I love meeting new people for coffee and spitballing with other Columbus entrepreneurs. My mission is to help and empower the Columbus young professional community and grow Columbus' technology startup ecosystem. I have a passion for the arts and local music scene as well, and am exploring the intersection between entrepreneurship and music. If I can help
I love meeting new people for coffee and spitballing with other Columbus entrepreneurs. My mission is to help and empower the Columbus young professional community and grow Columbus' technology startup ecosystem. I have a passion for the arts and local music scene as well, and am exploring the intersection between entrepreneurship and music. If I can help you, I will do so without hesitation.
Chief Operating Officer of Tixers, a digital ticketing marketplace. We allow ticketholders to quickly and efficiently sell their tickets to retain the maximum value on their investment possible. For ticket buyers, we aggregate tickets for collegiate and pro sports, concerts, theater, festivals, and more.
In 2012, I launched my first solo venture, MarketOSU: Ohio State's largest student-only marketplace. I am a former President and current evangelist of the Business Builders Club, Ohio State's entrepreneurship organization. I am both a Startup Weekend and StartupBus alum, as well as a TechColumbus Student Entrepreneur of the Year. I once bought Dave McClure a beer and he told me that my pitch "didn't completely suck." In 2013, I was the recipient of the Fisher College of Business's highest honor, the Pace Setter, as well as President of the Year.
Author of the Startup Guide: https://www.fundable.com/learn/resources/guides/startup-guide
Chief Operating Officer @ (Acquired by OneUp Sports in April, 2015)
Innovative solutions focused on saving time, minimizing risk, reducing waste, and providing more value for all ticket holders
Tixers allows customers to trade tickets that would otherwise go into waste or need to be resold into the site in exchange for immediate value in the form of credits on the site. We also facilitate traditional ticket brokerage paired with flexibility for customers to request they seats the like at the price they want.
Tixers is funded by the UpTech Accelerator based in Covington, Kentucky right across the river from downtown Cincinnati.
If you ever have tickets that you are not going to use or if you are looking for certain tickets please let us know! From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Commissioner @ The Create Columbus Commission (CCC) is a board of young professionals (YP), appointed and funded by the Mayor and City Council President to serve as the community’s foremost thought leader on young professional interests, experiences, and priorities. Through strategic community building efforts and a targeted YP grants program, the CCC strives to make Columbus the next great American city and the nation’s number one place for YPs to live, work, and play.
The CCC believes that the City of Columbus will be better positioned to attract and retain talent if there are YPs at the decision making table co-creating a forward-thinking city with a vibrant, accessible, and integrated urban environment that is a magnet for talent. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaColumbus Organizer & Facilitator @ Startup Weekend is an intense 54 hour event which focuses on building a web or mobile application which could form the basis of a credible business over the course of a weekend. The weekend brings together people with different skillsets - primarily software developers, graphics designers and business people - to build applications and develop a commercial case around them.
I help to make the Columbus event happen. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaStaff Writer @ Pet project creating a brand within the vibrant Columbus music scene. We highlight and showcase local artists by filming them in our living room. www.WyandotteSessions.com From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Founder @ Boosted Brands is a digital marketing consultancy that strives to facilitate your business in meeting your customers where they are, and where they are going to be: online. From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Founder @ Ohio State's largest student-only marketplace for buying and selling used textbooks, sport and event tickets, and more. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Business Development @ - Wrote a definitive guide for predominantly first-time entrepreneurs who are beginning a startup. The guide covers ideation, finding validation, gaining traction, the art of selling, necessary pitch assets, marketing, and a whole host of tools and resources.
- Perform diligence in researching potential Fundable clients From January 2014 to April 2014 (4 months) Powell, OhioPresident @ The Business Builders Club connects current and aspiring entrepreneurs with the knowledge, mentors, and funding to build successful businesses and social ventures. As President, it is my responsibility to coordinate meetings, events, fundraise for the club and its functions, as well as further the club's mission by being an ambassador within the community. From March 2013 to March 2014 (1 year 1 month) Bartender @ Spent several months bartending to keep my nights open and my mornings clear-headed. I also received two certifications:
- Certificate of graduation from ABC Bartending Schools
- TIPS certified in the state of Ohio From June 2013 to October 2013 (5 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaServer @ Rounded out my work experiences spending a summer working in the service industry waiting tables and learning the inner-workings of hospitality. From June 2013 to August 2013 (3 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaCollege of Exploration Honors Ambassador @ I spoke with potential and incoming freshman on behalf of the Ohio State University Exploration Program. From April 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 5 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaCo-founder @ Professional publishing for user-demanded content. We get more authors published by leveraging crowdfunding to validate manuscripts and raise necessary capital. 2013 StartupBus Runner-up. From March 2013 to May 2013 (3 months) Greater Chicago AreaFront Desk Attendant @ Main duties included:
- Customer service
- Record-setting membership sales
- Class preparation
- General maintenance and cleaning
- A ton of laundry From January 2013 to May 2013 (5 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaVP of Public Relations @ I handle writing press releases and emails for the club. I maintain relationships with sponsors and partners, as well keep the members and other students in the know by handling the mailing list. Co-coordinator for the first annual IdeaBox competition and coordinator for Seeds for Social Change. I have also presented in the Spring IdeaPitch competition. From April 2012 to March 2013 (1 year) Co-Founder @ I handle the non-technical responsibilities of the app, including writing copy, user acquisition, a very active social media campaign, concepting and executing Challenges, reaching out to brands and partners, as well as interactions with the media. From February 2012 to January 2013 (1 year) Columbus, Ohio AreaMarketing & PR Intern @ I handled grassroots marketing efforts as well as some social marketing, seeding conversations within forums, social sharing sites, and Twitter. I also did a lot of content creation for projects, such as press releases and pitch emails. I contributed to outreach efforts, reaching out to media contacts and secured several media placements. From May 2012 to August 2012 (4 months) Communications Intern - The Michael E. Mortiz College of Law @ I helped create content for all of Moritz's publications by interviewing students, faculty and staff. I also spoke to several keynote speakers. I interviewed nearly three dozen alumni for the Moritz Book Project and did some work maintaining the website. From October 2011 to June 2012 (9 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaVice President and Webmaster @ I run meetings for the club and create content for the satirical publication. I handle the email list, social media presence, and maintain the newspaper's website. From May 2011 to June 2012 (1 year 2 months) Reporter @ Sports reporter for the Ohio State University's student newspaper, The Lantern, covering football, men's soccer and wrestling teams. From January 2011 to December 2011 (1 year) Columbus, Ohio AreaReporter @ Paid intern at The Daily Standard newspaper. Large readership stretching across the Grand Lake area, including Auglaize and Mercer counties. From June 2011 to September 2011 (4 months)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), Marketing, Cum Laude @ The Ohio State University Jay Clouse is skilled in: Leadership, Personal Branding, Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Social Media, Writing, Business Development, Creative Thinking, Research, Public Relations, Marketing Strategy, Facebook, Event Planning