Chief Financial Officer - Middle East @ JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc.
Finance Controller, Middle East / Arabia Region @ AIG
Chief Financial Officer @ AIG
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Auditing @
Institute of Systems Audit and Control Association, USA
After completing 5 years accounting training with PwC, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant (FCA) in 1999 from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. I have 14 years of Post Qualification Experience in accounting and auditing in variety of industries such as manufacturing, insurance, health care, education and NGOs. For last 7 years, I have been working
After completing 5 years accounting training with PwC, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant (FCA) in 1999 from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. I have 14 years of Post Qualification Experience in accounting and auditing in variety of industries such as manufacturing, insurance, health care, education and NGOs. For last 7 years, I have been working in various senior positions in Finance in multinational organizations.
Based in Dubai for last 3 years, currently working as Chief Financial Officer in JLT Specialty Ltd – Middle East. Prior to that, I was the Finance Controller of AIG Insurance - MEA Region, overseeing 10 entities across 7 countries in the Middle East (shared service mode).
Key skills and expertise include Budgeting and Planning, Accounting & Reporting, Audit & Controls, ERP implementation, Expense Controls, etc.
Also passionate about teaching and voluntary work.
Chief Financial Officer - Middle East @ JLT is one of the world's largest providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. JLT owns offices in 135 countries with some 9,500 employees, with an annual global turnover in excess of US$ 1.5 Billion.
Reporting to CEO as well as to Regional CFO, key responsibilities include budget and planning, management reporting and analysis, legal restructuring project, etc. From 2015 to Present (less than a year) United Arab EmiratesFinance Controller, Middle East / Arabia Region @ AIG is one of the world’s leading insurance company with operations in more than 130 countries with an annual global turnover of $65 billion and employs 63,000 people worldwide.
I was responsible for finance controllership for the Middle East / Arabia region comprising of 10 entities across 7 countries (Shared Services model). Reporting to the cluster CFO and leading a team of 26 persons, key responsibilities included:
Accounting and Reporting:
General accounting, GL closings and balance sheet reconciliations
Corporate reporting to regional office and AIG head office in New York
Local regulatory reporting and filing
Capital and solvency positions and compliance
Account receivables and payables
Treasury and investment management
Audits, taxation, internal controls and policies and procedures
Oversight of all projects company wide
ERP implementation (Oracle Financials), enhancement and process improvements
Expense rationalization and controls From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) Chief Financial Officer @ AIG is one of the world’s leading insurance company with operations in more than 130 countries with an annual global turnover of $65 billion and employs 63,000 people worldwide.
Reporting to CEO as well as the Regional CFO, I was directly responsible for the entire Finance function as well as to assist the CEO to ensure achievement of corporate goals and strategies. Heading a department of 13 persons, my key tasks are summarized below:
Assisting CEO on business planning, feasibilities and key decision making
All corporate and regulatory reporting
Receivables, payables and treasury management
Audit and compliance
Internal controls, policies and procedures and SOX light
Taxation and capital/solvency management
Assisting CEO in legal matters and commercial contracts From 2007 to 2012 (5 years) PakistanManager Finance / Treasury @ Aga Khan University / Hospital is the largest private sector tertiary teaching hospital in Pakistan with 575+ beds, providing services to 50,000+ inpatients and 600,000+ outpatients annually and employs 8,000+ people. It has also got sizeable operations in East Africa and Afghanistan.
Reporting to the Director Finance & heading a department of 13 persons, primary responsibilities included:
- Monthly GL closings, reporting, treasury, internal controls, policies and procedures, audits, ERP implementation project of Pakistan operations
- Financial monitoring of all international operations of AKU (East Africa, Afghanistan, Egypt and Syria), including their budgeting, funding, reporting, audits, internal controls, etc.
- Led Finance Dept in implementation of major end-to-end university/hospital industry ERP (PeopleSoft) From 2004 to 2007 (3 years) PakistanAssistant Manager Finance @ Unilever is world’s 3rd largest consumer goods company with global revenue in excess of $65 billion and employing over 173,000 people worldwide.
Reporting to the Country Group Financial Accountant, primary responsibilities included:
- Overall control of the General Ledger, including monthly GL closings, reconciliations, reviews, etc.
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements, Group Financial Statements and various Returns
- Audits, taxation, corporate returns, etc. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) PakistanAudit Manager @ AKGRB is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and is responsible for auditing the group entities within the AKDN. AKDN is a group of development agencies operating in 30 countries around the world with non-profit development spending of $625 million and employing 80,000 people globally.
Reporting to the CEO as well as to the Board of Directors and heading a department of 8 persons, primary responsibilities included the following for the 9 AKDN entities operating in Pakistan:
- Preparing annual Audit plan based on risk based approach
- Conducting financial audits and reviews
- Conducting management audits, operational reviews, software reviews with varied scope and objectives From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) PakistanArticleship Trainee and then Assistant Audit Manager @ Reporting to Section Managers and Partners, primary responsibilities included:
- Managing statutory and group audits of various multinational and local organisations
- Execution of special assignments, such as due diligence / valuation exercises, forensic audits, etc.
Have auditing exposure in the following industries:
• Banking: Bank of America, Bank Indosuez
• Insurance: Commercial Union
• Automotive: Al-Ghazi Tractors (Al-Futtaim)
• FMCG : Unilever, Coke
• Mfg/Trading: Gestetner, Johnson & Philips
• Oil & Gas: ENI, Schlumberger
• Others: DHL, Sindh Club, National Engineering Services From 1993 to 2000 (7 years) Pakistan
FCA (Fellow Chartered Accountant), Accounting and Finance @ Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) From 1993 to 1999 Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Auditing @ Institute of Systems Audit and Control Association, USACertified Internal Auditor (CIA), Auditing @ The Institute of Internal Auditors, USACertified HR Professional, Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General @ Pakistan Institute of Quality ControlCertified Management Auditor, Auditing @ London School of EconomicsCertified ISO / Quality Management Auditor, Auditing @ Institute of Quality Control Standards, Singapore‘A’ Levels, Accounting and Finance @ Oxford University Board through The City School, Pakistan‘O’ Levels, Accounting and Finance @ Cambridge University Board through The City School, Pakistan Hasan Dossani is skilled in: Financial Analysis, IFRS, Financial Reporting, Management, Auditing, Managerial Finance, Accounts Receivable, Internal Controls, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Accounting, Internal Audit, Accounts Payable, Forecasting, General Ledger
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension