Co-Founder and CEO @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Greater New York City AreaAdvisor @ From February 2015 to Present (9 months) Mentor @ From June 2010 to Present (5 years 5 months) Venture Partner @ From June 2014 to July 2014 (2 months) Advisor @ LivelyHoods is a non-profit building the world’s
Co-Founder and CEO @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Greater New York City AreaAdvisor @ From February 2015 to Present (9 months) Mentor @ From June 2010 to Present (5 years 5 months) Venture Partner @ From June 2014 to July 2014 (2 months) Advisor @ LivelyHoods is a non-profit building the world’s first youth-powered distribution network in slums.
Our door-to-door sales force and customer service centers make life-changing products like solar lamps and reusable sanitary pads accessible and affordable. We exclusively hire jobless youth with talent and creativity to grow this sales network in their communities.
We launched in Nairobi, Kenya with the goal of expanding throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. From October 2012 to May 2014 (1 year 8 months) KenyaPartner @ MESA+ is a $10 million seed/early stage venture fund investing in consumer internet, content, advertising/marketing, commerce, logistics and financial services companies.
Led investments in companies like QuizUp, Fitstar, BetterDoctor, Panjo, Grand St, Easypost, Keychain Logistics, and Triple Lift. From June 2012 to May 2014 (2 years) New YorkHead of Business and Community Development @ From February 2011 to June 2012 (1 year 5 months) Founder and Chairman @ Standard Start works to streamline the process by which ideas become businesses. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the entrepreneurial agenda through educating entrepreneurs and providing them the tools to succeed. From December 2009 to February 2011 (1 year 3 months) Contributing Writer @ - Writer covering the startup and venture captal space for VentureBeat.com From July 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 7 months) VP of Business Strategy and Development @ • Developing relationships with current and potential clients, managing interactions with the clients throughout the sales process.
• Compiling market research and analyzing market opportunities for both our clients and prorprietary projects.
• Managing strategic planning and product creation for proprietary projects in the online and mobile space. Projects have been focused on integrating local search, geo-location, and social networking services.
• Preparing written proposals, marketing copy, and business plans for clients and 3 Knights. From December 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 1 month) Paralegal @ • Coordinate both the professional and personal schedule of managing partner Neil Brody (no relation).
• Draft correspondences, motions, and pleadings.
• Perform document review. From October 2007 to June 2008 (9 months) Contract Paralegal - Special Litigation Unit @ • Primarily assigned to Staten Island Ferry litigation.
• Drafted correspondences to opposing counsel, the court and expert witnesses.
• Oversaw document management in WorkSite database as well as hard copies.
• Performed document review on medical and police reports, as well as other material pertinent to different cases. From July 2007 to October 2007 (4 months) Campaign Finance Consultant @ • Developed and executed finance plan for Mississippi Democratic House Victory Political Action Committee.
• Researched potential targets and facilitated fundraising pitch via telephone, email, and social networks.
• Maintain donor profile database for the proprietary use of Cunningham, Harris & Associates in future campaigns. From May 2007 to July 2007 (3 months) Development Intern @ • Merge multiple development lists into comprehensive database.
• Research and update benefactor information, creating a donor profile for high value targets. From February 2007 to May 2007 (4 months) Assistant Property Manager @ • Recognized, scheduled, and supervised necessary repairs and maintenance.
• Identified qualified prospective tenants under HPD restrictions, leasing available units in a timely manner.
• Maintained positive working relationship between management, tenants, building staff, the community, and elected officials.
• Researched, designed and implemented natural gas hedging scheme to stabilize heating fuel prices From August 2004 to February 2007 (2 years 7 months) Executive Assistant @ • Handled data entry, filing, and other administrative duties for CEO of Real Estate Management Company.
• Drafted official correspondences for CEO.
• Handled confidential information in discreet and trustworthy manner. From January 2003 to July 2004 (1 year 7 months)
BA @ City University of New York-Hunter College From 2004 to 2008 Oberlin College From 2001 to 2002 High School Diploma @ The Collegiate School From 1989 to 2001 Jacob Brody is skilled in: Venture Capital, Entrepreneurship, Business Development, Public Relations, Messaging, Social Media, Start-ups, Mergers, Networking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Mobile Devices, Digital Marketing, E-commerce
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension