Sr. Financial Analyst/Contractor @ Various Clients
Account Executive @ Robert Half Management Resources
Supervisor/Sr. Analyst @ TransUnion
BS, Accountancy @
Northern Illinois University
A strategic accounting and finance professional with 15 years experience. An expert in many technical applications: Access macro building and report development, Excel pivot tables and V-lookups, PowerPoint, MapInfo 8.0, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Essbase and Cognos. An excellent resource for standardization of procedures and protocols, program development, and ad hoc reporting. An achiever committed to high personal
A strategic accounting and finance professional with 15 years experience. An expert in many technical applications: Access macro building and report development, Excel pivot tables and V-lookups, PowerPoint, MapInfo 8.0, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Essbase and Cognos. An excellent resource for standardization of procedures and protocols, program development, and ad hoc reporting. An achiever committed to high personal standards, ethics, and integrity. Work experience extends to support & service management, recruiting, financial analysis, program management, international accounting, and corporate accounting.
Sr. Financial Analyst/Contractor @ From May 2012 to Present (3 years 8 months) Account Executive @ Robert Half Management Resources is the world's premier provider of senior-level accounting and finance professionals on a project and interim basis. We provide companies cost-effective solutions to their project staffing needs in areas including: Accounting, Finance, Interim Management, Audit & Compliance, Taxation, Treasury, and Operations Management.
As an Account Executive, my responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new client business by meeting hiring managers in order to understand their staffing needs.
- Making recommendations to clients regarding the candidates available to best meet their requirements.
- Providing customer service for existing clients to ensure their expectations are being met.
- Sourcing project professionals through existing database, advertising, Internet, business contacts and direct recruiting.
- Meeting with project professionals to evaluate their skills and understand their job preferences.
- Strategizing with teammates to accomplish business growth goals. From February 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 3 months) Supervisor/Sr. Analyst @ Managed staff of four and provided counsel to sales vice presidents through reporting and analysis of expense data. Closed monthly books, overseeing preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, people costs, and head-count tracking. Reviewed Authorization For Expenditures (AFEs), as well as performed justification analysis, including payback period for operating and capital expenditures. Developed expense forecast with analysis against plan, prior year, and prior forecast. Readied board and corporate presentation slides. Coordinated payment of consultants and outside service providers. Held responsibility for monthly royalty and vendor payment calculations and submission, as well as accounts payable processing. Provided monthly expense projections for USIS segment, with focus on product and people cost management. . From May 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 6 months) Administrative Services Manager @ Provided support to Sales and Marketing management through reporting and analysis of sales data. Actively worked with executive management on solution development for the appropriate support to various product groups. Also managed department intern who handled Accounts Payable Check Requests, Marketing Budget reconciliations, and assisted in monthly reporting. Created automated Access reports using macros, running many queries-on-command for various product groups by segment; previously these reports were manually keyed. Improved accuracy of quarterly Bonus payments and employee Product Enhancement Program (PEP) year end prize calculations by developing automated Field Sales Incentive programs. Vested a large portion of time creating additional ad hoc reports upon request for Senior Management and Directors. From July 2005 to December 2008 (3 years 6 months) Senior Analyst/Financial Staff Analyst (Sales & Marketing Support) @ - Managed interco price inquiries/updates for domestic and international subsidiaries; maintained monthly & bi-annual interco price lists to support customer service billing system.
- Created a standardized process for Interiors interco pricing.
- Completed accomplishment review for Empire, NV plant’s Wet End Accumulation Project.
- Prepared the Monthly Gypsum Market Share/Industry Report. From December 2003 to July 2005 (1 year 8 months) Senior Financial Staff Accountant (International Finance) @ - Provided $4MM tax benefit by supplying analyses used in preparation of amended Foreign Sales Corporation tax returns for 1994-96 and original returns for 1997 & 1998.
- G/L conversion to Oracle; served as department representative, renamed/numbered all inter/intracompany accounts.
- Reduced German subsidiary’s open items by 95% combining two entities; developed/maintained cooperative relationship with assistant controller.
- Managed pre-petition liabilities for USG International; worked with Treasury and Law departments to ascertain treatment of convoluted pre-petition liabilities.
- Audited European Intracompany accounts/prepared monthly Aging Schedule of Intracompany A/R for Europe, Asia and Austral-asia; increased number of A/R invoices being agreed upon monthly resolving issues with aged items.
- Interfaced with European controllers, reconciled monthly activity such as accounts receivable and expatriate expense payments (accounts payable); completed monthly Hyperion consolidations of European subsidiaries’ results.
- Performed monthly Goal v. Actual tie-out for Interiors products group.
- Corresponded with upper Management and Controllers in Middle East, South Africa, Far East and Pacific to keep foreign intracompany account audits up to date and ensure compliance with GAAP and Corporate Accounting & Reporting.
- Prepared/distributed monthly & quarterly reporting packages to upper management.
- Analyzed USG Interiors product sales trends/records; prepared quarterly competitor information report for review and discussion by upper management and board of directors.
- Provided training and support to new employees; implemented new training procedures/manuals.
- Set USG International Domestic Budgets.
- Maintained USG Interiors/International Access Database.
- Paid foreign consultants, expatriate and misc expenses through BMG netting system; monitored receipts of foreign payments for products, royalties, and short-term loans in various currencies. From January 1999 to December 2003 (5 years) Greater Chicago AreaCorporate Accountant @ - Prepared consolidated financial statements, as well as the monthly Balance Sheet and Expense analyses used at year-end as footnotes to annual report.
- Handled monthly audits between Corporate and subsidiaries, as well as the R&D Center.
- Generated and processed monthly journal entries.
- Maintained the general ledger and corporate expense systems. From June 1997 to January 1999 (1 year 8 months) Greater Chicago Area
MBA, Corporate Management, emphasis: Human Resource Development & Finance @ Dominican University - Brennan School of Business From 2004 to 2007 BS, Accountancy @ Northern Illinois University From 1993 to 1997 Trinity High School From 1989 to 1993 Jeanna Bifero, CPA, MBA is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Hyperion Enterprise, Finance, Budgets, Accounts Receivable, Process Improvement, Accounts Payable, Forecasting, PeopleSoft, Access, Analysis, GAAP, Microsoft Word
Looking for a different
Jeanna Bifero, CPA, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension