Permanent Development Consultant @ Reed Technology are the IT Specialist division within the RPS group. We work with many high end clients along with SME's delivering Permanent and Contract IT resource. Reed Specialist Recruitment
Permanent Development Consultant @ Reed Technology are the IT Specialist division within the RPS group. We work with many high end clients along with SME's delivering Permanent and Contract IT resource. Reed Specialist Recruitment Group has been established as a market leader since the early 1960’s with a market presence in most industries and a turnover of in excess of £500 million.
Specialising within the Software Development practice at Reed Technology where I am responsible for permanent vacancies in London, the South East & the South West. From April 2015 to Present (7 months) Guildford, United KingdomOffice Administrator / Sales Manager / Operations Manager @ My role includes a mix of Office Admin & Management, Facilities Management, Financial accountancy and reconciliation duties and a few Operational tasks here and there.
Was also the Brighton branch's Sales Manager for a period of 3 months, responsible for a team of 9 sales advisors, as well as being the Operations Manager responsible for an entire warehouse team for 3 months comprising of 32 members of staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Total finance control of the branch.
• Monitor unpaid invoices against the cash analysis daily report and chase using modern debt recovery methods.
• Reconciles all till receipts to invoices raised by using spreadsheet analysis. Take into account refunds and credit notes to be given. (Banking)
• Total the daily activity report sheets then compare to the final total on the retail till receipts and the cash analysis report. Identify reason for any discrepancies and resolve differences.
• Reconcile drivers’ daily delivery sheets one day in arrears. This process involves checking deliveries made and accuracy/completeness of payments against office copies of invoices. Subsequently file daily delivery sheets in sequence order.
• Total stationery control over the branch including budgets, ordering and stock control.
• Monitor and control the sales ledger so the account customers do not exceed their credit terms and chase any outstanding debts owed to ECP.
• Singlehandedly managed to reduce average outstanding amounts over 2 days (as a percentage against branch sales target per day) from circa 70-80% down to 0.86% in 3 months flat bringing the Branch to the 2nd greatest out the entire UK (195 branches), and the Number 1 branch in the whole south region!
• Tightened audit procedures
• Quickly built up strong relationships with key account customers and improved scheduled payment dates from 10 days down to a rough average of 2-4 days from overdue date.
• Training other Administrators in local branches. From August 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 8 months) Guildford, EnglandConsultant - Development & Digital Technology @ Greythorn is a boutique IT recruitment consultancy, dedicated to providing an expert and personable service to IT professionals. Established in 1976, its delivers a high quality service for small to medium sized businesses that require skilled IT professionals for permanent or contract roles.
Since our inception, we have grown globally to provide expertise not only in the UK, but in America, Australia, Asia, and Ireland.
Being a niche recruitment provider, our consultants are specialists in their market resulting in a level of service and knowledge not seen by generalist consultancies.
Greythorn operates under five niche Practices:
- Development & Digital Technology
- Project & Senior Management
Greythorn is part of the global multi-brand recruitment family, FiveTen Group, which is the number one world’s fastest-growing specialist recruitment consultancy! From May 2012 to March 2013 (11 months) London, United KingdomResourcer @ Contacting candidates and talking to them about a new position that has been made available to me. As well as resourcing new roles that were available to me, I maintained a steadily growing network of candidates, in which aided my search for more quality candidates of that particular skill set. These typical roles in which I recruit for are:
IT Support (1st, 2nd, 3rd Line as well as Managers - £18k - £50k)
Project Managers (£30k - £55k)
Business Analysts (£40k - £65k)
Technical Architects (£60k - £145k)
Developers (£30k - £90k)
Test Analysts (£25k - £45k) From January 2012 to May 2012 (5 months) Burgess Hill, West SussexResourcer @ I gained a vast amount of experience from working with Extol IT. Here are my day to day responsibilities:
- Utilising all resource tools available to me (such as Business/Social networks, Job boards, headhunting skills, and the in house CV Database) to search for quality candidates.
- Screening job descriptions with the sales team and going through in details what the position available is looking for. This includes the main key skills, the company information, and salary requirements.
- When a strong candidate has been identified, drilling down on the details. This includes if the keyskills they have are relevant for the role I'm recruiting for, if they are on the right salary, and what they are expecting for their next role, when they will be available to start interview procedures as well as start at the work place, and the commute involved to the new company.
- Finally, once all details have been confirmed with the candidate and they have read and are happy with the job spec, then prepping the CV along with a great Pre-amble and sending the candidate's details over to the sales team, to finally go across to the client. From August 2011 to January 2012 (6 months) Haywards Heath, West SussexSenior Bartender @ From April 2011 to August 2011 (5 months) Cuckfield, West SussexIT Technician @ • Replacing LCD/LED screens on laptops.
• Fault finding when a customer has a problem with their computer
• Contact with customers and booking their computer in with a Microsoft Access Database
• Cashing up at end of day.
• Running end of day programs and calculating profit for that day.
• Contacting customers via telephone and authorising work to be done on their computer.
• Virus neutrilisation and removal.
• Reinstalling Windows XP, Vista & 7.
• Locating the correct drivers for new installations.
• Installing hardware into custom build desktop computers.
• Selling products including accessories and laptops/desktops to customers. This includes trying to help the customer in what they are looking for within their budget and their needs.
• Dealing with customer inquiries and questions about computers.
• Upgrading RAM, fitting new Hard drives, keyboards, into laptops/desktops. From December 2010 to February 2011 (3 months) Haywards Heath, West SussexTrainee System Test Engineer @ • Replacing hardware inside devices, such as Gates, POMs and Back office machines.
• Commissioning devices to run on different stations.
• Fault finding to try and solve a problem related to either hardware or a connection problem between a device and the Station Computer.
• To provide the System Test team support with devices when needed.
• Heavily prioritising tasks.
• Setting up & initialising devices and stations for other work colleagues to test on.
• Keeping a record of all devices in the station area and monitoring what is connected up and who is using each device, including line testing to follow up any faults.
• Micro-managing one other employee and helping him prioritize his tasks.
• Basic testing procedures such as regression testing on the device to see if any faults happen once setting it up. From April 2010 to October 2010 (7 months) Redhill, United KingdomIT Support Specialist @ • Receiving telephone calls from customers about their computers malfunctioning and working with the customer to find a solution.
• Repairing desktop computers and laptops by removing hardware and checking for viruses.
• Replacing laptop screens.
• Installing hardware & software.
• Remotely connecting through for instant help.
• Commuting to customers via car and helping with the problem.
• Backing up and restoring data on customers systems.
• Setting up and installing windows operating system with software to the customer’s specification
• Setting up wireless routers to the customer’s specification.
• Basic web development for customer websites via Dreamweaver. From September 2009 to April 2010 (8 months) Horsham, West Sussex
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension