Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @
ESSEC Business School
Innovative and solutions-focused senior executive, with more than 15 years of leadership experience in fusing change and innovation within loyalty marketing, CRM, online distribution, lifestyle branding and business management. Possess hands-on experience in the world’s most dynamic market economies, such as United States, Japan, China, India, and other countries within the Asia Pacific. Demonstrate success in exceeding
Innovative and solutions-focused senior executive, with more than 15 years of leadership experience in fusing change and innovation within loyalty marketing, CRM, online distribution, lifestyle branding and business management. Possess hands-on experience in the world’s most dynamic market economies, such as United States, Japan, China, India, and other countries within the Asia Pacific. Demonstrate success in exceeding profitability goals, turning around underperforming units, and driving increase in revenues and market share. Exemplify excellent multi-cultural and multilingual skills to conduct international work; well-versed in English, French, Japanese, and Spanish languages, with beginner-level skills in Mandarin and Italian.
• Executive Leadership and Supervision
• Strategic Planning and Corporate Vision
• Global Market Acquisition and Expansion
• New Business Development
• Organizational Reengineering and Turnaround
• Process and Performance Improvement
• Profit Growth and Operations Management
• Product Development Lifecycle
• Branding & Localization
• Strategic Communications
Senior Vice President @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) SingaporeVice President @ From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) SingaporeSenior Director Asia Pacific @ Responsibile for Starwood’s strongest Marketing & Partnerships- platform for building customer relationships and capturing share of wallet across China, India, Japan, Korea, Australia accounting for 315 new & existing hotels (102K rooms) with total business of $4.5B USD. From October 2010 to December 2012 (2 years 3 months) Regional Director Japan, Korea & Guam @ Responsible for securing revenues attendance from all segments for 24 hotels (7794 rooms) accounting for a total business of $342MM USD. From March 2008 to November 2010 (2 years 9 months) Brand Director Le Méridien Marketing @ Responsible for re-engineering of Le Méridien marketing from traditional into leading-edge lifestyle brand for 120 hotels (40,000 rooms) accounting for total business of $1.7B USD. From May 2006 to March 2008 (1 year 11 months) Online Marketing & Distribution Director @ Responsible for centralized online marketing revenue for 15 hotels (5,000 rooms) and total business of $214MM USD. From November 2003 to June 2006 (2 years 8 months) Consumer Marketing Manager @ Responsible for global partnerships accounting for 15% of total global revenue. From April 2001 to October 2003 (2 years 7 months) Business Development Analyst @ Responsible for developing business plans for marketing initiatives across all brands globally. From July 2000 to March 2001 (9 months) Financial Analyst @ • Developed financial models to predict success with strategic partnerships in Europe.
• Conducted field research to determine the level of demand for corporate travel products and services From May 1999 to September 1999 (5 months) Hotel Operations @ • Underwent management training program with rooms division, food and beverage and sales and marketing.
• Spearheaded a special project to analyze benefits of standardizing menus as a way to reduce costs without jeopardizing market share from local customers. From May 1998 to September 1998 (5 months) Marketing @ • Provided marketing support in promotional development of summer campaigns. From June 1994 to August 1994 (3 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) @ ESSEC Business SchoolBachelor of Science (B.S.) @ Cornell University From 1997 to 2000 American School Foundation From 1980 to 1994 Javier Espin is skilled in: New Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Marketing Strategy, Business Development, Management, Integrated Marketing, Marketing, Online Marketing, Business Strategy, CRM, E-commerce, Business Planning, Email Marketing