Master of Business Administration (MBA) @
San Jose State
Extensive experience as a board designer for various routing platforms, WAN interfaces and embedded systems. Developed products using ADSL, G.SHDSL, 4G, 3G, LTE, WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, and USB interfaces and worked and debugged with PCIe, PCI, DDR3, and TDM buses. I've been exposed to Verilog RTL design, created test benches and am familiar using both Altera and
Extensive experience as a board designer for various routing platforms, WAN interfaces and embedded systems. Developed products using ADSL, G.SHDSL, 4G, 3G, LTE, WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, and USB interfaces and worked and debugged with PCIe, PCI, DDR3, and TDM buses. I've been exposed to Verilog RTL design, created test benches and am familiar using both Altera and Xilinx design flows and devices.
I am passionate about continually learning new skills that helps grow myself into a more well-rounded person. This mindset lead me to complete San Jose State's dual MBA/MSE program. From the dual masters degree programs, I've improved my presentation & communication skills, and have a better understanding of business decisions behind projects. Having both an extensive technical background plus insights from the MBA/MSE program allowed myself to help lead so many successful hardware projects.
Speciality skills include the following: high speed digital PCB design, digital system architecture, product cost reduction, hardware/software integration, lab bringup of new boards and platforms, and implement design practices that lead to scalable mass production.
Sr Hardware Engineer @ From 2013 to Present (2 years) Hardware Engineer @ - Worked on the Cisco 819 machine-to-machine hardened routing platform that supports 4G/LTE/3G/Wi-Fi/Gigabit Ethernet/Serial and USB. It's one of many products from Cisco that will grow the Internet of Things (IoT) market space.
- Designed, implemented, and brought to market a wide variety of WAN interface cards for the Cisco 800/2600/3600/3700 routing platforms. Interface experience includes: ADSL, g.SHDSL, Ethernet, USB, 3G, 4G, LTE, Wi-Fi, ISDN-U, and various SFP SKUs.
- Designed PVDM4, Cisco next generation voice/video transcoding DSP for the ISR 4400 platform.
- Designed Gigabit Ethernet ports for Cisco ISR G2 routing platforms.
- Designed the Network Module Adapter for the Cisco ISR G2, which allows customers to reuse their legacy network modules on Cisco ISR G2 slots. From January 2000 to October 2013 (13 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHardware Sustaining Engineer @ Point of contact for all company wide hardware issues on the Cisco 4500 and Cisco 4700 platforms.
- Worked on high profile and highly escalated field issues where it was required to give daily progress updates to the customer and Cisco executive team. The high visibility and focus lead to root cause that satisfied the customers and regained confidence in Cisco’s engineering expertise.
- Root caused various customer and field issues from QA and implemented necessary hardware solutions via engineering change notices, or ECO. This process allows to reduce customer found defect over time which will lead to increase customer satisfaction.
- Lead cross business unit effort to re-spin an ASIC (0.7um to 0.45um) to extend platform longevity, which preserved millions of dollars of revenue for another 2-3 years for Cisco. From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaTest Engineer @ Provided feedback to Catalyst 5000 hardware engineering team about trending manufacturing fall outs; trained and advised manufacturing and testing personnel whenever required.
- Lead defect reduction team (DRT) to document and root cause manufacturing defects of Catalyst 5000 product line to help improve manufacturing yields.
- Trained external contract manufacturers about overall architecture of the Catalyst 5000 to help their debugging skills and thus increase yield thru put for Cisco.
- Monitored manufacturing lines for one off failures, debugged and resolved failed test units all the while managing to minimizing customer lead times. From 1996 to 1998 (2 years) San Francisco Bay Area
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Administration and Management, General @ San Jose State From 2000 to 2002 Master of Science (MS), Engineering @ San Jose State From 2000 to 2002 Bachelor of Science (BS), Electronic Engineering @ California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo From 1990 to 1995 Jeff Visaya is skilled in: Ethernet, Telepresence, Cisco Technologies, PCIe, Embedded Systems, Device Drivers, RTL design, OSPF, Network Architecture, QoS, Cisco IOS, Wireless, SystemVerilog, IXIA, Debugging
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension