I am a B2B marketing strategist with both agency and client-side experience. Social media may be a buzzword or the latest fad at your B2B company, but it is something that I live and breathe every day. Whether it is advising B2B enterprise companies on their social media strategy or writing compelling B2B content for a leading
I am a B2B marketing strategist with both agency and client-side experience. Social media may be a buzzword or the latest fad at your B2B company, but it is something that I live and breathe every day. Whether it is advising B2B enterprise companies on their social media strategy or writing compelling B2B content for a leading industry blog, B2B social media is my passion.
Listening, publishing and engaging with social media are just the beginning. The sharing of social media content can drive B2B lead generation and revenue growth.
I am an experienced B2B speaker who has spoken at national conferences about B2B social media adoption, Facebook for B2B marketers and how to generate business using LinkedIn.
If you think there is some reason we should connect, please let me know. That context will make me more likely to accept your connection. Don't think you can pitch me just because I accepted your connection. I may accept your connection, but ignore your pitch.
Director, Content Strategy, Oracle Marketing Cloud @ At this point you should know what content marketing is. That's what I do. We don't just write a bunch of stuff and toss it across the internet. We have a plan around it, a strategy, if you will. I do that too. And I'm sure you have heard of Oracle. We have a marketing product that's pretty spiffy. We built it out of lots of other marketing tools that people seem to like. They are part of something bigger now. And we try our best to avoid buzzwords and marketing-speak. From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Managing Editor @ SocialMediaB2B.com is the leading B2B social media site. It is the foremost news and discussion site on the topic of social media’s impact on B2B companies. By providing advice, examples and how to articles, the site helps drive social media adoption within B2B companies.
In addition to ranking on the Advertising Age Power 150 from 2009 until the listing's shutdown in July 2013, and rising to #61, SocialMediaB2B.com has received the following accolades:
2010: 10 Blogs to Kick Start Your Social Media Smarts (CIO.com)
2010: The Eloqua Blog Tree
2011: The Eloqua Blog Tree: New Growth
2011: Top 25 Social Media Blogs For Businesses (flowtown.com)
2012: Top 10 Social Media Blogs to Follow (maximizesocialbusiness.com)
2012: Top 100 Social Media, Internet Marketing & SEO Blogs (cision.com)
2012: Top 50 Social Media Blogs to Watch in 2013 (evancarmichael.com)
2013: Top 100 Social Media, Internet Marketing & SEO Blogs (cision.com) From February 2009 to Present (6 years 11 months) Author @ Advance your B2B marketing plans with proven social media strategies.
Learn social media's specific application to B2B companies and how it can be leveraged to drive leads and revenue. B2B marketers are undervalued and under appreciated in many companies. Social media and online marketing provide the right mix of rich data and reduction in marketing expenses to help transform a marketer into a superstar. The B2B Social Media Book provides B2B marketers with actionable advice on leveraging blogging, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more, combined with key strategic imperatives that serve as the backbone of effective B2B social media strategies.
This book serves as the definitive reference for B2B marketers looking to master social media and take their career to the next level.
*Describes a methodology for generating leads using social media.
*Details how to create content offers that increase conversion rates and drive leads from social media.
*Offers practical advice for incorporating mobile strategies into the marketing mix.
*Provides a step-by-step process for measuring the return on investment of B2B social media strategies.
The B2B Social Media Book will help readers establish a strong social media marketing strategy to generate more leads, become a marketing superstar in the eye of company leaders, and most importantly, contribute to business growth. From 2011 to Present (4 years) B2B Social Media Marketing Speaker @ Presented on B2B Social Media and Content Marketing at:
* South by Southwest (SXSW)
* MarketingProfs B2B Forum
* Salesforce Dreamforce
* Salesforce Connections
* Business Marketing Association National Conference
and at many professional organization meetings across the country including:
* American Advertising Federation (AAF)
* American Marketing Association (AMA)
* Business Marketing Association (BMA)
* International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
* Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association (MIMA)
* Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
* Salesforce Users Group
* Triangle Interactive Marketing Association (TIMA)
* The Basics of B2B Social Media
* How Social Media Changed Business Communications
* Social Media Lead Generation
* Principles of Social Media Marketing
* Business Blogging Best Practices
* Facebook for Business
* LinkedIn 101
* Social Media Influence
* Social Media Monitoring From 2009 to Present (6 years) Distinguished Lecturer @ Developed new undergraduate curriculum and taught social media and marketing analytics as full-time instructor in the Marketing Department in the College of Business. Advised campus American Marketing Association Chapter. Supervised two senior marketing students completing their honors theses. From January 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 5 months) Manager, Content Marketing @ • Increased quarterly blog traffic 41% over previous quarter
• Increased quarterly form completes 158% over previous quarter
• Developed methodology and metrics for success
• Established relationships with marketing stakeholders
Selected to lead the newly merged content marketing team of six, including a content manager/blog editor, a content strategist/analyst and 4 brand journalists. The team initiated a top of the funnel content program by publishing sales, service, marketing and mobile development blog posts and ebooks targeted at SMBs, mid-market and enterprise prospects and customers. From May 2013 to September 2013 (5 months) Manager, Content Marketing @ • Increased yearly blog traffic 119% over previous year
• Increased yearly ebook traffic 173% over previous year
• Drove over 60,000 yearly form completes through paid and organic efforts
• 2013 Content Marketing Awards: Best Blog Entry - Gold, Best Individual Corporate Blog - Honorable Mention, Best Multi-Author Blog - Honorable Mention
Senior role on award-winning content team, responsible for developing blog posts, ebooks, webinars and infographics to educate, inform and entertain our customers, prospects, advocates and influencers, while driving leads and sales. From August 2012 to April 2013 (9 months) Manager, Social Strategy @ • Supported over $2 million in quarterly sales opportunities as a pre-sales strategist
Provided structured and unstructured social media strategy sessions for Fortune 500 companies. Refined social media maturity methodology through customer and prospect workshops. Worked with our web team to turn the workshop process into an online tool to gather more survey data to create a social media maturity index. From May 2012 to August 2012 (4 months) Social Strategist @ • Conducted nearly 70 social strategy workshops with customers
Provided structured and unstructured social media strategy sessions for Fortune 500 companies. Refined social media maturity methodology through customer and prospect workshops. Worked with our web team to turn the workshop process into an online tool to gather more survey data to create a social media maturity index. From August 2011 to May 2012 (10 months) Social Media Marketing Manager @ Led social media team at strategic branding and advertising agency. Worked with B2B and B2C clients to develop and implement their social media marketing strategies utilizing blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social sites. Worked with clients in commercial paper, outdoor apparel, alternative energy, food services and food safety. From March 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 6 months) Partner @ OurHashtag was a social media consultancy that brought together the elements of community, marketing and technology to provide platforms for connection and engagement both online and off-line. From May 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 8 months) Account Executive @ * Worked as a strategic partner with B2B clients' marketing staff, managing components of interactive and traditional marketing programs, including advertising, public relations, web site, catalogs, social media, packaging, brochures, merchandising, and trade shows.
* Managed client budgets and monthly invoices, created project estimates, and created and managed project timelines.
* Managed client and agency web projects utilizing internal and external resources for design, content development, coding and site launch.
* Managed agency social media campaign including blog content development and editing, social bookmarking and microblogging.
* Worked with clients in retail distribution, industrial equipment, energy and software industries. From March 2006 to March 2009 (3 years 1 month) Director of Marketing @ Planned and implemented marketing, advertising and publicity strategies for B2C and B2B; managed all aspects of catalog production for 164-page semi-annual catalog; coordinated development of web site by in-house staff and out-of-house developers; managed team of in-house creatives and outside contractors; managed several large wholessale accounts, including QVC; supervised marketing consultant, marketing assistant, call center supervisor, sales assistant and copy writer; coordinated product recall with Consumer Product Safety Commission From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Marketing and Media Manager @ From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) Media Manager @ From 1993 to 1997 (4 years) Media Writer @ From 1992 to 1993 (1 year) Assistant Account Executive @ Managed classifiied advertising accounts billing approximately 2 million dollars annually. From 1990 to 1991 (1 year) Video Production Intern @ Assisted in all aspects of video production, including supervised location shooting, managed contractors, videography, editing. From 1988 to 1989 (1 year)
MA, Radio, TV and Motion Pictures @ UNC-Chapel Hill From 1987 to 1989 BS, Psychology @ Duke University From 1983 to 1987 Jeffrey Cohen is skilled in: Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Social Media, Social Media Measurement, Blogging, Content Strategy, B2B, Marketing, B2B Marketing, SEO, Strategic Planning, Social Listening, Strategy, Digital Strategy