Throughout my professional experience, I have built a strong background developing object oriented designs and automation scripts to be used for planning as well as testing satellite network systems. I demonstrated leadership skills by managing my own tasks and planning my own projects, and running design meetings with customer and senior management. I demonstrated strong technical and
Throughout my professional experience, I have built a strong background developing object oriented designs and automation scripts to be used for planning as well as testing satellite network systems. I demonstrated leadership skills by managing my own tasks and planning my own projects, and running design meetings with customer and senior management. I demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills by identifying blocker issues and devising solutions. In addition, I proved to be independent and a fast learner by identifying the skills needed for the tasks at hand and personally developing them. My most exciting project was working on the design and implementation of a bandwidth management system. It was both an opportunity to learn new skills and prove my capabilities. I am an excellent candidate for projects requiring back-end code development, automation and scripting, as I am fluent in a variety of programming languages such as C/C++/C++11, Python, Matlab, Java, SQL and a variety of technologies such as Regex, Linux, DRBD, HTTP other web technologies
In addition to my industrial experience, I hold a Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University (GPA: 3.93/4.0) and a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer and Communications from the American University of Beirut (graduated with distinction). I also completed a minor in business administration. I am currently pursuing a part-time Masters in Computer Science at GeorgiaTech with an expected graduation date in 2016.
Software Engineer @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Software Engineer @ • C/C++/C++11 Experience: Develop Bandwidth Management reporting and Quality of Service fairness algorithms. Develop network and channel simulators and unit tests to scale test a web based network management system as well as protocol processors for satellite networks. Made use of Object Oriented and network programming concepts.
• Python Experience: Develop Web Client to communicate with back-end server and manage the network configuration database. Implemented various automation scripts, wrappers and standalone tools needed for network troubleshooting and scale testing. Developed scripts to interact with PostgreSQL, Regex and linux shell.
• IT Experience: Worked with clusters, DRBD, HTTP, XML, JSON and other web technologies. Lead integration efforts. From February 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 11 months) Hardware Engineer @ • Network Planning: Develop link budget for the Jupiter satellite system. Run trade study analysis to optimize antenna location and sizing and provide better network operation. Account for service demand and demographics, as well as incorporate atmospheric, propagation and equipment models. Provide specs for customers and vendors.
• System Design: Develop simulations in Matlab and C/C++ to aid in the design and to optimize system parameters, mainly channel spacing and frequency planning for low inter-system interference. Develop an efficient algorithm for generating known patterns for signal detection. Worked with R&D and implementation. Demonstrated team skills in holding meetings, communicating and transferring knowledge across departments, and provided project documentation.
• Modem Design: Set up modeling simulation for algorithm development and testing. Investigated the performance of individual blocks in the receiver and made recommendations for improvement. Modeled transmitter characteristics and channel impairments. Developed algorithms for signal detection and signal processing, tracking and demodulation.
• Lab Testing: Operate a satellite link emulator to test gateway and user terminal network operation, such as acquisition, synchronization and power control. Develop log parsing scripts in Python and Regex for processing statistics collected in the lab and over the air. From June 2008 to January 2013 (4 years 8 months) Intern @ • Coding and modulation for WCDMA: Showed fast learning skills while working with Ericsson R&D on the use of Orthogonal Space Time Codes in a broadcast network and the tradeoﬀ between lower code rate and increased diversity gains. From May 2007 to August 2007 (4 months) Intern @ • Project on OFDM: Showed initiative and independence in research while investigating proposed implementations and RF requirements for OFDM UWB receivers. From June 2005 to August 2005 (3 months)
Master's Degree, Computer Science @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 2014 to 2016 M.S., Electrical Engineering @ North Carolina State University From 2006 to 2008 Bachelors, Computer and Communications Engineering @ American University of Beirut From 2002 to 2006 Haytham Yaghi is skilled in: C++, Python, Object Oriented Design, Java, Testing, C, Digital Signal Processors, Wireless, Algorithms, Linux, Signal Processing, Simulations, Embedded Systems, RF, Shell Scripting, Embedded Software, ASIC, Verilog, FPGA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension