Senior Microsoft Consultant @ Randstad Technologies US
Systems and Software Developer @ Feeding America
Master's degree @
Information technology professional with extensive real-world experience in object-oriented web development and .NET technologies. Self-starter who is a hard worker with passion for learning and applying new technologies. Interested in current/cutting edge Microsoft frameworks like Windows 8 and mobile development. Responsible employee who gets great satisfactions for understanding and resolving complex business technical issues and needs. Team
Information technology professional with extensive real-world experience in object-oriented web development and .NET technologies. Self-starter who is a hard worker with passion for learning and applying new technologies. Interested in current/cutting edge Microsoft frameworks like Windows 8 and mobile development. Responsible employee who gets great satisfactions for understanding and resolving complex business technical issues and needs. Team lead experience. Consulting experience with large and mid-size corporations. Fluent in the design and use of relational databases in software applications. Experienced in serving internal and external customers through all phases of full life-cycle development. Extensive experience in development and DevOps. Excellent communication and writing skills. Creative approach to problem solving. Work experience in developing websites and web services in health care, automotive, insurance, financial, consulting and non-profit industries. Team player with strong work ethic. Multiple technical certifications including .NET 4.5 Microsoft Certified Solution Developer certification and graduate level degrees in computer science and MBA with concentration in I.T. Management.
Special Interests: Windows 8 development, mobile development, Azure development
Systems and Software Developer @ • Part of technology department which supports web sites and develops applications to support 200+ member network of food banks across the country whose mission is to
help Americans who face food insecurity issues in the 4th largest non-profit organization in the United States.
Created support library with system documentation, videos, and knowledge base for future development efforts.
• Developed custom automation web application using C#, ASP.NET 4.5, SQL Server, JQuery, and third party libraries which allowed donations from multiple sources across the country to be automatically categorized with by service area and distributed to members.
• Supported Map the Meal Gap flash application which displays food insecurity data per state and county with .NET XML data feed application.
• Helped resolve tickets for member web sites hosted in content management systems Site Core and WordPress.
• Worked as operations support for custom application being rolled out to member food banks which tracked retail store food donations using MVC, SQL Server, and ADFS authentication.
• Worked on new technology initiatives including:
o Developing with and mentoring junior developer working on mobile phone application for food bank network utilizing Telerik Kendo AppBuilder, C#, WCF, Kendo UI components, and HTML views.
o Working on prototypes using open-source .NET ecommerce packages to create and implement shopping cart experiences where visitors could pick foods to donate money for on behalf of member food banks.
o Organized and presented lunch-and-learn sessions for fellow teammates on topics including WCF and REST web services, and mobile technologies. From December 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) ,NET Software Developer @ • Software developer at benefits management firm support multi-client benefit enrollment portals, handling customer issues and implementing new features. Worked on front end and back end enhancements. Lead lunch and learn sessions about new technical features.
• Worked on both development and support teams to support and maintain core ERP system written in .NET which allowed national company to process daily sales of salvage vehicles in branches all over the country.
• Analyzed and resolved numerous client issues in production using .NET code, SQL Server 2012.
• Did C# development for custom activities in TFS automated build process for custom programming of TFS WWF build workflow.
• Worked with deployment department to successfully deploy and document builds to all environments.
• Did research on new packages and prototype work for enhancements to core application including new reporting module and enhancement for payment processing.
• Traveled for the company to branches to help with processing large volume of salvaged cars after Hurricane Sandy.
• Made presentations about test driven development and MVC to the team members. From March 2011 to July 2013 (2 years 5 months) .NET Developer @ • As lead developer, utilized MVC Microsoft framework for developing custom tracking system for trucking/shipping from the ground up, including web interface, authentication scheme, and database design with DBA for multi-national corporation.
• Was primary developer integrating core product with sister companies and partner software vendors using .NET web services and Silverlight for fleet vehicle mapping.
• Wrote .NET web service to accept, decode and store information from messages sent from fleet vehicles over wireless network.
. From September 2010 to March 2011 (7 months) Application Developer IV @ • Worked for leading disease management company as one of the principle software engineers on customer-facing portal accessed by major clients including insurance companies and corporations.
• Developed web site enhancements and web services in VB.NET and C#, using .NET versions 1.1 through 3.5.
• Lead developer and mentor for team of off-shore consultants supporting external-facing web site.
• Worked as support person and liaison with business for answering questions about site, resolving technical issues with internal and external customers.
• Involved in full life-cycle management issues from defining requirements for new enhancements to UAT testing and production deployment.
• Supported multiple applications for company, including absence management system, application which awarded points to employees for good disease prevention practices, implementations of enterprise-wide health content for clinicians, and a content management system using Java with Eclipse/Alfresco/Liferay.
• A member of multiple employee activity and cultural/values committees and initiator of employee initiatives including programs promoting employee health and wellness, lunch-and-learn sessions focusing on new technologies and current trends in health care. Promoted from Application Developer to Application Developer IV, received three merit pay increases and reviews stating that my job performance exceeded expectations. From June 2005 to September 2010 (5 years 4 months) Consultant @ • Developer for large health insurance company on client-server claims processing application using VB.NET.
• Designed and developed Microsoft Office Word application using XML and VB.NET.
• for claims information knowledge repository From November 2004 to October 2005 (1 year) Developer @ • Designed and developed issue tracking system for company using VB.NET, SQL Server, ASP.NET.
• Supported existing applications, hardware and software for company.
• Maintained existing FTP software for new and existing customers.
• Did research on new products for company, and miscellaneous tasks as required. From January 2005 to May 2005 (5 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Ecommerce concentration @ DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business From 2001 to 2004 Master's degree, Computer Science @ Depaul University From 1996 to 2001 Jay Bankoff is skilled in: Java, CSS, HTML, Testing, Requirements Analysis, Windows, Troubleshooting, Quality Assurance, Technical Writing, Maintenance & Repair, Web Applications, Visual Studio, C# 2.0, Web Development, ASP.NET
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension