
• Developed comprehensive regional business plan and individual territory business plans.
• Developed training material, territory management/measurement tools and conducted “consultative based sales training for the region. From January 2013 to January 2014 (1 year 1 month) Archdale, NCRegional Sales Manager @ Responsible for the Eastern Region coaching, training, developing sales with sales reps and retail partners From April 2009 to January 2013 (3 years 10 months) Vice President of Business Development @ Development of Ashley Furniture Home Stores with independent owner/operators. Worked with prospects through all phases from recruitment to Grand Opening of the liscensing projects. From August 2008 to February 2010 (1 year 7 months) Vice President of Sales, Ashley Furniture @ Responsible for 44 independent marketing specialists and 329 million dollars of business. Involved in strategic planning of product, marketing and distribution. Continued to coach, train and develop the team to achieve their very aggressive sales goals, From 2000 to 2008 (8 years) Sales Representative @ • Developed and managed account distribution base after being promoted from an associate rep to a senior after 18 months.
• Implemented advertising programs, advertising plans and events for the dealer base. Maximized distribution of products and services each year as a marketing specialist. Grew territory from $1.1 million to $12.4 million in annual sales.
• Earned Ashley’s “Cutting Edge Award” for innovations & designs in the areas of sales training, ad planning and the development and utilization of information technologies, Point of Sale displays and sales presentations. From March 1996 to January 2000 (3 years 11 months)
Business Management/Marketing @ Guilford College From 1977 to 1979 Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @ Guilford College From 1977 to 1979 Jeffrey Smith is skilled in: Upholstery, Sales Operations, Furniture, Sales Management, Merchandising, Market Planning, New Business Development, Promotions, Strategic Planning, Product Development, Advertising, Forecasting, Consultative Selling, Microsoft Office, Business Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension