Master of CI CIP®-II, Competitive Intelligence @
Fuld Gilad Herring: Academy of Competitive Intelligence
Jason is a director at Sinclair Digital Ventures. He brings 7 years of broadcast operations and corporate acquisition experience to his role. Sinclair Ventures was successfully established by Sinclair Broadcast Group after Jason and team worked with the CEO to build a division that could invest in the ever growing digital landscape while using linear TV as
Jason is a director at Sinclair Digital Ventures. He brings 7 years of broadcast operations and corporate acquisition experience to his role. Sinclair Ventures was successfully established by Sinclair Broadcast Group after Jason and team worked with the CEO to build a division that could invest in the ever growing digital landscape while using linear TV as a launching pad. Sinclair Digital Ventures is co-managed by Chief Operating Officer of Digital Rob Weisbord and Chief Financial Officer of Sinclair Broadcast Group Christopher Ripley.
In conjunction with his time at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Jason is an entrepreneur at his core. He has been co-investing with his brother, Alex Smith, in building several of Baltimore's most exclusive and fine dining restaurants over a 3 year span. He is also very established in his families large real-estate developments, namely Harbor East in Baltimore.
Jason holds a Bachelor in Business Administration with a specialization in finance from Loyola College (now Loyola University of Maryland).
Specialties Include: Venture Capital, Entrepreneurship, Mergers & Acquisitions, Digital Market Strategy, Digital Sub-Channels, Content Syndication, Content Distribution
Investor @ One of the many great strategic media partners and investors helping build the largest local news streaming platform in the US From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Greater New York City AreaAdvisory Board Member @ From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Greater Boston AreaInvestor @ Strategic Media Investor From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Greater Seattle AreaInvestor @ Strategic Investor in Chideo From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaAdvisory Board Member @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaInvestor @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Greater San Diego AreaDirector of Sinclair Digital Ventures @ - Corporate Venture Capital fund for Sinclair Broadcast Group the nations largest broadcast company
- Focused on digital acquisitions, co-investing, partnerships, and strategic Investments
- Goal is to use total company resources to help accelerate digital revenue growth From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Business Development - M&A @ - $3.2b in Mergers and Acquisitions - Strictly core station acquisition
- Content Development (American Sports Network, Ring of Honor)
- Content Acquisition From May 2008 to March 2014 (5 years 11 months) Baltimore, Maryland AreaBusiness Analyst @ - Keyser is a private equity group inside of Sinclair Broadcast Group. This was the first division established inside of Sinclair as a way to generate long term cash flow outside of core business.
- Investments include commercial land, developmental land, mature cash flow companies etc. From May 2008 to December 2008 (8 months)
Bachelors of Business Administration, Finance and Financial Management Services @ Loyola University Maryland From 2004 to 2008 Master of CI CIP®-II, Competitive Intelligence @ Fuld Gilad Herring: Academy of Competitive Intelligence From 2012 to 2013 Jason Smith is skilled in: Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, Competitive Analysis, Financial Modeling, Digital Media, Analytics, Market Research, Investments, Content Development, Marketing Strategy, Market Analysis, Digital Strategy, Digital Marketing, Media Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension