Director of Technology and Innovation at FORA @ Fora
Head of IT @ Firmdale Hotels London and New York
IT Manager @ Corinthia Hotel London and Residences
Bsc (Hons) Computer Networking with Business Management @
University of East London
A highly motivated, driven individual who thrives under pressure and in the face of new challenges. These past ten years within the IT industry gave me invaluable knowledge and experience from junior roles to present-day management. Accelerated development and success within organisations have served to be a result of my initiative, total enthusiasm, commitment and dedication. My
A highly motivated, driven individual who thrives under pressure and in the face of new challenges. These past ten years within the IT industry gave me invaluable knowledge and experience from junior roles to present-day management. Accelerated development and success within organisations have served to be a result of my initiative, total enthusiasm, commitment and dedication. My experience to date clearly demonstrates my leadership skills, including managing, developing and motivating technical teams to over-achieve and meet tight deadlines.
Specialties: Network Infrastructure and server architecture, ITIL Service Management, Wi-Fi, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Security, Budgets and Forecasts, Management, Project Management, Business Strategy, Web and Big Data Analytics, Marketing Strategy, Digital Strategy
Head of IT @ As the Head of IT of Firmdale Hotels Plc my role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department. My main responsibility is to ensure that the IT operations of all 9 Hotels, (8 based in London and 1 in New York) are in alignment with the business objectives of the organisation.
Planning, coordinating, directing, and designing IT-related activities of the organisation, as well as provide administrative direction for daily IT operational duties
Work closely with the IT Director and decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation
Strategy & Planning
• Meeting the Group's operational requirements, including fostering innovation, project management and negotiating the allocation of resources
Acquisition & Deployment
• Benchmark, analyse and recommend improvements of the overall growth of the IT infrastructure
• Administer financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, development of all IT systems
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk, system/user training, and technical support services
• Manage the Implementation of PCI DSS requirements within the business at Level 3
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures in line ISO 27001:2014
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
• Direct research and development
• Management of Social media platforms, providing direction on the groups digital strategy.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development and performance
Ham Yard Hotel
Charlotte Street Hotel
Covent Garden Hotel
Number Sixteen Hotel
Dorset Square Hotel
New York Properties
The Withby (2016) From May 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) IT Manager @ • Involved in the pre - opening of a 294 Bedroom 5 Star Deluxe Hotel and Residences
• IT Project lead person throughout the pre opening phase.
• Responsible for setting up the physical and logical aspects of the network infrastructure and servers.
• Manage and coordinate the IT department
• Manage all cloud services and communication between our Data centre located in Frankfurt
• Negotiate and set up contracts and service level agreements
• Manage and administer all in house and 3rd party servers
• Head the research, development and implementation of new hotel technologies.
• Report to the Finance Director and MIS Director of the group. From October 2010 to April 2014 (3 years 7 months) IT/IS Systems Manager @ • Employed to start up the company and build the IT Infrastructure for LB Gaming offices in Malta.
• Key official and technical representation for our office in France within the Datacentre.
• Responsible for ordering all servers, user hardware and corporate company software.
• Managed suppliers and cabling contractors to get the office operational within the set project deadlines.
• Responsible for setting up all IT Infrastructure for the call centre in Milan.
• Primary Technical Lead Contact with the Lucien Barriere (France) and our Datacentre (MIDI) Malta.
• Reported directly to the companies Network Infrastructure Manager and COO.
• Responsible for yearly IT budget. From December 2008 to August 2010 (1 year 9 months) Director @ Managing our clients and sub contracting personnel on large IT and WIFI Infrastructural projects. Hospitality Technical Consultant From 2005 to 2010 (5 years) IT Systems @ Responsibilities:
• Managed the IT department and operations for the Corinthia Beach Resort 500 Bedroom 5 Star Hotel in Malta
• Conducted Opera upgrade between V4 and V5
• Team leader of the hotel IT support staff
• IT Project lead person during the Beach Resort refurbishment
• Managing suppliers and 3rd party software vendors.
• I report directly to the Finance Director and MIS Director
• Administer all in house and 3rd party servers
• Training for hotel staff.
• 24hrs on call
I am proficient in the following hotel systems:
• Opera PMS V4, V5
• Micros 9700
• SUN Systems
• Otrum TV System
• Alcatel Lucent PABX
• Tiger Hotel Systems
• Materials Control
• Mikrotik WIFI System
• Mail Daemon From July 2006 to November 2008 (2 years 5 months) Part- Time Lecturer @ Teaching ECDL, advanced ECDL and Basic HTML to students aging from 12 - 18 years Old From June 2006 to December 2007 (1 year 7 months) MaltaIT System Administrator @ Managed the IT Operations for the Investment Company. My main responsibilities involved maintaining the Malta branch network infrastructure, manage the IT team and head the technical development of the firms financial systems. From December 2004 to June 2006 (1 year 7 months) Network Administrator @ Supported clients and internal staff in troubleshooting Networking Issues From January 2004 to June 2004 (6 months) IT Assistant System Administrator @ Summer Job From June 2003 to September 2003 (4 months)
Bsc (Hons) Computer Networking with Business Management, Computer Networking and Business Management, First Class: 1 @ University of East London From 2011 to 2015 Professional Ceritification (AH&LA), Hospitality Administration/Management @ American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute From 2012 to 2012 ISEB, ITIL Service/Operations Management @ STC Training Malta From 2009 to 2009 CCNA, CISCO Certified Network Associate @ STC Training Centre From 2008 to 2008 MCSE, Microsoft Certified System Engineer @ MCAST College From 2003 to 2005 Primary and Secondary Education, High School Certificate of Competence Program @ St.Edwards College From 1989 to 2000 James Scerri is skilled in: Hotels, Pre-opening, Micros, Property Management Systems, Cisco Technologies, Networking, Hospitality, Project Management, Hospitality Industry, Hospitality Management, Management, Servers, Front Office, ITIL, Data Center