Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer @ Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company
Enterprise Windows Server Administrator @ Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company
Enterprise Implementation Team Lead @ Rackspace, the Open Cloud Company
High School @
Slough Grammar School
Enterprise Implementation Team Lead @ The Enterprise Segment is responsible for providing industry leading Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace’s largest enterprise level customers. The Enterprise segment consists of a number of customer centric teams that are dedicated to a portfolio of customers. The typical Enterprise customer has a very high expectation of solution delivery and requires a consultative
Enterprise Implementation Team Lead @ The Enterprise Segment is responsible for providing industry leading Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace’s largest enterprise level customers. The Enterprise segment consists of a number of customer centric teams that are dedicated to a portfolio of customers. The typical Enterprise customer has a very high expectation of solution delivery and requires a consultative approach from pre-sales, during the Implementation phase through to the customer transition and delivery stage.
The Enterprise client on-boarding team prides itself on delivering operational excellence whilst meeting customer’s expectations around quality and timely delivery, being successful in the role requires:
• Passionate management and coaching of the custom Implementation team members.
• Effective management of escalations, supporting the team to resolve issues.
• Creating a work environment and atmosphere that engages and delights both Rackers and customers
• Creative thinking on ways to improve our client on-boarding experience and processes
• Effective adaptation of working in line with corporate objectives
• Adherence to Industry recognized standards, customer requirements related to deployments. From February 2013 to Present (2 years 11 months) Enterprise Windows Server Administrator @ A System Administrator is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. They are the owner of complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve.
The System Administrator applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer updated via the ticketing system and phone. Expected to use their initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
Key duties include:
• To provide the highest level of technical support
• Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
• Exercise judgment in decision making in order to routinely deliver FANATICAL support to customers.
• Take ownership of issues and seeing them through to resolution.
• Responsible for solving a customer's technical issues
• Support customers over the phone and via tickets From January 2011 to February 2013 (2 years 2 months) Windows Infrastructure System Administrator @ • Provide technical support for Windows servers for multiple enterprise clients which required me the ability to adapt and learn new procedures as necessary.
• Carrying out initial incident and problem management on alerts received and escalate where necessary, as outlined in ITIL guidelines.
• Investigate, resolve and carry out trend analysis on problems using various applications, operating systems and tools, (i.e. Backup Exec , Netbackup, SQL, IIS, etc).
• Used a ticket logging system, Supportworks, to aid in ticket management.
• Ensure that escalated calls and issues are responded to within defined service level agreements (SLAs) and call management guidelines.
• Taking ownership and responsibility of tickets and carried out required problem solving and decision making.
• Sharing important information across my team and with the departmental team leaders.
• Reviewing and improving our Knowledge Base and other documentation.
• Manage all client communication in line with client support related processes.
• Undertake assigned tasks from the service desk process and ensure the effective prioritisation and allocation of incoming events.
• Ensure Scheduled tasks are managed and completed on time.
• Carrying out impeccable communication with client and peers and remain client focused via all communication methods (i.e. phone, email and ticket updates).
• Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2
• Active Directory Troubleshooting and Management
• Supporting and managing IIS 5/6/7/7.5
• Supporting and managing SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/
• VMware ESX, and Virtual Infrastructure Clients
• Windows Clustering –Building and Supporting
• Networking - Load-Balance Management Via NLB Content Switch / Firewalls
• Backup Management using NetBackup, Backup Exec and NT Backup
• SSL - management and implementation for new requests and renewals of client certificates
• Patch Management From October 2008 to January 2011 (2 years 4 months) IT Client Services Analyst @ • Providing support to 3000+ users, resolving 30+ calls per day using Call Logging software to meet set SLA's.
• Troubleshooting all network and application problems by providing remote assistance for issues.
• Spending one day a week in Osterley Distribution offices, (300+ users), where I was solely responsible for resolving any technical issues that occurred.
• Imaging (using Norton Ghost), configuring and supporting Windows XP, MS Office, Outlook and various 3rd party applications for over 1600 PC and laptop users.
• Maintaining user accounts using Active directory and configuring Roaming profiles on servers.
• Resolving user issues on virtual servers using MS terminal services and VPN configuration.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for EPOS systems, PCs, Laptops, printers, scanners, scales and plasma screens.
• Support for Win NT / java based applications e.g. RJ BackOffice on EPOS systems.
• Administration of User profiles and archiving, delegation, permissions of MS Exchange email accounts.
• Network administration of permissions on servers, folders, Active Directory and administering user accounts and passwords.
• Implementation of new Encryption server and test new client for encryption before pushing out to all PCs. From January 2008 to September 2008 (9 months)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Physics with Computing @ Queen Mary, U. of London From 2001 to 2005 Mathematics, Computing and Physics @ Slough Grammar School From 1999 to 2001 Gurpreet Ahluwalia is skilled in: ITIL, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Security, Windows support, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Technologies, Microsoft Operating Systems, VMware, VMware Infrastructure, SQL Server, MySQL Cluster, Clustering, DNS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension