Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Business Administration and Management, General @
Disciplined, accountable and results-focused senior bank executive with a 28-year proven track record of integrity and professional success. An entrepreneurial attitude drives my ability to uncover weaknesses and strengths in order to deliver next-generation strategic plans for bank and business growth. Able to implement purposeful tactics for revenue increases, branch expansions and product offerings. A strong problem
Disciplined, accountable and results-focused senior bank executive with a 28-year proven track record of integrity and professional success. An entrepreneurial attitude drives my ability to uncover weaknesses and strengths in order to deliver next-generation strategic plans for bank and business growth. Able to implement purposeful tactics for revenue increases, branch expansions and product offerings. A strong problem solver who believes in leading by example, able to oversee staff development and provide effective operational leadership and efficiencies.
Dedicated to building teams that believe in quality representation of the bank brand at every turn and instilling in others the practice of over delivering to develop loyal customers, clients and partnerships.
Commercial and Retail Sales
Investor Relations Wealth Management
I believe in trying to make a difference in the lives of others and my community, and do so by being an active member of the Rotary Club, Effingham Community Foundation Advisory Council, YMCA Advisory Council, and serve on the Board of Directors for the Contractor Loan Fund and Effingham Chamber of Commerce. I hold an MBA from William Woods University and have obtained numerous continuing education certifications from Management and Leadership Development to Performance Chain Management and Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis.
Senior Vice President Community Banking @ Manage and oversee all commercial and retail sales for four regions, including 45 offices and 300+ employees. Includes management of four key Directors (Commercial Lending, CRA/CDP/Treasury & Retail). Responsible for product development, staffing, training, branch expansion and community outreach
• Played pivotal role in increasing bank loan sales, loan fee collections, net income and consumer checking accounts
• Manage top level communications with board and conduct regular business development and quality control meetings throughout the year, working closely with bank management/leadership
Previous roles with Midland States Bank have included:
Regional Market President (2006-2011)
Management of a 50-person sales team for the Southern Illinois Region, responsible for all sales and service activities, as well as portfolio management, business development strategies, cross selling, customer service, asset and liability and revenue and profit generation.
Community Bank President (2003-2006)
Managed a sales team of 25, growing loan portfolio through concentrated business
strategy and development efforts and improved retail sales goals. From August 2003 to Present (12 years 5 months) President @ President of a $45 million dollar community bank with office in Camp Point, Illinois & independent charter within a $350 million dollar bank holding company (Illini Bank) out of Springfield, Illinois.
Responsible for overall strategic planning, staff management and implementation of bank strategies, tactics and policies resulting in a top performing small institution. Developed
valuable alliances and business relationships and strengthened customer retention programs and satisfaction within the community and county regions.
• Responsible for Board of Director communications
• Oversaw Investment and Loan Portfolio management
• Member of Adams County CDIC (Community Development Investment Council) From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Vice President @ Management of strategic planning and implementation of marketing and sales tactics, daily operations, activities and financial management of the Mortgage Loan Sales Production Unit.
• Personal loan portfolio exceeded $30M
• Outside sales development of small to medium sized commercial businesses, portfolio management and quality customer service programs From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Springfield, Illinois AreaVice President Small Business Banking Manager @ Full responsibility for Small Business Banking Division, reporting to SRVP of Retail and Commercial Lending for JP Morgan Chase/Bank One Springfield. Responsible for outside business development and internal team sales development.
• Managed a seven member team that produced $20M in loans and $40M in deposits
• Designed, managed a loan-by-phone banking product for entire 54-branch Illinois network From 1992 to 1998 (6 years) Springfield, Illinois Area
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Business Administration and Management, General @ William Woods University From 2001 to 2002 Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Business Administration and Management, General @ Illinois College From 1985 to 1987 Jeffrey Mefford is skilled in: Banking, Credit, Loans, Commercial Lending, Credit Analysis, Mortgage Lending, Sales, Commercial Banking, Commercial Mortgages, Loan Origination, Asset Based Lending, Consumer Lending, Small Business Lending, Retail Banking, Lines Of Credit
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension