Associate's degree @
Community College of Philadelphia
I am a very detailed orientated person and I am also excellent with both verbal and written communication skills. My expertise also include planning, organizing, gathering statistics, working well with a team, auditing, creating spreadsheets and charts to exam financial data, and knowledge of GAAP and IFRS. I am advanced with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups),
I am a very detailed orientated person and I am also excellent with both verbal and written communication skills. My expertise also include planning, organizing, gathering statistics, working well with a team, auditing, creating spreadsheets and charts to exam financial data, and knowledge of GAAP and IFRS. I am advanced with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups), Outlook, and PowerPoint and I am also learning how to work with Access. I have also worked on bank reconciliations, financial analysis reports, studying mergers and companies that acquire others, and analysis of statistics and financial data for companies. I'm also heavily involved in my accounting profession by going to accounting events with the PICPA and NABA organizations.
Accounting Specialist @ • Perform account reconciliations
• Process refunds, returned checks and bad debts.
• Process invoices and issue payments.
• Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions
• Input credit and debits to the accounting system in support of the payables work.
• Develop and maintain reports and files on the Accounts Payable processing.
• Ensure accurate balancing, collect data and prepare monthly metrics.
• Meeting and contacting clients to gather information for assignments and projects
• Auditing clients' records for discrepancies and monitoring monthly operating results.
• Compile and analyze financial information and documents, and research business transactions
• Perform statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates and significant changes, and write narrative reports explaining findings.
• Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
• Participate in the annual audit and collect, summarize, and interpret financial data
• Employ statistical software and create spreadsheets to study financial information
• Complete other duties assigned by management From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Seasonal Advisor @ • Promptly and efficiently Quality checking applicants documentation for residency
• Contacting applicants to revise a document if necessary and processing their information and application before deadline
• Data entry, Spreed sheets
• Quality Assurance and quality review From June 2014 to October 2014 (5 months) Customer Service and Sales @ Provided prompt, courteous, and accurate customer service
• Promptly answered telephone calls to reflect professional corporate image
• Provided a high level of customer service and client relations based on outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advised customers on the location, selection, price, and use of goods available from the company, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future.
• Maintained a Quota and met deadlines consistently and worked well under pressure
• Managed and organized a work station
• Manage work schedule and time spent on the phone with each customer
• Brainstormed and developed new strategies for receiving client information that increased the flow of calls, satisfied clients without jeopardizing the company, and increased sales.
• Plan, prioritize, and complete tasks without direct supervision From December 2011 to June 2014 (2 years 7 months) Job seeker @ From 2014 to 2014 (less than a year) Student Ambassador @ From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Part Time Clerk @ • Provided assistance to customers in obtaining merchandise.
• Organized merchandise and kept track of inventory.
• Completed forms pertaining to store operations and unloaded shipments from trucks.
• Handled currency to complete transactions with customers and to close out the register when the shift ended. From December 2011 to July 2012 (8 months) Guest Services/ Valet Cashier @ • Provided prompt, courteous, and accurate customer service
• Managed currency to complete transactions with Guest and for Book-keeping purposes, and completed accurate and detailed shift reports.
• Provided guest with directions, taxis, reservations, and other inquires.
• Collected and reconciled revenue and furnished receipts upon requests.
• Accurately and efficiently categorized tickets and receipts for audit purposes. From July 2011 to December 2011 (6 months) Student Life Center/Registration Office/ Marketing and Government Relations Office @ • Provided assistance with orientation and registration activities.
• Processed, scanned and quality reviewed transcripts.
• Handled currency for fundraisers.
• Prepared ticket sale transactions for book-keeping purposes.
• Scheduled, promoted, and marketed upcoming Government relation functions.
• Operated front desk for student services and events.
• Prepared posters and fliers for fundraisers and student events and data entry From December 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 1 month) Field operations clerk @ • Collected, controlled, reviewed, and processed housing and interview questionnaires for statistics.
• Assembled and quality reviewed questionnaires for packaging and shipping.
• Participated in managing a team with organizing, filing, and distributing questionnaires for completion.
• Data Entry From April 2010 to August 2010 (5 months) Cashier/ Scanning Department @ • Operated a computerized cash register
• Handled currency in transactions with customers and closing out register for book-keeper.
• Assisted customers with product selections and purchases.
• Provided customers with prompt and efficient services.
• Managed and distributed services to managers of each department.
• Provided sale tags and sale signs for each department. From January 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 9 months) Internship @ From February 2009 to June 2009 (5 months)
Bachelor's degree, Accounting @ Chestnut Hill College From 2012 to 2014 Associate's degree, Business @ Community College of Philadelphia From 2009 to 2011 Ireena Blackwell is skilled in: Microsoft Excel, Data Entry, Microsoft Office Quick books/beginner Knowledge of MAC and PC software, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Service, Organizational Development, Interpreting, Problem Solving, Problem Analysis, Strategic Planning, Business Strategy, Data Analysis, Salesforce.com, detail oriented, Spreadsheets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension