Software Support @ SBC Communications - Pacific Bell
Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science @
San Diego State University-California State University
I am a software engineer who really enjoys full stack development. I discovered, while earning my Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, how much I liked the creative and logical problem-solving tasks provided by this field. This led to me expanding my skills by performing Systems and Software Engineering in my current position. To keep my skills
One of the perks of living in the Bay Area is the many local technology meetup groups available to me, and I heartily take advantage of that opportunity.
Systems / Software Engineer @ • Responsible for writing, and debugging code in accordance with company software development life cycle policies.
• Leverage Java SE with JavaFX to create user interface for remote scanning information assurance (IA) product.
• Utilize model-view-controller (MVC) Framework for all company Java projects.
• Perform JUnit unit testing on project built using Ant.
• Run IDE plugin FindBugs to check code for potential bug issues.
• Review code and FindBugs results of other team members.
• Test code changes in virtualized environment before submitting GitHub pull request.
• Information assurance vulnerability management (IAVM) compliance subject matter expert (SME) for government program of record (POR).
• Gathered system requirements and participated in code reviews as a member of 5 person development team that created N-tier enterprise client/server application.
• Designed and created normalized Oracle 10G database with indexes, stored procedures and user accounts using SQL Scripts.
• Locked down security on Oracle database by removing default settings and running a security readiness review (SRR) script.
• Provided ongoing DBA support for patching and fixing Oracle RDBMS.
• Performed extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks to aggregate data or remove duplicate records.
• Utilized eEye Retina and Nessus scanning applications to create individual system security status review.
• Used C++ to add new features to the global positioning system (GPS) simulation project.
• Improved and standardized the GPS project user interface with tools from Visual C++. From July 2001 to Present (14 years 6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaStudent Manager @ • Wrote scripts to automate steps for checking server uptime.
• Maintained Microsoft Access database records for responsible group and contact information on all system critical servers.
• Worked with others remotely to correct missing or incorrect database data.
• Coordinated with outside vendor to enlarge the San Diego Midrange ROCC work area. From June 2000 to March 2001 (10 months) Greater San Diego Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension