Isabel Palmer has 16 years of experience as a senior test manager, specialising in design, implementation and management of organisational and development test strategies. She has covered projects that require structure and frameworks for functional testing, operational acceptance, compliance and regulatory testing requirements, non functional performance testing. She is proficient in the analysis of solutions for developing
Isabel Palmer has 16 years of experience as a senior test manager, specialising in design, implementation and management of organisational and development test strategies. She has covered projects that require structure and frameworks for functional testing, operational acceptance, compliance and regulatory testing requirements, non functional performance testing. She is proficient in the analysis of solutions for developing strategies for manual and automated testing frameworks.
• Development, Process and Management Background:
• Development and operational technologies and their applications (e.g. .net development Framework; UML, VB, PL/SQL, XML, 3 tier, Linux and Microsoft platforms);
• Application of software development methodology i.e. V Model; risk management and Configuration management; CMMI, TDD
• Testing of Financial card services, online and land based gaming, retail POS, web based technologies, E-commerce applications, Finance, CRM and HR apps, Oracle HR
• Application of testing strategies, techniques and methodologies: V Model, Agile (SCRUM), BS 7925 and IEEE standards; Rapid Application Development; incremental Testing; Risk based testing; ITIL
• Testing strategy and testing management for applications for Retail, E Commerce, Finance , HR, CRM, B2B, Oracle DB Upgrades; Bank Credit and Debit Payment Authorisation services; EDI and Biztalk;
• PCI compliance
• Data Migration testing, lift and shift integration testing to cloud environments;
• Project planning, Resource planning; Impact analysis and risk management;
• Management reporting;
• Use of Project management Tools: Microsoft project;
• HP/ Mercury Interactive Test tools usage, strategy and administration: Quality Centre(ALM), QTP (UFT), Loadrunner; IBM RQM;
• Compuware monitoring and test tools: QA Load, Apps Vantage
• Open Source Test Tools
• Microsoft Office Suites
• Visio and Case Tools, UML;
• ISEB Qualified for Software Testing;
• PRINCE II and SSADM.
Supervisor Delivery Test Manager | Senior Lead Test SME @ Responsible for a number of UK and offshore testing team staff of test managers and senior test analysts.Testing delivery of various assigned projects for CSC and AppLabs:
•Autoglass BELRON: defined overall testing strategy for manual, automated and regression of Belron systems migrating to the cloud environment, upgrad
e of multiple applications systems.
•Network Rail: defined test quality assurance and information testing requirements and ambiguities testing solutions for TAF/TAP ( telematic applications for freight and for passengers) technical specifications for interoperability (tsi).
•BHS (British Home Stores): carried out a review of testing initiatives and identified enhancement and improvement opportunities. The detailed recommendations and proposals (which include automation, virtualisation and metrics) were accepted for implementation and future planned improvements.
•Primark: developed an organisational testing strategy for Primark organisation. The strategy was approved and Isabel lead the end to end testing of new retail Cash Management, and Sales Audit for Primark UK and European stores.
•ATOM Bank: was engaged to design a testing strategy for mobile and banking agile development framework of mobile bank project, collaborating with offshore team.
•BAE (British Aerosystems Engineering) provide analysis and recommendations for automation and performance testing strategy efficiencies for regression testing of the changes/updates for configuration project for BAE.
•TFL Transport for London: developed and implement consolidated reporting facility for IT projects integrating IBM Rational solutions.
•CPA Global: programme test management covering multiple intellectual property projects and patent development releases for CPA global. Development of testing strategy and approach for new software, integrated utilities, as-is systems and rules engines to ensure that testing complies with EPO, WIPO,PCT regulatory patenting governance. From March 2011 to Present (4 years 10 months) London, United KingdomSenior Test Manager - Kingfisher Group Information Technologies Services @ - Overall Testing Management of Definition and Delivery System Testing Phase of Back end and Customer Front End Systems for the new Retail Multi Channel systems for B &Q;
- Management of up to 35 onsite and offshore testing and QA personnel
- Contact Liaison with Third Party Multi Channel Suppliers
- Liaison and Definition of Testing and Delivery/Deployment of System Testing between Kingfisher Group of Companies, for B&Q, Screwfix and B&Q Fulfillment Development Solution.
-Definition of Operational Acceptance Testing Requirements and Test Strategy / Approach
Strategy for Development of solution design ambiguity , Test Case Specifications of the definition phase;
- Forecasts, Planning and Management of Testing Budget for Waterfall and Agile System Testing and System Testing Integration, and Non Functional Testing. From March 2011 to April 2013 (2 years 2 months) Platform Quality Manager @ • Establish QA test department and testing model
• Development of internal automated testing strategy, testing procedures and design;
• Testing forecasts and planning
• Test management, co-ordination, implementation and delivery of UK and European Products From April 2010 to March 2011 (1 year) Snr Test Manager @ • Establish QA Test departments and testing resource work model for Gala Coral Group IT;
Management of the testing of Programme of projects for Gala Coral Group IT;
• Management of the Retail Testing Team and Ecommerce Gaming Test Team for the Gala Coral Group;
• Retail and E Commerce Gaming Testing Strategy, Automation and Maintenance Test Procedures and Design approaches;
• Testing Compliance to meet with UK Governance Commission and Alderney Governance Compliance Board ;
• Management, Co-ordination, Implementation and Delivery of internal and Third Party Group and Critical Delivery Testing Projects, for UK and International Product initiatives From December 2006 to April 2010 (3 years 5 months) Senior Test Manager @ • Install and Establish Test Team and Testing Framework for House of Fraser Information Systems
• Providing expertise to House of Fraser IT development and system managers in the development of testing plans to incorporate in the development process for successful and timely delivery
•Training and Planning of Testing Strategy, Scheduling, Test Procedures and Design approaches
• Supporting IT Development and System Managers for long term planning for
Regression Testing implementation and Automation and subsequent maintenance and support. From December 1999 to December 2006 (7 years 1 month)
Isabel Palmer is skilled in: Risk Based Testing, Integration Testing, Test Management, QTP, Quality Assurance, ISEB, System Testing, Test Strategy, Quality Center, Project Planning, Testing, Agile Testing, Regression Testing, Test Planning, Agile Methodologies
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension