Certificate, Strategy and Entrepreneurialism Program @
University of Toronto - Rotman School of Management
As an HR leader, I work closely with client groups to achieve shared organizational objectives. This is accomplished by designing and implementing HR systems and processes that support strategic business aims such as Succession Planning, Performance Management and Compensation Practices. I have experienced working with multi-national organizations in the US and Canada in a variety of industries
As an HR leader, I work closely with client groups to achieve shared organizational objectives. This is accomplished by designing and implementing HR systems and processes that support strategic business aims such as Succession Planning, Performance Management and Compensation Practices. I have experienced working with multi-national organizations in the US and Canada in a variety of industries from Retail, Automotive, Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics and Automotive.
I obtained my BA in HR Management from Griffith University in Queensland, Australia, CHRL certified as of 2011.
Manager, HR Business Consulting @ As the Manager of the HR Business Partner organization at Toyota Canada, my role focuses on:
- Managing a group of strategic HR Business Partners that support all areas of the business;
- Ensuring that the business groups make fact-based decisions regarding our talent;
- Driving discussions at the Leadership level that focus on all areas that impact our people;
- Developing internal communication strategies that will educate, inform and continue to engage the employees across the organization;
- Supporting the business to facilitate and roll-out talent management practices that will not only focus on today but into the future including: Succession Planning activities, Performance Management processes, Workforce Planning and Change Management initiatives.
- Ensuring that the organization is developing Recruitment strategies that necessary to attract and retain top talent. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Toronto, Canada AreaHR Business Partner & Internal Communications Specialist @ HR Business Partner supporting the national sales units across the Canadian marketplace supporting managers and employees located in five regional offices including the Canadian headquarters in Toronto. Some functional units include Product and Pricing Development, Dealer Development and Field Sales Operations for all Toyota product lines including Scion and Lexus. I am also responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of all internal communication plans and including branding, internal messaging with a focus on establishing and streamlining processes across the organization. From October 2013 to March 2014 (6 months) Toronto, Canada AreaHR Business Partner @ HR Business Partner for LG Electronics' Canadian operations, supporting the Service Operations, CFO Administration and Supply Chain Management organizations with:
- Leading and supporting managers through change initiatives either local or from Global headquarters;
- Leading mgmt through the employee life cycle: recruitment & selection, reward/recognition, succession activities, performance discussions/exercises and more.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives across Canada that drive overall business and people performance to new heights From June 2013 to September 2013 (4 months) Toronto, Canada AreaHR Manager @ -HR Business Partner for the Radio Access Network Engineering organization across North America supporting a group of over 1,200 employees in both Canada and the US;
-Worked within a network of over 8 different HR Specialists situated at all major US/Canadian hub locations to support with all employee related matters;
-Supported the VP, RAN and 15 Directors across the business through a variety of HR related strategic focuses including:
-Quarterly calibration sessions (reviewing talent capabilities at all levels with the Executive team)
-Reviewing annual employee survey feedback and coming up with strategies to increase engagement of employees over a variety of different measures such as increased communication, diversity awareness, job sharing activities open forum discussions with management and employees alike
- This role was based out of Dallas, Texas From May 2012 to April 2013 (1 year) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSr. HR Representative @ -Sr. HR Representative supporting the East Region of the United States overall operations
-Established an HR presence at the Atlanta hub location by ensuring visibility of HR function to employees and Management team members alike;
-Supported functions across the business including- Sales, Project Management, Construction Management, Delivery groups and more;
-Represented another office location consisting of call centre staff and other support roles with over 400 employees.
- This role was based out of Atlanta, Georgia From October 2011 to May 2012 (8 months) Greater Atlanta AreaHR Generalist @ From August 2008 to September 2011 (3 years 2 months) Human Resources Coordinator @ Founded in 1922, Canadian Tire Corporation is a growing network of interrelated businesses with more than 1,100 general merchandise and apparel retail stores and gas stations in addition to a major financial services provider and a federally chartered bank.
With a top-60 listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company has market capitalization of over $3.6 billion, near-universal brand awareness and is one of Canada’s most respected companies. From February 2004 to September 2006 (2 years 8 months) Human Resources Assistant (Internship) @ ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 120,000 people. From March 2005 to September 2005 (7 months)
BBA, Human Resources Management @ Griffith University From 2007 to 2008 Advanced Diploma, Human Resources @ Sheridan College From 2003 to 2006 Jason CHRL is skilled in: Talent Management, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Succession Planning, Conflict Resolution, Management, Workforce Planning, Deferred Compensation, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Change Management, Vendor Management, HR Policies, HRIS, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension