Juris Doctor, Law @
University of West Los Angeles
I handle a vast array of differing legal matters; fully transitioning between each in quick secession. From litigation management to negotiating complex business agreements I always bring a goal focused approach to any problem and ensure the solution makes sense from a business perspective. One technique that I favor is building a well integrated team and promoting
I handle a vast array of differing legal matters; fully transitioning between each in quick secession. From litigation management to negotiating complex business agreements I always bring a goal focused approach to any problem and ensure the solution makes sense from a business perspective. One technique that I favor is building a well integrated team and promoting cross departmental cooperation to all stakeholders to contribute.
Business and Corporate Attorney @ I represent a wide array of clients from individuals to startup enterprises to established companies in industries spanning motion picture, television, and seasoned music groups to internet based businesses and commercial real estate ventures ensuring to address both business and legal needs for each client in a cost effective manner. Examples of my work include:
- Drafted and negotiated sales/vendor agreements to obtain better terms while ensuring proper legal safeguards.
- Represented both individuals and companies in employment litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Advised and litigated IP matters from filings to prosecution of claims before the USPTO & federal courts.
- Handled all aspects of incorporation, filings, and governance for startup clients in differencing industries.
- Litigated both landlord & tenant disputes up through final lease revocation and eviction. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Vice President and Counsel @ Legal counsel supporting the Business Analytics division which provides investment firms with multi-asset class solutions for analytics, attribution, risk management, performance, GIPS® reporting, total fund reporting, style and peer universe comparisons. Tasked with advising on IP licensing, SaaS offerings, and data services while providing legal support for the business operations of the division. From February 2014 to October 2014 (9 months) In-House Counsel (US) / Solicitor (UK) @ - Drafted & negotiated sophisticated service agreements with Fortune Global 500 companies.
- Handled various legal and business matters for international operations to promote global company growth (US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Ireland, India, South Korea, Singapore).
- Managed outside counsel to ensure business objectives were met and obtain reductions in legal spend.
- Designed and negotiated sophisticated cross-channel multi-million dollar Software as a Service, software licensing agreements, and EULA’s for use with Fortune Global 500 companies.
- Served as lead counsel on various business litigation to ensure desired results.
- Responsible for legal compliance of public/consumer privacy data and security breach issues.
- Provided advice to C-Level management regarding employment (US & EU) related topics to include: background & drug screening, retention policies, hiring, terminations, compensation, and benefits.
- Oversaw legal entity creation and managed corporate books & records (US, UK, & Singapore).
- Assisted in crafting company’s Privacy and Dept. of State/EU Safe Harbor Policies.
- Created FCPA & UK Bribery Act Anti-Corruption policy and served as Asst. Compliance Officer.
- Negotiated both landlord and tenant commercial leases for multiple jurisdictions.
- Litigated or managed both commercial and residential evictions up through recovering possession. From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) In-House Counsel / Solicitor (UK) @ From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) In-House Counsel / Solicitor (UK) @ From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) In-House Counsel (US) / Solicitor (UK) @ From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) In-House Counsel (US) / Solicitor (UK) @ From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) In-House Counsel @ From December 2007 to February 2014 (6 years 3 months) Law Clerk @ ·Conducted preliminary hearings including direct & cross examinations.
·Drafted pleadings & presented oral arguments on varied Motions & Oppositions to Motions.
·Responsible of coordinating witnesses and evidence availability for trial.
·Conducted legal research using Westlaw & Lexis, regional reporters, digests, and treatises. From August 2005 to May 2006 (10 months) Law Clerk @ ·Drafted Motions, Stipulations, Orders, Points & Authorities and responses to pleadings.
·Propounded Subpoenas, Interrogatories, Requests for Admission, Demand for Documents.
·Created trial & arbitration briefs and notebooks to include assembling exhibits.
·Conducted depositions and witness interviews.
·Interfaced with clients to gather factual information and prepared client advice letters.
·Tracked billable work time entries in client billing software. From July 2004 to October 2005 (1 year 4 months) Intelligence Supervisor @ ·Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance
·Wrote highly detailed analytical reports for a wide range of organizations.
·Responsible for briefing senior level executives (General Officer level) on intelligence matters.
·Participated in Operation Enduring Freedom.
·Supervised, trained, counseled, inspected, and evaluated over 20 employees at any given time. From May 1995 to May 2003 (8 years 1 month) Inventory Management @ ·Individually responsible for ordering merchandise totaling over $15 million annually.
·Coordinated thousands of purchase orders monthly with a wide range of merchants.
·Exhibited positive and professional interaction with customers and employees. From May 1995 to October 2001 (6 years 6 months)
Solicitor's Certificate, Law @ Oxford Institute of Legal Practice From 2009 to 2010 Juris Doctor, Law @ University of West Los Angeles From 2003 to 2006 Paralegal Certificate, Paralegal Studies @ Washington OLIBusiness Managemeent @ University of PhoenixDiploma, General Education @ SOCES From 1989 to 1993 Gregory L. Wilkinson, Esq. is skilled in: Employment Law, Legal Research, Intellectual Property, Legal Writing, Licensing, Corporate Law, Contract Negotiation, Arbitration, Dispute Resolution, Bankruptcy, Legal Compliance, Operations Management, Document Review, Trials, Contract Law
Looking for a different
Gregory L. Wilkinson, Esq.?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension