Director of Product @ Working alongside the CEO to grow the revenue of App Academy by optimizing the bootcamp, expanding across the US, establishing strategic partnerships, and developing new products in adjacent markets. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Instructor @ - Attended the 3-month bootcamp as a student in April 2015; two months into the
Director of Product @ Working alongside the CEO to grow the revenue of App Academy by optimizing the bootcamp, expanding across the US, establishing strategic partnerships, and developing new products in adjacent markets. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Instructor @ - Attended the 3-month bootcamp as a student in April 2015; two months into the program, was asked to become an instructor.
- Prepared and delivered lectures and live coding demos on numerous web development topics such as OOP, authentication and security patterns, and LRU caches.
- Sole lecturer for 3-week, 20+ hour sequence of lectures on data structures and algorithms, taken by all students at the end of their course; produced canonical video recordings.
- Oversaw and performed most of the web development work for App Academy's application tracking system and user-facing website.
- Developed internal applicant analysis tools and dashboards for use by the marketing team to track the applicant funnel.
- Started and led lectures for an extracurricular algorithms study group, covering topics such as Bloom filters, computational complexity theory, and edit distance algorithms. From June 2015 to August 2015 (3 months) Mind Coach, Author @ - Worked with poker players, entrepreneurs, traders to improve their decision-making skills, control their emotions, and optimize their learning
- Wrote, designed, and published "How to be a Poker Player: The Philosophy of Poker" in December 2013, ranked the #1 best-selling poker book on Amazon's Kindle Store for ~5 months
- Recorded, mastered, and marketed successful audiobook From September 2011 to June 2015 (3 years 10 months) Austin, Texas AreaPoker Instructor @ - Acted as lead instructor, producing highly technical and extremely popular poker strategy analysis videos for DeucesCracked LLC and CardRunners LLC from 2008—2011
- Privately coached many of the strongest poker players around the world, charging fees up to $1100/hr
- Managed all advertising, marketing, sales, and ran a popular blog
- Ranked 5th best poker instructor in the world by prominent poker commentator Tri “Slowhabit” Nguyen From February 2008 to August 2011 (3 years 7 months) Professional Poker player @ - Built a bankroll from $50 at age of 16 to over $250,000 by age of 17 using game theory, risk management, behavioral economics, and data mining
- In 2009, at the age of 19, was ranked one of the 10 strongest online heads-up no-limit Hold'em players in the world, and netted over $1,000,000 in a year
- In 2010, was ranked one of the 10 strongest online heads-up pot-limit Omaha players in the world
- Was sponsored by Full Tilt Poker as a "Full Tilt Red Pro" from January 2009 until April 2011
- Wrote articles for Bluff Magazine and other leading poker media from 2009 to 2011
- Co-founded and co-managed SFCF in 2009, a proprietary poker firm that backed approximately 20 mid-level players with profit-sharing agreements, which generated 200k+ in profits
- Contracted as a business manager from 2010-2011 for two professional poker players, negotiated significant (100k+) contracts on their behalfs, served as representative in interactions with lawyers, drafted gambling and profit-sharing deals, designed and managed websites, and advised on financial ventures From February 2006 to August 2011 (5 years 7 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension