Wrekin College, Wellington, Shropshire, UK
Director of Engineering @ From
Director of Engineering @ From December 2014 to Present (11 months) San FranciscoEngineering Manager @ * mastered the technology stack (Python + Django) in one week from not knowing Python at all, shipped feature to production in week 2
* led and drove the efforts to increase test coverage
* architected and authored a machine learning and big data project in SOA that provided isolation from the existing web app and laid down a framework and example for future SOA projects
* introduced the use of docker container based deployment and implemented production deployment in docker containers
* provided feedback and career development advice to team members via one-on-one meetings
* delivered all projects on schedule and all code with test coverage > 80% From June 2014 to November 2014 (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaCo-founder and CTO @ Design, architect and write the technology platform offered by DemandStreet. Manage the development, testing, deployment and support of the platform. Responsible for
* extract complex business requirements from client meetings and convert them into technical
requirements and projects
* provide technology overview and integration analysis with meeting with clients and partners
* drive product development and roadmap
* design and architecture of all the applications and platforms at DemandStreet
* managing the agile development process and socializing best practices in coding
* mentoring engineers on the team and help them grow
* recruiting and talent acquisition for the engineering organization
Created DemandStreet's distributed and highly scalable social media marketing platform from the ground up with technologies such as Grails, MySQL, Redis, NodeJs, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB and Google Bigquery. Integrated with Stripe for online payment and Twilio for telephony functionalities.
Continuously improving the performance and efficiency of the platform, adding new features based on client feedback and business requirements and creating technology solutions in house to increase the effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts. From November 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Developer / Technical Team Lead @ Created the REST web services framework that opens up the company's complex and sophisticated data models to clients. It has broadened the company's client base and it's an important feature in the company's current portfolio of offerings.
Currently leading a small team of developers and continue to develop more services on the framework and continues to fine tune the framework and adding new features. From August 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Developer @ Wrote the mission critical ETL process that refreshes accounting data nightly. Rewrote large part of an existing reporting application which was failing due to scalability issues. These two projects were crucial to daily running of the business.
One of the 4 developers who developed a short-term fixed income trading platform with groovy and grails from scratch in 3 months. The trading platform made an immediate impact to company's revenue from day 1. From January 2009 to August 2010 (1 year 8 months) San Francisco, CAFixed Income Design and Development Engineer @ From August 2005 to December 2008 (3 years 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaIntern Software Engineer @ From July 2002 to September 2002 (3 months) Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, UK
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension