Senior Manager of Social Customer Engagement @ TOMS
Wells Fargo @
Analyst Intern @ SKBA Capital Management
Granada Hills High School
Social media marketing strategist and program manager, specializing in customer engagement, social analytics, risk management, and people management. Experienced in managing a Fortune 50's brand and voice in the social web. Process expert, adept relationship manager, and customer experience advocate. Keenly interested in leveraging technology to connect organizations and customers, and ultimately improve the lives of people
Social media marketing strategist and program manager, specializing in customer engagement, social analytics, risk management, and people management. Experienced in managing a Fortune 50's brand and voice in the social web. Process expert, adept relationship manager, and customer experience advocate. Keenly interested in leveraging technology to connect organizations and customers, and ultimately improve the lives of people through business. Creatively driven, highly adaptable and resourceful, savvy communicator, consensus builder with a strong work ethic and eye for content that resonates with customers.
Skills: Salesforce, Oracle CSC, Magento, Google Analytics, Sprinklr, Piqora, Radian6, Bit.ly
Senior Manager of Social Customer Engagement @ - Lead social customer engagement, community management, and listening through major networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Snapchat. Built engagement program by developing operating model, process, tools, staffing. Manage 1-3 direct reports as well as oversight over 1.5 agency resources.
- Manage community-focused content and campaigns to grow engagement and community size. Success: Led engagement effort for #withoutshoes 2015 campaign which led to trending on Facebook, featured display on Google Plus, nationwide Clear Channel displays of curated user content, 1.3 million engagement actions, 340k Instagram photos, and community size growth of 126k within 2.5 weeks. More info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/21/toms-shoes-without-shoes-_n_7360312.html
Other successes: #tomsroastingco & #tomsfortarget campaigns trended on Twitter.
- Oversee analytics to ensure data driven approach. KPIs: traffic, revenue, engagement, community growth, sentiment. Helped grow community from 4 to 6 million followers over the course of 1 year and consistently kept positive sentiment above 90%. Grew engagement from 200k/month in 2013 to 1.1mm/month in 2014.
- Manage and optimize ad campaigns, generating revenue of $411k & traffic of 650k visits June 2015 YTD while maintaining positive ROAS.
- Champion CX as customer advocate, reporting feedback to partners and senior management. Created voice of the customer reports to collaborate with marketing, web dev, ecomm, customer service, sales, and product teams.
- Led RFP for social relationship platform by documenting business requirements and vetting out several vendors. Led global implementation of the social tool (Sprinklr), including process development, documentation, training, and admin. Tool saved 34 hours/week with optimal workflows and functionality. Currently leading project to integrate Sprinklr with Salesforce.
- Manage $1.9m social budget, invoice tracking, and vendor relationships From December 2013 to Present (1 year 11 months) Los AngelesAssistant Vice President, Social Customer Care Manager @ - Managed Wells Fargo's social media engagement and customer care on Twitter (@Ask_WellsFargo + @WellsFargo = 70k followers), Facebook (560k fans), the Wells Fargo Online Community, email, and blogs.
- Helped grow interactions from 200/month to 3000/month, driving an increase in positive sentiment of 20-30% and positive word of mouth to 6+ million users. Helped grow Twitter followers from 4k to 19k, and Facebook fans from 50k to 560k.
- Wrote the 150+ page playbook for social customer care at Wells Fargo.
- Spearheaded team build-out: planning, recruiting, training, managing of 15 community managers, including managing the relationship with a third party moderation vendor.
- Developed processes to ensure consistent and coordinated communications in social media across a complex organization in a highly regulated industry, with a focus on deepening customer relationships and managing reputational risk.
- Drove marketing initiatives to increase engagement with customers and prospects through content distribution and experimentation. (e.g. #WFCtips)
- Analyzed program metrics and effectiveness via regular reporting to senior management and the enterprise.
- Managed social web incident monitoring and management (e.g. PR related issues, DOS attacks, technical issues, trending topics impacting social media channels) to limit risk for the brand.
- Managed relationships with diverse financial product groups to identify social media opportunities and create engagement strategies and processes.
- Developed and documented social media support guidelines and best practices.
- Chief auditor for the Social Web Team, developing and executing guidelines and processes to limit risk and ensure compliance. From April 2010 to November 2013 (3 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaMarket Research Consultant @ - Analyst: Researched and analyzed trends in various financial topics such as marketing checking accounts online, social media in finances, Generation Y and financial services, etc., Synthesized research into presentation deliverables to enterprise product managers.
- Consultant: Supported business partners with research and provided recommendations and best practices on various topics to drive decision-making.
- Project Manager: Managed research projects for business partners and coordinated custom third party research, from scoping to execution. From September 2007 to April 2010 (2 years 8 months) San Francisco, CACorporate Finance Associate @ One of four individuals hired into highly competitive national rotational program sponsored by the CFO of Wells Fargo.
Corporate finance rotational program for recent college graduates with stints in various finance groups such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Development (Mergers & Acquisitions), International Group etc., Rotated under Enterprise Marketing and gained experience as a market research consultant. Participated in leadership training and activities, and mentored by the program's sponsor, CFO Howard Atkins. From August 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 1 month) San FranciscoAnalyst Intern @ Researched, analyzed, and presented initiating coverage reports on select companies in the beverage industry, providing analyses of the market and company, and recommending forecast target prices for companies of interest. From May 2005 to December 2005 (8 months) San Francisco, CAResearch Assistant @ Led and analyzed behavioral economics studies related to the effects of horror and comedic videos on economic decision making. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year)
BA, Economics @ University of California, Berkeley From 2002 to 2006 Granada Hills High School From 1998 to 2002 James Chong is skilled in: Social Media, Program Management, Risk Management, Strategic Communications, Community Outreach, Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications, Strategic Planning, Team Leadership, Competitive Analysis, Data Analysis, Team Motivator, Customer Relations, Customer Service, Customer Satisfaction, Social Media Outreach, Outreach Programs, Project Implementation, Business Process, Public Speaking, Twitter, Facebook, Community Management, Auditing, Analytics, Financial Services, Strategy, Business Strategy, Microsoft Excel, Market Research, Social Media Marketing, Salesforce.com, E-commerce, Business Development, Analysis, Management, Business Analysis, Team Management, Finance, Enterprise Software, Training, Public Relations, Fundraising, Blogging, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking, Corporate Finance, Coaching, Management Consulting, Building Relationships
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension