Ruby on Rails Web Developer @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Ruby on Rails Programmer @ Working on their many web and mobile pages, Using
- Rails 4.1, Ruby 2.1.4
- Postgres Database.
- Rspec for testing.
- bootstrap framework.
- With allot of emphasis on Scraping with Nokogiri, capybara, selenium, poltergeist & typhoeus.
- Using Github
- AWS server & heroku
- Working with the project manager to define development requirements and priorities
- Assist in defining coding standards
- Design robust, salable and secure features.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices in TDD, Scrum, refactoring and coding standards.
- Creating technical and user documentation. From May 2014 to February 2015 (10 months) Ruby on Rails @ For several months I have deliberately stopped working to immerse myself in the universe of open source and learn Ruby on Rails. I have completed the rails tutorial by Michael Hartl, agile web development by Sam Ruby, and countless tutorials and books.
[email protected]/ password1 (sign-up as a new user or sign-in using my details) From November 2013 to May 2014 (7 months) Senior Analyst Programmer @ - Keep the in-house application functioning; containing sybase, uniface, sqr and related software.
- Developer/Admininistrator in uniface, sqr, sybase sql, power builder.
- Liaise with stakeholders and formulate requirements, specifications & timelines for jobs.
- Enhance and optimize applications in accordance with stakeholders in our 3 week cycle.
- Define concepts, and be a sounding board for potential modifications.
- Manage data related work: ER modelling, data migration ETL.
- Manage disaster recovery & backup procedures.
- Maintain system & user documentation. From April 1994 to November 2013 (19 years 8 months) Sydney, AustraliaComputer Programmer @ - Programmed in uniface, sybase, & sqr on a unix machine.
- Became an expert in the portfolio module of the stock broking system
- Part of the team that invented the import facility from the stock exchange into our “TRADES” model.
- Eventually became the guru of the import facility. From April 1992 to April 1994 (2 years 1 month) Computer Programmer @ - Programmed in Dataflex.
- Customer Support
- Created and maintained the UI which at this time in the IT world was revolutionary with on screen bins and drag and drop.
- Migration scripts from other picture libraries to import into the dataflex app. From February 1992 to July 1992 (6 months) Dispatch Clerk @ From December 1985 to February 1986 (3 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension