Regional Vice President of Operations - Wholesale and Quality Park @ Cenveo
Regional Manufacturing Manager @ Standard Register
Plant Manager @ Standard Register
Bachelor's degree, Organizational Leadership and Supervision @
Regional Vice President of Operations - Wholesale and Quality Park @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Regional Manufacturing Manager @ Develop strategic direction for multiple sites to maximize Gross Margin and improve Customer Satisfaction. Drive consolidation activities in order to drive out costs. High focus on talent acquisition and development to develop high
Regional Vice President of Operations - Wholesale and Quality Park @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Regional Manufacturing Manager @ Develop strategic direction for multiple sites to maximize Gross Margin and improve Customer Satisfaction. Drive consolidation activities in order to drive out costs. High focus on talent acquisition and development to develop high performance teams. Lead integration of two companies into one manufacturing footprint. From January 2012 to September 2014 (2 years 9 months) Plant Manager @ •Continually build client loyalty by increasing On-Time to Promise from 90.6% to 97.93% in a twelve month period by actively engaging sales and customer service, while continually improving our production processes.
•Lead the MyC3 restructuring initiative within the York facility that drove $2.3 million dollars of savings by working collaboratively with multiple facilities, sales, and corporate to ensure execution of the project.
•Steadily drive out cost through waste and efficiency improvements that have resulted in a decrease in factory cost from 54.1% to 50.6% YTD.
•Constantly driving waste reduction projects resulting in a year over year improvement from 10.4% to 9.6% YTD. From June 2009 to January 2012 (2 years 8 months) Operations Manager @ - Resposible for Quality, Production, Shipping/Receiving, and Maintenace Departments that drove a 5 % point improvement in total costs over a 15 month period. From February 2008 to June 2009 (1 year 5 months) OPEX Manager @ - Responsible for managing the plant productivity deck.
- Mentor all project leaders in order to ensure timely project completions.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and involved in staff decision making. From October 2005 to February 2008 (2 years 5 months) CI Engineer @ Developed an employee involvement program that drives continuous improvement from a floor level with a yearly productivity goal of $150,000.
- Contributed to $600,000 in savings over the last 12 months.
- Worked with the commodities, packaging engineering and production teams to redesign the box designs for 22 SKUs which resulted in material and labor savings of $550,000.
- Conducted an OEE improvement event that improved Performance by 15%
- Participated on an improvement team that implemented the future state of a VSM reducing our operation to a two shift schedule
- Responsible for mentoring plant engineers and production managers in order to drive productivity improvements throughout our division. From January 2005 to October 2007 (2 years 10 months) OPEX Manager @ Manage $10 Million of cost reduction projects through engineering, production, and human resources. From October 2005 to February 2007 (1 year 5 months) Production Supervisor @ - Directed and coordinated a crew of 22 individuals in the Lamination Department.
- Responsible for driving safety, quality, and employee morale in a 24/7 operation working with one of the most senior production teams in the facility.
- Responsible for production planning and decision-making in order to maintain customer satisfaction levels.
- Provided direction/motivation to employees in order to achieve and exceed production and individual goals.
- Interfaced with leadership to optimize production and improve product quality and efficiency. From August 2003 to November 2004 (1 year 4 months) Department Manager @ - Supervised a crew of 38 highly skilled tool room employees.
- Responsible for driving safety, quality, Kaizen, and on-time/on-budget initiatives.
- Developed training programs and monitored training of all new employees.
- Developed, tracked and maintained on-time/on-budget milestones and took appropriate corrective actions. From October 2002 to August 2003 (11 months) Intern @ From 2002 to 2002 (less than a year)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Organizational Leadership @ Purdue University From 1998 to 2002 Bachelor's degree, Organizational Leadership and Supervision @ Purdue University From 1998 to 2002 Jay Parks is skilled in: Building Strong Teams, Productivity Improvement, Accountability, Vision Development, Employee Engagement, Cost Reduction, Cost Control, Developing Talent, Customer Service, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Union Negotiations, Mentoring, Leadership Development, Green Belt
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension