Director Program Management Organization - PMO - EBG North America @ Alcatel-Lucent
Owner @ Le Panier Francais
Owner @ Le Panier Francais
My objective is to use my business initiative to benefit the company by launching and directing business cases and implementing effective organizational strategies. I have 25+ years of success in technical and program management behind me, and in that time I have shown my ability to launch start-up projects, manage large deployment initiatives, and report progress to
My objective is to use my business initiative to benefit the company by launching and directing business cases and implementing effective organizational strategies. I have 25+ years of success in technical and program management behind me, and in that time I have shown my ability to launch start-up projects, manage large deployment initiatives, and report progress to executives. As a technology enthusiast with an entrepreneurial mindset, I desire to advance the company by combining years of experience with a vision for the company’s future.
• Proven record of project success, with projects completed on time, within budget, within scope, and with customer satisfaction.
• Excellent organizational strategy skills, as shown by project creation and alignment.
• Experience in reporting to top executives; received award letters from several Alcatel-Lucent executives.
• Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset by creating projects from scratch, launching products and business support, and worldwide project deployment initiatives. Focuses on having the right people, processes, and metrics in place.
• Proven team builder and leader in line management positions with the ability to motivate and direct staff; recognized in establishing and communicating with a strong customer service focus.
• Adept at assessing people and using their strengths to assemble a team of both technical and non-technical positions.
• Excellent communication skills; strong decision-making and multi-tasking capabilities.
• Expert project planner in both large-scale and start-up projects, with a blended knowledge of business, technical skills, and people management.
• Special interest in cloud computing, virtualization, website development, and hosted VoIP technology.
Director Program Management Organization - PMO - EBG North America @ I am responsible for running the strategic accounts department and for customer deals from $1M to $45M. In these projects, I lead a team of 8 program managers who lead customer-facing teams of 7 to 45 individuals. My work in developing the PMO resulted in a new maturity level for the company and was recognized by the CEO of Alcatel-Lucent. I also build, plan, and launch initiatives for Alcatel-Lucent executives, which has resulted in $3M to $10M in revenues.
• Monitor project health and financial balance. Restore any broken processes between system groups in order to have the organization lined up. My work in this area resulted in avoiding $7M in loss.
• Train the program management team for sales support functions.
• Hire project and program managers and mentor them.
• Create tools (templates, business work-flows, project plans) to help the program and project managers accomplish their day-to-day tasks.
• Implement reporting tool structure for executive level. From August 2008 to Present (7 years 5 months) Owner @ From 2004 to 2015 (11 years) Owner @ From 2004 to 2015 (11 years) Lead PMO / SR. Project Manager @ In this position I launched the UPMC program with a budget of $300M. I organized the project vertically through the installation, support, training, project management, and pre-sales until it matured enough to be taken over by a regular, daily team. I hired personnel from multiple entities and was commended by them for my ability to match the candidates’ personalities and technical skills to the job positions.
• Worked in a challenging environment, due to new technology, size of the deal, and external parties involved.
• Lead cross-business unit program with the goal of aligning the Alcatel-Lucent organization, resulting in ability to perform this challenging program delivery.
• Created the PMO organizational standards based on PMP best practices.
• Fueled a “winner mindset” for the teams via ongoing war room brainstorming. From 2007 to July 2008 (1 year) Key Account Manager / Sr. Global Project Manager @ I juggled several critical accounts as Key Account Manager. In one instance, I negotiated a complex contract for 13 month. When the $300M contract was signed, I received an award letter from Hubert de Pesquidoux, Alcatel-Lucent’s Enterprise CEO at the time. Another example of my work in this position is organizing and fixing the Saint-Gobain account, which contained 354 sites and $5M to $7M in revenue a year.
• Monitor pricing of large deals and shield offers with transactions ranging from $20M to $150M.
• Customers included Countrywide, UPMC, Saint-Gobain, and Advocate Healthcare.
• Acted as a mediator between managers, business partners, and technical teams involved in each project.
• Involved in both business dealings and technical issues in the project. From January 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Installation Manager @ This position was a result of my work as Global Project Manager on the Advocate Healthcare project. Advocate Healthcare wanted to accelerate the project, so I took charge of the deployment team for the field activity. At the time of deployment, I managed a team of between 45 and 120 project managers, technicians, and engineers. This project resulted in $10M in revenue. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Global Project Manager @ I was promoted to this position to found the team to deploy the remainder of the Advocate Healthcare network, which consisted of 25 sites with at least 30,000 users. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Technical Consultant / Team Leader @ I relocated to Chicago, Illinois, USA to organize the foundation of the Advocate Healthcare VoIP network. Working alongside our customers, I defined the standards for deployment of the network. I was fully responsible for 47 sites and their 50,000+ users. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Technical Manager / Technical Engineer @ I moved to the USA and was responsible for launching the OmniPCX 4400 hot-line in Acton, MA. I mentored a technical team and supported the customers. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) System Expert In Voice Management System / Technical Manager @ In this position, I worked on the creation of a hotline for the Alcatel 4755 product built on a SUN station platform and managed the engineers that were dedicated to that hot line. I also developed Telecom projects with R&D in Germany. From 1996 to 1999 (3 years) Engineer, Large Voice Network @ Here I supervised a team of 5 technicians to install and maintain a product for voice management system. I provided technical support while acting as an expert in the large voice system, 4300VL. From 1991 to 1996 (5 years) Field Engineer @ Intelligent Habitat System (IHS), France, PARIS 13
I directed a team of 7 technicians for installation and maintenance of a large project involving the system managing a power plant and the security of a large mall. From 1988 to 1991 (3 years) Project Technicien @ I accounted for the integration and testing of the system installed in different countries including toll subway system, gates, and ticketing machines. I also performed the installation in Egypt From 1985 to 1988 (3 years)
Professional TrainingOther SkillsOther SkillsDEUG MASS, Informatic and Mathematic @ Université Paris Nord- Paris 13 From 1986 to 1988 BTS, Electronics @ Lycee Jacquard From 1984 to 1985 Bachelor Degree F2, Electronic @ Lycee Saint Jean Baptiste de la Salle From 1981 to 1984 Jean-Pierre Brunet is skilled in: Program Management, Telecommunications, VoIP, Deployment, Cloud Computing, Budgeting, Data Center, IP, ITIL, PMP, MPLS, Integration, Operation, Pre-sales, Project Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension