East Project Management Team Lead @ Hill-Rom Information Technology Services
University of Phoenix
Senior Healthcare IT Manager
Strong leader of enterprise-level healthcare IT efforts
Extensive experience implementing healthcare IT solutions, working with hospital and health plans to complete projects on time and within budget with high customer satisfaction. Programs and projects have included Medicare Advantage stand-ups, healthcare consulting services, software development, data integrations, enterprise transformation, and health care analytics, workflow,
Senior Healthcare IT Manager
Strong leader of enterprise-level healthcare IT efforts
Extensive experience implementing healthcare IT solutions, working with hospital and health plans to complete projects on time and within budget with high customer satisfaction. Programs and projects have included Medicare Advantage stand-ups, healthcare consulting services, software development, data integrations, enterprise transformation, and health care analytics, workflow, and medical systems installations. Adept at leading programs and projects from inception through deployment; keen ability to deliver technical solutions with a focus on business value and clinical needs, defining milestones and metrics and controlling scope, costs, and delivery timelines. Possess excellent communication skills, able to articulate complex technical information to hospital systems, health plans non-technical team members and executive stakeholders. A true leader with a history of success in healthcare.
Highlights of expertise:
• ADT / HL7
• Process Reengineering
• Vendor Management
• Population Health Management
• Leadership / Mentoring
• Relationship Management
• Conflict Management
• IDN Management
• Consensus Building
• Enterprise Solutions
• Team Building
Senior Program Manager @ Work with internal and external executive leadership to deliver population health management software and services to health plans and hospital networks.
Population Health Management Platform
• Led large cross-functional teams comprised of consultants, implementation trainers, data conversion consultants, client team members, and supporting SMEs
• Delivered best-in-class population health management platform to health plans and hospital network clients
• Worked with multiple data sources including claims data, CMS files, EMR data, pharmacy and lab feeds
• Moved providers from fee-for-service contracts to risk sharing/value based contracts by utilizing our health management platform to track contracted HEDIS and STAR measures
Health Plan Services
• Lead program manager for Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug health plan stand-ups.
• Led 20 work streams in the planning, building, and rollout of MAPD health plans for Blue Cross of Kansas City and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
• Oversaw the planning and execution of the following work stream activities:
o Application Filing
o Bid Submission
o Contracting the Provider Network
o Sales & Marketing
o Customer Service & Grievances
o Medical Management & Utilization Management
o Risk Adjustment
o STARs Management
o Pharmacy Benefit Management
o Compliance and Audit
o IT (including data, web sites, population health management platform)
o Member Letters and Materials
• Coordinated the creation of work stream project plans, created and maintained the master program level plan and dependencies
• Reported program metrics to executive team via dashboards and PowerPoint
• Worked with project leadership to establish program governance From February 2013 to Present (2 years 11 months) Austin, Texas AreaEast Project Management Team Lead @ Lead a team of project managers responsible for implementing enterprise healthcare IT solutions across the East Coast of the United States. A catalyst for change within the organization, taking the project management team to unprecedented heights of accountability, customer satisfaction and profitability.
• Received 2011 Sales MVP Award, rarely given to members of the implementation team
• Received Q2 2012 HITS Leadership Award for driving consistent, high service-delivery standards
• Implementation services ranked #1 among competitors in 2012 by MD Buyline, an independent third party survey company.
• Created project management work instruction and other tools for consistent service delivery, trained the services and sales teams on new tools to assist with acceptance
• Worked with implementation team to improve Net Promoter scores from -18% to +33%
• Led PM team to accurately forecast and exceed quarterly revenue recognition goals
• Managed unhappy customers back to satisfied happy customers From June 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 8 months) Senior Project Manager @ Managed complex clinical systems integrations for the newly acquired division’s largest and highest-visibility clients, including coordination of all clinical and technical resources, third-party vendors and hospital resources such as telecommunications, information services, biomedical engineering and site-wide clinical staffs. Trusted to handle the most challenging clients, often given “problem” accounts to turn around.
• Ranked top project manager in division 3 years in a row.
• Earned the annual Philips Healthcare MVP Award for excellence in service delivery in 2011.
• Received the quarterly Philips Healthcare Ruby Cut Above Award for excellence in service delivery in 2010 and 2011.
• Managed a rolling project load of 7–15 projects, worth a combined total of over $2 million.
• Ensured that projects were delivered on-time and within budget.
• Worked with sales team to identify and close additional business.
• Managed on-site research projects to evaluate new product features and integrations.
• Coordinated site-wide clinical services, including functional design sessions, user acceptance testing, application training, and go-live support.
• Performed on-site client-facing presentations to executive leadership, which included a technical site survey, a clinical site survey, and an organizational governance workshop.
• Integrated clinical systems at over 50 hospitals around the country, over 25 new construction sites. From May 2008 to June 2011 (3 years 2 months) Director of Enterprise Services @ Oversee mission-critical clinical system integration projects for key clients, including Boston Medical Center, Cedars-Sinai, William Beaumont, Memorial Sloan Kettering, and the University of Chicago. Recruit, train, and mentor high-level service delivery team made of senior PMs and clinical specialists to focus on enterprise market. Collaborated with sales team to improve project scope documentation and hand-off process.
• Selected to pursue new market for company, resulting in Phillips realizing value of enterprise market and subsequent purchase of Emergin by Phillips to leverage expertise.
• Successfully increased enterprise project conversions from less than 5% to 25%+.
• Developed and implemented enterprise project methodology based on PMI and best practices methodologies.
• Created client consulting services for client needs and enhance client software configuration selection.
• Devised user acceptance testing policies, procedures, and processes. From March 2007 to May 2008 (1 year 3 months) Director of Field Services @ Led technical team of PMs, field service engineers, and clinical trainers implementing Emergin clinical software at 1,100+ healthcare sites globally. Interacted with domestic and international partners such as Johnson Controls, Philips, and GE; documented shared procedures and policies. Instituted controlled processes, procedures, and policies in preparation for ISO and FDA compliance and enhancing corporate adaptability to change.
• Devised Project Life Cycle phased approach ensuring consistent methodologies and best practices.
• Established perf. metrics and benchmarking standards to show benefits of new processes and procedures.
• Raised project audit scores from 1.2 to 4.5 out of 5 within 3 months and decreased prod. issues following use of revised methodologies and standardizations.
• Increased project conversions from $2.4M in 2005 to $8M+ in 2006.
• Grew technical installation team from 8 members to 20+ while maintaining lowest dept. attrition rate. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) IT Project Manager @ Served as project manager on key projects and implementations; integrated projects across multiple applications and platforms, including mainframes, DB2, Oracle, Windows 2000 / XP, and Symbol scanning devices. Assessed business and operational needs, gathered requirements, allocated resources, established milestones, developed project teams, coordinated testing, and authored deployment and implementation plans. Wrote business cases, identified key metrics, budget requirements, and timelines and presented plans to executive project sponsors. Liaised cross-functionally to maximize IT ROI on merchandising, marketing, retail systems, store operations, pricing systems, and vendor relationships and contracts. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years)
MBA, Technology Management @ University of Phoenix From 2002 to 2006 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Computer Information Systems @ Florida Atlantic University From 1995 to 2001 James Bennett is skilled in: Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Contract Negotiation, Leadership, Enterprise Software, Relationship Management, Budgets, Consensus Building, Life-cycle Management, Healthcare Information Technology, Integration, Program Management, HL7, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Vendor Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension