Director Community Applications @ Dassault Systèmes
Director SOLIDWORKS for Entrepreneurs @ Dassault Systèmes / SolidWorks
Director Online Product Development @ Dassault Systemes / 3DVIA
Entrepreneurial professional with 25+ years of industry experience in multiple areas of business operation looking to lead a motivated team on challenging problems. Strengths in bridging the communication barriers between marketing, sales, and development organizations in the process of creating new and visionary products. Successful in leading and mentoring geographically dispersed teams using both classic and Agile
Entrepreneurial professional with 25+ years of industry experience in multiple areas of business operation looking to lead a motivated team on challenging problems. Strengths in bridging the communication barriers between marketing, sales, and development organizations in the process of creating new and visionary products. Successful in leading and mentoring geographically dispersed teams using both classic and Agile methodologies developing and shipping commercial software.
Specialties: startups, technology strategist, business development, product definition, 3D, cloud, agile
SolidWorks @ From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Judge @ MassChallenge connects entrepreneurs with the resources they need to launch and succeed immediately. It is the largest-ever startup accelerator, and the first to support high-impact, early-stage entrepreneurs with no strings attached. From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Director Online Product Development @ Responsible for helping set and develop the strategic vision for 3DVIA’s cloud and mobile products. Worked in conjunction with Dassault Systemes upper management to build and implement the strategy for 3DVIA.com as a user centered online and mobile platform to connect people and businesses to deliver superior user experience for consumer and professional 3D applications. Designed and architected multiple 3DVIA products including 3DVIA Share for cloud based content hosting, 3DVIA Spotlight for the creation of mobile marketing apps and 3DVIA Scenes, a multi-user online 3D virtual reality application for companies to market their real world products.
myRoomBud is a profitable, privately owned company started by kids, built by kids, and run by kids. What started out as a way to make a bit of extra money to buy Mom some cowboy boots for Christmas has grown into a thriving business. myRoomBud designs and sells costume covers for iRobot Roombas. With over 2.5 million Roombas with loving homes and over half of the Roomba owners already naming their Roombas, that sound you hear is the call of those Roombas from all over the world screaming for clothes. The company has sold product in every state in the U.S. and as far away as Australia and Japan. myRoomBud has been featured in USA Today, many national and local newspapers, books and too many blogs to count.
... and as we always say, "If you don't dress up your Roomba, it's just a naked vacuum." From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) Founder & CEO @ Founded Immersive Design, Inc. and grew the business into a leader in the interactive 3D publishing market. Immersive Design developed and and sold software applications to discreet manufacturing companies for the generation of interactive 3D assembly, installation and service manuals. Oversaw all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, development and finance. Full responsibility of the short and long term goals for the company.
• Bootstrapped the initial start-up venture
• Raised initial round of venture capital from Fidelity Ventures
• Grew worldwide distribution channel and signed over 200 value added resellers
• Facilitated direct sales to large accounts including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Eaton, Michelin, USPS, and John Deere
• Negotiated OEM deals for rebranding of company software application and later negotiated the sale of the software
• Built marketing and development partnerships with major vendors in the 3D and mechanical engineering industry including Adobe, SolidWorks, PTC, Siemens, and AutoDesk. From 1995 to 2008 (13 years) Senior Software Engineer @ - Developed the first interactive 3D rendering functionality for Computervision’s CADDS product line.
- Architected and designed the interactive display subsytem for CADDS5
- Developed embedded graphics memory allocation schemes in partnership with Raster Technologies / Alliant Computer Systems for the GX4000 3D graphics accelerator board set. From December 1987 to October 1995 (7 years 11 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension