Senior Vice President, eCommerce and Mobile Payment Products @ Visa
Global Head of Commerce Partnerships @ Facebook
Bachelor’s Degree @
Universidade Federal de Itajubá
10+ years experience on ecommerce and International Business. Tried a bit of everything - from Engineering to Finance to Corporate Strategy to Product Marketing to Product Management to Business Development to Operations to General Management. Always with a global focus. Now putting this all together to co-found and drive a startup focused on Global Markets and International
10+ years experience on ecommerce and International Business. Tried a bit of everything - from Engineering to Finance to Corporate Strategy to Product Marketing to Product Management to Business Development to Operations to General Management. Always with a global focus. Now putting this all together to co-found and drive a startup focused on Global Markets and International Trade.
Specialties: Technology, Operations, Business Development, Payments, International Business, Product Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Product Management
Senior Director, Operations and Business Development @ * Helping merchants worldwide to start selling and increase sales to Latin American buyers From August 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaFounder & President @ Dabee is a social cross-border trade platform that brings a local e-commerce experience to the global supply of goods from online merchants around the world. A $90B market.
Today, buyers from 50+ countries can discover, share and buy products from any reputable retailer in the US with www.dabee.com. These purchases are made in local currency, local payment methods, inclusive of all customs and taxes, and are delivered to their doors. Our flagship site is in Brazil: www.dabee.com.br.
As President of Dabee, I have:
* Raised ~$3.0 million in funding from VCs in the US, Latin American and India.
* Built team of 25 people in 3 offices: US, Brazil and India.
* Managed operations, marketing, finance (P&L) and business development.
* Built relationship and closed deals with 100+ partners and merchants worldwide.
* Led negotiation and acquisition process with MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) From November 2010 to August 2015 (4 years 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaBD and Operations Lead, Emerging Markets / Acting GM, PayPal Brazil @ * Launched PayPal and drove the company’s go-to-market strategy in Brazil
* Led team of 30+ people to launch PayPal Brazil and hire team – including legal, finance, treasury, BD, product, marketing, PR and human resources
* Established relationship with local suppliers: postal office, legal, marketing and PR agencies
* Spearheaded product planning for launch
* Supported PayPal Emerging Markets team on strategy to drive exports and imports from/to Emerging Markets From December 2008 to October 2010 (1 year 11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector, Product Management @ * Owned Adap.tv product strategy and execution
* Launched of Adap.tv’s flagship product (“Adap.tv OneSource”): a platform focused on ad revenue optimization for online video publishers
* Led implementation of other two major product initiatives: OneSource ‘self-service’ program for small publishers (which tripled the number of Adap.tv customers in 3 months), and online reporting platform for large publishers From April 2008 to November 2008 (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHead of Cross-Border Trade, Merchant Services @ * Led PayPal Merchant Services ("off-ebay") cross-border trade team ($250M revenue/year)
* Spearheaded marketing and product initiatives such as: International Trade portal for consumers and small merchants, cross-border shipping for merchants, international sending limits upgrade
* Worked with PayPal sales team on negotiations with global merchants
* Launched 'cross-country' product that facilitates the cross-border buying process for thousands of PayPal consumers worldwide From March 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Product Manager - International @ * Led initiative with highest return-on-investment of 2006: $12 million dollars in revenue. Project involved team of 20 people in 12 countries. Team won the most important Award in the company
* Led multiple PayPal International projects, including PayPal’s footprint expansion to more than 100 countries
* Headed cross-functional team on global initiative that identified PayPal’s international trade target market, identified top barriers, and implemented product/marketing initiatives to improve PayPal adoption overseas From July 2005 to February 2007 (1 year 8 months) Associate @ Corporate Strategy - GM Global Consulting Group
* Worked on multiple executive-level projects from different GM teams such as: international trade, health care, and technology From July 2003 to June 2005 (2 years) Associate @ Evaluated investment opportunities (long and short positions) for potential M&A activities in the packaged food and beverage industries in North America, Latin America, and Western Europe From June 2001 to September 2001 (4 months) Director of International Affairs @ Acted as advisor to the Secretary of International Affairs on export credit programs. Leader of the Brazilian Export Insurance Program ($1 billion fund) From August 1997 to July 2001 (4 years)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Business Administration and Management, General @ Stanford University Graduate School of Business From 2001 to 2003 MA, Government @ National School of Public Administration From 1996 to 1997 Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical Engineering @ Universidade Federal de Itajubá From 1991 to 1996 Helcio Nobre is skilled in: Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, E-commerce, Product Management, Product Marketing, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Business Development, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension