Advanced Management Course, International Management and Business @
GE Corporate University
Ilya Chizhevskiy worked his way up to Deputy CEO at a major international Hungarian bank headquartered in Budapest with extensive operations in Russia through an extraordinary level of dedication, a track record of successful turnarounds in Russia's retail banking sector, and peerless personal integrity. Today he reports directly to the CEO and works closely with the Board
Ilya Chizhevskiy worked his way up to Deputy CEO at a major international Hungarian bank headquartered in Budapest with extensive operations in Russia through an extraordinary level of dedication, a track record of successful turnarounds in Russia's retail banking sector, and peerless personal integrity. Today he reports directly to the CEO and works closely with the Board of Directors.
As part of his more than 13 years of banking experience, he has been privileged to work for Russian and international banks, as well as global brands that include GE Money Bank (a division of GE Capital), Citibank, Rusfinance Bank (part of Societe Generale Group), OTP Bank Russia, and Kraft. Additionally, Ilya was educated in Russia, receiving advanced training in international management, business and sales in the US, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Hungary.
With an international outlook and a background that has included banking stints in sales, strategy, business development, Unit Head operations, product development, pricing and customer service solutions, Ilya readily rises to challenges as diverse as those faced by large Russian state-owned banks, international financial institutions operating in Central and Eastern Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and those located in emerging markets.
Ilya is especially effective in banking and financial services settings defined by a collaborative, collegial culture and difficult strategic, execution and human capital challenges. He is performance-driven and able to inspire others to achieve their full potential, both professionally and personally.
Deputy CEO (Russian Banking Retail Network and Internet Banking Access, Customer Service) @ Direct and lead all operations related to Product Design, Value Proposition Development, and Pricing Strategy / Profitability, as well as overseeing Lending (cash loans and credit cards), Current Accounts, Savings (savings accounts and CD deposits), and Commission products (Insurance and standalone commissionable products) for an international bank operating in 9 markets including Russia.
At a glance, responsibilities include:
- 3,000+ employees (Retail Network + Contact Center)
- $80MM of net income
- $1.5 billion lending portfolio
- $2 billion+ retail savings
- 200+ branches
- 2 call center and customer service platforms
Additionally, scope includes:
▪ Adapting and leading the bank's retail strategy changes in response to market movements and regulatory changes.
▪ Overseeing overall portfolio of more than $1.5 billion in lending (cash loans and credit cards), $1.4 billion in savings (checking and savings accounts, CD deposits and small and medium enterprise balances) for high net worth, affluent and retail clients.
• Driving the growth of alternative sales channels, including Bank At Work ([email protected]), Direct Sales Agents (DSAs) in the community, Strategic Partners, and Internet. The goal is to diversify the customer base & achieve 25% market share for core lending products / services through these specific channels by end of 2014.
• Innovating and leading a bank-wide front-end universalization project to optimize efficiency, service quality and costs.
• Creating and overseeing the bank's small and medium enterprises strategy to leverage the SME segment as an essential aspect of its growth strategy.
• Heading up Call Centre and Customer Service operations, including complaint management, and supervising two operational platforms in Russia. Total full-time head count for this area is 800+ employees.
• Ensuring best-in-class customer service processes, providing 24/7 customer support through both contact center and alternative channels (email, chat and Skype) From June 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Moscow, Russian FederationDeputy CEO, Commercial Director @ At a time when this bank needed to be brought to the next level in terms of profitability, took charge of diverse product offerings including Auto, Point of Sale, Cash Loans and Insurance with total outstanding of $3bln, as well as Sales Network and Marketing functions.
• Turned around and led sales aspects of organization with overall headcount of more than 5,500 FTE and annual net income of $120mm+.
• Recovered margins despite of Cost of Funds (COF) increase by selective pricing action in parallel with OPEX cut program implementation.
• Overachieved sales volume targets by 15% for the first half of 2012.
• Reorganized the bank's Marketing and Insurance Teams with an aim to centralize activities and improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Managed introduction of new Insurance and Commission products, while changing sales targets approach and incentives, resulting in business-line income growth of over 60% for POS and of 10% for Auto loans.
• Launched distribution optimization program targeting unprofitable business locations of a total distribution network of 3,500+ for point of sale banking product purchases and reduced them by 27%.
• Developed a plan for E-commerce business introduction for the Bank and put together the implementation team.
• Together with the team, co-led negotiations with key partners' (Car Manufacturers, Retailers) and managed relationships with top executives of the bank's existing partners. From October 2011 to July 2012 (10 months) Moscow, Russian FederationSales Director @ Managed a Sales organization that extended over 10 Russian regions for this finance division of GE Capital with more than 1,200 full-time employees. Responsible for Volume, Distribution, E-channels, Cross-selling, Service to Sales, Network Controllership, and Corporate Deposits.
• As a member of the Bank’s Senior Management Team developed and implemented the company’s strategy, reporting directly to the CEO and regularly to the Board of Directors of GE Money Bank Russia.
• Helped steer the bank’s turnaround, re-establishing Sales operations in 1Q of 2010, delivering more than 15% productivity improvements, the best in the organization's history. As a result, this contributed to achieving 9% ROI in 2010.
• Supported strategic banking initiatives – implemented restructuring agenda including more than $1.6MM in OPEX savings in 2010 on the total $12MM Distribution and Commercial budget.
• Obtained 34% of alternative funding with 63% COF reduction by effectively managing the Corporate Deposits channel and establishing new sources through government-related and open-market organizations. From February 2010 to October 2011 (1 year 9 months) Moscow, Russian FederationDeposits Leader, Head of Business Unit, Russia @ Established Corporate and Retail deposits for the Bank as part of funding diversification.
• Defined Corporate and Retail deposits strategy on a DNA level; built the team using internal talent and provided coaching to develop market professionals.
• Launched Corporate Deposits in 2 months achieving 14% self-funding by the end of 2009.
• Developed the Retail Deposits value proposition in cooperation with Global banking and Treasury teams and launched this strategy across the network within 6 months after project signoff. From February 2009 to January 2010 (1 year) Moscow, Russian FederationCentral Europe and Russia (CEE) Strategy and Project Manager @ Implemented distribution optimization project across CEE region focused on both development and cost reductions.
• Reworked $100MM branch investments in Poland underscoring changes by proof generated by scientific analysis.
• Developed GE Money Latvia distribution optimization plan for 35%+ OPEX improvement.
• Delivered aspects of the corporate lender's Retail Savings strategies by collaborating closely with local product teams in Czech Republic and Poland.
• Developed Retail savings strategy for the Latvian business, resulting in over 40% of savings balances increase. From April 2008 to February 2009 (11 months) Sales and Distribution Leader, Moscow & Moscow Region @ Managed Direct-to-Customers channel and rebuilt Sales infrastructure in the region after DeltaBank acquisition by GE.
• Played a key role in spearheading new branch concept development and built 14 fully operational branches in Moscow within 13 months.
• Expanded distribution of POS in 4 times in Moscow, decreasing the average cost of implementation by 30%.
• Co-led SFE (Sales Force Efficiency) program and established Sales standards and benchmarks across Russia.
• Built GE Money's Sales Management Team with overall FTE growth from 40 to over 400 FTE in 2 years. From March 2006 to April 2008 (2 years 2 months) Moscow, Russian FederationPersonal Loan and Ready Credit Product Manager @ Developed a unique debit card proposition, increasing revenue per customer by over 20%
• Managed a P&L portfolio of $500m to accelerate net income, achieving 260% volume growth in 2005.
• Contributed to advertising campaign and innovative consumer promo for P&L
• Aligned cross-selling channels and centralized activities achieving over 300% PTR growth.
• Drove effective collaborative initiatives with Risk, Operations and Sales to accelerate growth. From August 2004 to February 2006 (1 year 7 months) Moscow, Russian FederationAlliances Sourcing Manager @ Built alternative Sales channels for the Bank’s various products and created highly efficient distribution mechanisms.
• Established the first co-brand partnership with one of the biggest retail chains.
• Built up the largest acquisition channel for debit cards through a high-traffic gas-station network.
• Managed channel development for St.Petersburg Retail Business launch; led the branch placement and ATM network development. From December 2003 to August 2004 (9 months) Moscow, Russian FederationKey Accounts Manager / Regional Sales Manager for Northwest Russia @ Built and formalized relationships with retail chains throughout the Russian Federation in marketing food and consumer package goods.
• Increased Regional volume by 36% by developing a new sales channel in 2002.
• Was subsequently promoted to Regional Sales Manager responsible for commercial agenda in the Northwest Region of Russia.
• Delivered price strategy across the region, including solving price instability issues, which increased controlled volumes by 22%. From April 2002 to December 2003 (1 year 9 months) Vice-President of Marketing for Saint Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance @ From November 1995 to June 1998 (2 years 8 months)
Advanced Commercial Management Seminar @ GE Corporate University From 2010 to 2010 Advanced Management Course, International Management and Business @ GE Corporate University From 2009 to 2009 Sales Experience Acceleration @ GE Corporate Training Program From 2007 to 2007 New Managers Development Course @ GE Corporate University From 2007 to 2007 Introduction to Finance @ GE Corporate University From 2007 to 2007 Talent Development Program @ GE Money EMEA From 2007 to 2007 Scoring Models for Professionals @ Citigroup Corporate Training Program From 2005 to 2005 Essential Sales Skills @ Experience Managers Centre From 2003 to 2003 Master's degree in Industrial Management, International Management @ St. Petersburg University of Precision Mechanics and Optics From 1995 to 2000 Ilya Chizhevskiy is skilled in: Negotiation, Recruiting, Sales, Banking, Marketing, Retail Banking, Risk Management, Business Strategy, Credit, Strategy, Talent Management, Credit Cards, Change Management, Sales Management, Financial Services
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension