Growth Instructor & Assistant Program Director @ Laudato Si' Challenge
Cofounder of two startups (with one successful exit) where I was in charge of Marketing and Product Management. I have 5 years of experiences, very detailed oriented in initiating new projects, working with cross-functional teams to set up goals, direction and implementation of features needed for the business. I also have strong interpersonal, problem solving, written and
Cofounder of two startups (with one successful exit) where I was in charge of Marketing and Product Management. I have 5 years of experiences, very detailed oriented in initiating new projects, working with cross-functional teams to set up goals, direction and implementation of features needed for the business. I also have strong interpersonal, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills. The two startups I have worked in, Taxiwise and Mobexo, were listed in Hong Kong Business Magazine’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014 and Mobexo was listed in StartupsHK’s Top 10 Hong Kong startups of 2013.
Specialties: mobile and web development, iOS, Android, mobile payment, agile product development, travel sector, startups, entrepreneurship, product management, fundraising, public speaking and mentoring other entrepreneurs. A self-starter that thrives in solving challenging problems in fast-paced environments.
Growth Marketing @ Tradecraft is an intensive full-time program with 4 tracks for Engineering, UX Design, Growth, and Sales / Business Development. Classes are designed and taught by industry experts from Airbnb, Dropbox, Uber, Lyft, IDEO, Google, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. Tradecraft partners with high growth startups for students to apply their new skills on projects, gaining real startup-experience.
Curriculum practiced: Ad tech vendor research | SQL | LTV | CAC | A/B testing | SEO | Excel | Tableau | channel prioritization | customer acquisition strategy | Google AdWords | Google Analytics | messaging | content marketing | email marketing | cohort analysis | financial modeling | virality | multi channel attribution | web scraping | native ads | onboarding tear downs | KPIs | Facebook & Twitter ads | PR | partnerships | affiliate outreach | growth case studies From October 2015 to Present (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct and Marketing Manager @ Executive/Management role, after the purchase of Taxiwise, involving a wide range of internal and external facing activities—sales and business strategy, marketing and thought leadership, customer/partner engagement, product positioning, and field enablement.
- Developed company marketing strategy and a go-to-market plan. Liaise with product development teams to manage new product.
- Launched a MVP for customer feedbacks and analyze first key features.
- Implemented a go-to-market plan and led the sales team to recruit its first restaurants for launch.
- Lead and mentored cross-functional teams including designers, sales agents and interns to create videos, social media promotions and new design concepts.
- Ensured effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
- Managed social media, directed and produced promotional and launch videos for the app. From April 2014 to January 2015 (10 months) Hong KongCo-founder - Product and Marketing Lead @ Sold Taxiwise to Ikky in April 2014. Taxiwise was listed in Hong Kong Business Magazine’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014, selected as Top 10 taxi booking app to use in Asia and Travel and Leisure Magazine’s Top 5 Favorite Regional app. Own execution, product development, marketing strategies and investor relations.
- Sought out common problem for local population, built mobile app solution and grew customer base and had an exit. Taxiwise was the first taxi booking app launched in Hong Kong.
- Created our business strategy, revenue model and partnership expansion.
- Built an early prototype of the product to test and prove our hypothesis for the demand along with A/B testing which lead to over 10 other prototypes.
- Grew our rides/month from 10 to 3000 rides. Signed up around 10,000 taxi drivers.
- Developed a Marketing and Communication Strategy on a low startup budget and achieved success in branding and getting local and external exposure for Taxiwise.
- Pivoted from a consumer user base to a B2B model. Secured contracts with strategic hotels and major taxi adverting company TouchMedia in Hong Kong.
- Led a team of 5 engineers to launched four apps: iOS user, Android user, Android driver and web app.
- Investor Relations and Presentations.
- Video of myself presenting Taxiwise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtu6W6oECnQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9omybzu6OVU From November 2012 to April 2014 (1 year 6 months) Hong KongProduct and Communications Manager @ Mobexo is a mobile payment startup that wants you to forget about payments. Led early implementation and user generation strategies.
- Devised a media strategy to propel Mobexo as one of the hottest startup in Hong Kong and Vietnam which put it the Hong Kong Business Magazine’s 20 Hottest Startups of 2014 and StartupsHK’s Top 10 Hong Kong Startup of 2013.
- Created strategies relating to communication, social media, offline and online aspects. Grew our audience count by 40%.
- Received feedback from customers and merchants to work with the development team to iterate and create a better payment experience.
- Secured publications in some of the biggest Asian tech blogs and local newspapers, which increased audience views by 40%. Made the front page of South China Morning Post which increased downloads by 200%. Mobexo was interviewed in Capital Magazine in 2013.
- Expanded our client base to over 100 merchants and awarded one of the Top 10 Hong Kong Startup in 2013 by StartupsHK.
- Organized merchant and customer conferences to attract new clients and show how to effectively use the app.
- Demonstrated the app in front of a crowd of 100 at an international conference in San Jose, CA and Singapore. From September 2013 to March 2014 (7 months) Co-founder and Product Lead @ Co-founded a startup to allow art and design students to post their work online and get critiqued from their peers or professionals.
- Created a platform for emerging artists and students because there was a lack of sharing and evaluating each other’s work over the web.
- Recruited a team of developers, designers, and interns to create our web application.
- Signed up 27 professors as the first beta testers of our platform. From January 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaQA Analysis - French @ - Research and routing location and direction for French users
- Creating and testing scenarios for mobile navagation app Scout
- Bug testing, reporting, fixing
- Translation of audio and writing English to French in the context of transit and navigation From 2012 to 2012 (less than a year) Lead Infractruture Engineer Level IV @ Main French support agent for the newly created global 24/7 IT Tech Support for Varian Medical System.
Provided internal user support via phone, e-mails and remote access tools for Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP, and other software suits
Administered network access rights and created/removed accounts on Active Directory, ITEM, SAP, Exchange, LiveMeeting, Forefront, and others.
Helped users address mid-level issues, including network connectivity, web-conferencing hardware, projection systems, disc-encryption, hardware configurations, registry changes and BIOS settings
Cooperated with local/ international colleagues to develop procedures and project delegation guidelines for consolidating /outsourcing of tasks
Traveled to the UK, conferenced with Europe, and US locations to assist in developing training for level 2 support and European business practices
Translated English to French worldwide communication messages for internal read From November 2010 to August 2011 (10 months) Guest Experience Supervisor @ Implement strategic customer relation system to increase Target "Red card" credit card application by 20%
Successfully improved customer shopping experience by designing a faster checkout system to increase efficiency
Recruited, interviewed and terminated team members
Conducted yearly reviews of sales associates, exacted disciplinary acts and created monthly reward games From December 2009 to October 2010 (11 months)
B.S, Business Administration; Marketing @ San Jose State University From 2005 to 2009 Jean-Marc Ly is skilled in: Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Strategy, Social Media, Marketing, Blogging, French, English, CRM, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, E-commerce, Translation, Photography, Troubleshooting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension