A skilled and diligent director of software engineering & testing with fifteen years’ experience working in dynamic and entrepreneurial environments, delivering a diverse range of consumer technology products across web, mobile and embedded systems. Extensive knowledge of scaled agile software development, test methodologies, and a passion for QA, employed to deliver intelligent engineering & test strategies
A skilled and diligent director of software engineering & testing with fifteen years’ experience working in dynamic and entrepreneurial environments, delivering a diverse range of consumer technology products across web, mobile and embedded systems. Extensive knowledge of scaled agile software development, test methodologies, and a passion for QA, employed to deliver intelligent engineering & test strategies for award-winning products and services.
• Agile & Quality Advocate; belief in agile, certified Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SAFe); implementing Team-, Program- and Portfolio-Levels; providing fast feedback through test automation and continuous integration.
• Engineering & Test Management; multi-functional team structures, geographically and culturally diverse (including remote teams), working on concurrent projects across a wide range of technologies.
• People Management; confident and relaxed management style, defining and driving “STAR” objectives, focusing on employee growth and development through conscientious mentoring and coaching.
• Embedded Systems; integration of application and platform software, content and services, cloud services; software development and global E2E delivery of portable navigation device software.
• Mobile Software Products; across the full spectrum of testing involved in launching new mobile products, from end-to-end, including functional and non-functional testing, unit-, integration- and system-level testing, test automation, beta, regression and UAT/acceptance testing.
• Backend Systems; multi-system test projects with staged environment setups, covering retail back-office; buying and merchandising, e-commerce, data warehousing, and warehouse management.
• Test Tools; Robotium, Ranorex, Espresso, Calabash, Cucumber, HP Quality Centre, WinRunner, LoadRunner, QTP, JUnit, JMeter, Nagios, Selenium, Empirix, open-source tools and frameworks.
Director Software Engineering @ From May 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsDirector Test Engineering @ From October 2012 to April 2014 (1 year 7 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsSenior Manager Testing @ From April 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 7 months) Test Manager, B&M @ From December 2009 to March 2011 (1 year 4 months) Principle Consultant @ From July 2009 to November 2009 (5 months) Quality Assurance Manager @ From April 2009 to June 2009 (3 months) QA Architect @ From September 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 5 months) Engineering Manager @ From March 2007 to August 2007 (6 months) Consulting QA Lead @ From January 2006 to February 2007 (1 year 2 months) Test Manager @ From September 2005 to December 2005 (4 months) Test Lead @ From February 2002 to August 2005 (3 years 7 months) QA Analyst @ From August 2000 to January 2002 (1 year 6 months)
Dutch @ UvA Talen, AmsterdamSOAS Language Centre, University of London From 2008 to 2010 University of Cambridge From 1998 to 2000 James Montgomery is skilled in: Selenium, Scrum, QTP, Perforce, Bugzilla, LoadRunner, Testing, Test Automation, Quality Center, JIRA, Performance Testing, Mobile Applications, Consumer Electronics, Mobile Data Services, Flash
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension