Social Media Strategist and Component PR Manager @ AMD
Channel PR and Social Media Manager @ AMD
BAH, Political Studies @
As Social Media Strategist and Component PR Manager at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) I am responsible for driving AMD’s global social media strategy, as well as, leading PR campaigns and product launches. I am frequently called on by senior executives for strategic counsel because of my sophisticated and strategic understanding of social media, social tools, and digital
As Social Media Strategist and Component PR Manager at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) I am responsible for driving AMD’s global social media strategy, as well as, leading PR campaigns and product launches. I am frequently called on by senior executives for strategic counsel because of my sophisticated and strategic understanding of social media, social tools, and digital engagement concepts.
Over the past two years I’ve worked on a number of major social media projects including writing AMD’s comprehensive 50-page social media strategy for AMD (incorporating team structures, a full social properties analysis, policies and procedures, tools, roles and responsibilities, sentiment analysis, reporting, advertising, advocacy, community engagement, program management, etc.) from scratch, and in just two weeks. Currently, I am developing a social media training program for AMD employees focused on employee advocacy and social selling.
In 2013, I was recognized by AMD at its annual sales and marketing conference for the development and execution of the social strategy for our Never Settle Reloaded campaign and by PR News, as one of its 2013 People to Watch – Rising PR Stars 30 and Under.
Specialties: Social media strategy, public relations, demand generation, social selling, event logistics, communications, strategic planning marketing, promotion, fundraising, leadership, training & development, recruitment and volunteer management.
Global Go-to-Market Manager @ - Global GTM manager for AMD enthusiast and performance component products.
- Developing global GTM channel strategies.
- Directing the creation of global toolkits which include creative assets (site skins, banners,
email templates, social media etc.)
- Liaison between regional marketing, ISV marketing and creative teams.
- Developing global SEM campaigns.
- Manage AMD’s component reviews program.
- The program leverages advocates to increase the number of point of purchase reviews
on e-tailer websites in the USA, UK and Germany.
- Responsible for organizing, executing and driving demand for customer focused events.
- Driving digital advertising campaigns including geo-fencing, social advertising and
Outbrain campaigns. From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Toronto, Canada AreaSocial Media Strategist and Component PR Manager @ Development of AMD’s Corporate Social Media Strategy
- Identifying areas of improvement for AMD overall social media strategy
- Managing AMD sentiment reporting and analysis
Overall Program Governance
- Driving the broader alignment on our social strategy above the tactical layer to ensure we
continue to evolve the program taking into consideration external trends and internal needs.
- Managing social media strategy council meetings as well as a regular check-in
with executives on a quarterly basis to report out and update on future plans.
- Ensuring social activities and strategies are understood across broader marketing team
(web) and product marketing teams to make sure there is an integrated digital strategy.
Managing Tactical Execution Across the Organization and into the Regions
- Content Alignment Process ---- driving the right process alignment across the team to
make sure content is consistent and appropriate
- Driving agendas for social media council and working teams, as well as putting in
place process for ensuring alignment across all the teams via publishing calendars etc.
- Driving the day-to-day social activities across the matrixed org.
- Training the teams on process, tone, style, etc.
- In the hub/spoke model, this is managing all the aspects to make the hub/spoke work.
Social Media Measurement
- Developing consistent methodology across the team/regions, including driving
standardization on metrics, process, templates, cadence, etc.
- Using this data to identify the progress AMD is making against desired business
outcomes and to drive smarter decisions moving forward.
- Support HQ PR activities including product launches and major events, including press
releases, blogs, social media engagement, press briefings and onsite event support.
- Media Relations - press outreach, fielding questions etc. From February 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 10 months) Toronto, Canada AreaChannel PR and Social Media Manager @ Channel PR
- Provide communications support and counsel for David Kenyon, including quarterly PR plan development, press tour and channel event organization, blog creation and demand generation activities.
- Provide communication support for the North American Channel Marketing team, including writing press releases, blogs and sponsorship programs.
- Bi- weekly meeting with the EMEA Channel PR team, ensuring HQ and EMEA channel plans are aligned and coordinating cross use of materials.
- Support HQ PR activities including product launches and major events, including press releases, blogs, social media engagement, press briefings and onsite event support.
- Media Relations - press outreach, fielding questions etc.
- Develop social media strategy for Channel PR and marketing team.
- Lead PR liaison with the social media and web team.
- Sat on the steering committee for choosing a social media measurement and listening tool.
- Provide social media planning, strategy and onsite support for PR and Marketing events, including planning documents, writing and scheduling Facebook, Twitter and G+ content and planning and executing social media contests. Examples include Comic-Con, Giants event, IDF, ACL Digital Engagers Event.
- Coordinate cross promotional social media campaigns with AMD partners.
- Support Digital Engagers Social Review Programs. Work directly with digital engagers, providing them with products to review. Programs include the Social Media Reviewers Program launched at Comic-Con onsite and through Twitter, AMD APU YouTube and Bloggers review program and a second installment of the Social Media Reviewers Program being launched at ACL Digital Engagers Event. From May 2012 to February 2013 (10 months) Marketing and Social Media Coordinator @ Led Online Marketing
- Produced annual online marketing strategy.
- Managed and updated infusion.com.
- Drove online lead generation.
Managed Social Media
- Developed overall social media strategy.
- Managed all of infusions social media channels.
- Wrote social media guidelines and trained staff on how to properly use social media to promote Infusion “wins” and generate leads.
Execute Public Relations Campaigns
- Developed communication plans surrounding big “wins”.
- Wrote all public relations materials (press releases, case studies, backgrounder, factsheet etc.).
- Pitched media through email, on the phone and social media.
Liaison and consult with partners and clients globally
- Assisted Microsoft with events, logistics, promotions and demand generation.
- Consulted clients on social media strategy and best practices.
- Wrote blog posts and press releases on partner and clients behalf. From January 2012 to May 2012 (5 months) Toronto, Canada AreaSocial Media Community Managers @ I work with the ecosystem PR division, which includes international PR, software PR, channel PR and social media.
Executed Facebook deals stream.
- Drove demand generation for products.
- Produced an average of $65,000 a week in sales to e-retail sites.
- Essential part of AMD’s overall marketing strategies, consumer and channel.
Tasked with architecting the AMD social media overhaul.
- Streamlining social media properties, using a hub and spoke approach.
- Architected an employee social media engagement program.
- Researched management tools to create consistency and efficiency across global regions.
Oversaw Edelman Digital's interactions with AMD’s online community.
- Held weekly ed-cal meetings.
- Priorities and managed the flow of content from multiple departments.
- Assessed and re-architected AMD’s social media guidelines and best practices.
Produced social media competitive analysis.
- Comparing social media reach, engagement and influence.
Managed online relationships with journalist, bloggers, reviewers and online influencers. From June 2011 to November 2011 (6 months)
Graduate Certificate, Public Relations @ Humber College From 2010 to 2011 BAH, Political Studies @ Queen's University From 2007 to 2010 First Year, Political Studies @ Herstmonceux, Bader International Study Centre From 2006 to 2007 Heather J Lennon is skilled in: Media Relations, Social Media, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Social Media Measurement, Press Releases, Event Planning, Project Management, Marketing Communications, Strategy, Blogging, Online Marketing, Marketing
Looking for a different
Heather J Lennon?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension