Technical Support Technician @ Information Technology Response Center
Software Engineer @ Cisco
Editorial Intern @ Escapist Magazine
~*WILLING TO RELOCATE*~
I'm a software developer based in Raleigh who likes to focus on the back-end, but at the same time can appreciate a simple user experience. I'm also fortunate enough to have full-stack web developer experience, and I think it's kind of fun. Been switching back from Rails to the MEAN stack. Currently settled in
~*WILLING TO RELOCATE*~
I'm a software developer based in Raleigh who likes to focus on the back-end, but at the same time can appreciate a simple user experience. I'm also fortunate enough to have full-stack web developer experience, and I think it's kind of fun. Been switching back from Rails to the MEAN stack. Currently settled in the MEAN stack. Am willing to relocate for a position utilizing either of these.
On top of this, I'm an advocate of diversity in tech as well as creative expression through tech.
I'm constantly learning new technologies as I run into them, and I have a knack at teaching others some of what I know. Kids, especially.
I dabble in writing fiction a lot and can appreciate a good bar/tavern.
Junior Tools Developer @ +Currently working on an inventory and asset tracking application for the engineers at Cisco, which will be deployed internationally upon completion.
+The application is an upgrade to a former piece of software that's severely outdated. At the moment, hundreds of engineers in the RTP area use our application internally with great success.
+Training new developers to onboard them onto current projects as well as teaching them new skills to become better programmers. From April 2015 to Present (7 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaSoftware Developer @ + Developed a Credit History application within the teller software, which allowed 800,000 clients statewide to receive their Credit History for free, allowing SECU to be nationally recognized by President Obama for its utility to citizens.
+ Wrote SQL reports that query live business transactions and teller activities within the software as deliverables to the Board of Directors and hundreds of branch managers across the state, increasing teller performance within the institution by 15%.
+ Resolved and discovered defects found in the teller software. From April 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 1 month) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaSoftware Engineering Co-Op Intern @ Full-Time co-op. Working with the Quality Enigneering team generating and executing tests and reporting bugs via Jira on every code drop for newly developed corporate software. Used Loadrunner to execute load tests on the RSA Archer platform. Also, assisted with automation scripting as well as used VMWare Fusion to create and maintain virtual machines in a Windows and OSX environment. This stuff was pretty neat and I'd like to work with load testing more simply to learn more about it. It was not a fun stint, but it broadened my horizons and that's never a bad thing, right? From June 2013 to December 2013 (7 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaTechnical Support Technician @ * Provide in-person tech support in a high-volume response center over the phone
* Author issues and tech support logs and documentation in the BMC Remedy ticket tracking system to communicate solutions to other personnel.
* Research and provide solutions to client issues in real time or troubleshoot issues to determine where to route tickets for effective service.
* You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy outside of working in any kind of Tech Support. From August 2012 to May 2013 (10 months) Chapel Hill, North CarolinaStudent Assistant @ - Provide in-person tech support in a high-volume response center.
- Author issues and tech support logs and documentation in the BMC Remedy ticket tracking system to communicate solutions to other personnel.
- Research and provide solutions to client issues in real time or troubleshoot issues to determine where to route computers for hardware resolutions.
- Balance school and work schedule while maintaining 15 hours/week. From September 2011 to July 2012 (11 months) Media Lab Assistant @ - Educate students and faculty how to use media-editing software, such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Logic Pro, etc.
- Assist patrons to create multimedia projects and troubleshoot software errors.
- Schedule patrons' times using a library database.
- Provide maintenance for the lab’s iMacs and other media hardware. From June 2009 to July 2012 (3 years 2 months) Undergraduate Library - UNCEditorial Intern @ -Maintain Themis Media's worldwide famous site, The Escapist, by updating the tag database in the IP Multimedia System.
-Collect and upload new content to the site as needed. From May 2012 to June 2012 (2 months) Assistant Station Engineer of STV (Student Television) @ Manage the back end of the production of the shows aired on the University's TV channel. From March 2011 to May 2011 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension