President & CEO @ Regal Holding Corporation, Americas
Chairman of the Board of Directors @ The National Center for the Prevention of Home Improvement Fraud (NCPHIF)
President & CEO Americas @ EGLO Leuchten GmbH
St. Joseph's College (ME)
High integrity, energetic Business Building Executive known for envisioning and creating successful outcomes in complex and challenging situations. Diverse industry and functional expertise, with a tenacious commitment to driving sales, profit and market share growth. Intuitive ability to assess/triage organizations and quickly re-energize a business with innovative revenue strategy and tactical execution. Visionary thought leader who anticipates
High integrity, energetic Business Building Executive known for envisioning and creating successful outcomes in complex and challenging situations. Diverse industry and functional expertise, with a tenacious commitment to driving sales, profit and market share growth. Intuitive ability to assess/triage organizations and quickly re-energize a business with innovative revenue strategy and tactical execution. Visionary thought leader who anticipates and embraces change. Passionate, confident and inspiring team builder able to communicate across all levels of an organization to establish commitment. Skilled at guiding companies and individuals to achieve aggressive goals and consistently exceed targeted expectations. Successful in Strategic Sales & Business Planning, Channel Management & Growth (Retail/ Wholesale/E-tail/Distributor), Customer Acquisition & Retention, Team-building/Coaching, Complex Negotiations, Internet & Catalog Sales, Partnership Building, Global Business Development, Fortune 500 Business Wins, Key Account Management, Market Research & Analysis, Rapid Response Turnaround, Vision and Mission Alignment, Goal and Accountability Implementation, Relationship Building with Key Decision Makers, Go-To-Market Launches/"Game Changing" techniques, Entrepreneurial Leadership and Management, Corporate Sales Ambassador/Face of the Company, Change Management/Reorganization, Wholesale/Retail/Distributor Expertise, Hard & Soft Lines
Specialties: - Strategic Planning
- Profitability Improvement
- Productivity/Operational Streamlining
- Global Sourcing/Manufacturing
- Innovative Product Development: U.S. Patent Holder
- Packaging Design
- Brand & Identity
- Competitive Analysis
- POP & Visual Merchandising
- Supplier Dev.
- Product QA & Testing
- Vendor Negotiations
- Supply Chain Management
- Roles & Responsibilities Dev.
- Private Label Brand Development
President & CEO @ A leading provider of functional and decorative durable products. Strategic focus on LED technologies and product execution of a portfolio that includes a wide variety of specification-grade lighting products for various markets and applications, including residential, commercial, hospitality & retail. Key channels include home improvement and mass retailers, showrooms and supply houses, MRO & e-commerce sites.
In addition to our primary business(es) we also have Certiz Premier Products Ltd., a subsidiary of Regal Holdings Corporation. One of the few foreign invested companies in China with more than 20 years of experience in import and export, Regal Holdings Corporation is committed to provide every product with first – class standards, excellent designs and high quality service for our global consumers.
Certiz is an Internet-based business that was formed with the aim and dedication to make it easy and hassle-free for reputable businesses and clientele of a higher caliber to sell premium and authentic products online anywhere in China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to become the go-to platform for cross-border trade and help businesses of all sizes to expand their business and growth in China and beyond. www.evokk.com
Certiz currently has offices in Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Zhongshan. Our registered office in Hong Kong will directly engaged in business contractual matters with partners all over the world. From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Chairman of the Board of Directors @ The National Center for the Prevention of Home Improvement Fraud is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. NCPHIF was created to help protect consumers from becoming victims of home improvement or home repair contractor fraud. Our mission is to educate homeowners BEFORE they begin a home improvement or home repair project, to greatly reduce the chances of victimization or fraud. By empowering homeowners with valuable information and resources around the topics of “Best Practices” for starting a project, we can begin to win the war on contractor fraud and claim our communities Contractor “Fraud-Free Zones.”
PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/NCPHIF From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Greater Atlanta AreaPresident & Consultant @ C Level International and Domestic Consultant to National Retailers, Independent Retailers and Suppliers. Specializing in Domestic & Global Sourcing, Merchandising, Marketing Strategies, Business Planning, New Product Development, Engineering and Execution.
Creation and Implementation of Go-to-Market Strategies:
• Research/initial market evaluation to effectively link new product development with business strategy/target customers
• Ideation focused on Innovation and Differentiation
• Vendor Sourcing
• Prototyping and Testing
• Visual Merchandising & Point of Purchase Materials
• Evaluation of existing Sales and Marketing Strategies and Staffing
• Development of KPI’s that align teams across an organization in achievement of corporate goals
- LED Lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Luxury Pet Accessories
- Golf Equipment & Accessories
- Fishing Gear & Tackle
- Boutique Liquor, Wine, Coffee, Cigars & Accessories
- Furniture & Accessories
- Glass Tile
- Decorative Landscape Materials
- Photography Accessories
- E-Commerce site development and launch From 2010 to Present (5 years) President & CEO @ A leading provider of functional and decorative lighting and decor products. Key channels include home improvement retailers, showrooms and supply houses, MRO, mass retail/clubs & select e-commerce sites.
• Wrote the new Strategic Plan; put in place MBO’s/KPI's tying pay to performance. Top-Graded leadership team.
• Put company on a strong growth charter, with several new channel/market initiatives.
Multiple divisions focused on the design, manufacturing and selling of functional, security, portable, decorative exterior and interior lighting. Multi-national organization with offices in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Toronto, Hong Kong and mainland China. From 2006 to February 2010 (4 years) Senior Vice President @ Sales, Marketing and Product Development of proprietary product marketed by high volume and DIY retailers, nationally and internationally. Developed and launched best selling products in the multiple categories including: Exterior Lighting, Recessed (Incandescent & LED), Decorative Fluorescent & Interior Lighting. From August 2006 to December 2008 (2 years 5 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Vice President, Sales, Marketing & Product Development/Merchandising @ Responsible for developing, leading and implementing strategic business plans, new business development opportunities, sales strategies, marketing strategies, branding strategies, new product development and category management processes that are actionable, in line with company objectives and drive revenue growth.
Multiple divisions focused on the design, manufacturing and sales of functional, security, portable, decorative exterior and interior lighting. Expertise in LED, Fluorescent and Incandescent light sources. Multinational organization with offices in LA, Atlanta, Toronto, Hong Kong and mainland China. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaSenior Vice President @ Sales and Marketing to independent lighting showrooms across the United States.
http://www.designersftn.net/ From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaMerchant @ Strategic Planning
• Incorporated customer insights, external competitive trends, and top-down direction to set the overall strategy for the business category.
• Anticipated market/business trends and pro-actively managed those trends to the benefit of the company and customers.
• Developed annual and longer-term strategic plans to manage and grow the business.
• Understand competitors’ strengths, weaknesses and strategies and planned response to them.
Business Performance / Financial Management
• Accountable for merchandise performance, recommended revisions to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis and ensured corrective actions were implemented.
Product Design / Sourcing / Vendor Management
• Partnered with the suppliers on product design to drive innovation and differentiation.
• Partnered with suppliers and sourcing team on overseas production of product.
• Established and maintained effective vendor relationships and worked with the adjacent departments to strengthen relationships and product and trend knowledge.
• Directed assortment selection process and reviewed assortment for balance (brands, key items, core items, etc.) and adherence to strategic and financial objectives.
• Oversaw and approved line reviews.
• Worked with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that support overall strategy of in-stock positioning for key merchandise categories, classifications, items and vendors.
• Established collaborative relationships with global sourcing and inventory replenishment team to ensure availability and the timely delivery of merchandise.
• Partnered with advertising/marketing/customer experience teams support promotional and regular marketing strategies.
• Reviewed and approved the promotional plans.
• Partnered with Store Operations to drive in-store execution of the merchandising strategy taking in account store capabilities and responsibilities. From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Greater Atlanta AreaGeneral Manager/Director of Global Sourcing, Product Development & National Sales @ Lead Operations, Product Development, Global Sourcing/Direct Imports, National Sales and distribution of a high-end decorative lighting line on behalf of this $40 million company. Held responsibility for quality control, vendor management, customer relations and sourcing. Managed a team of 40 sales reps.
· Average shipping lead time of 48 hours.
· Sales of $15+ million through custom fabrication and finishing, importation of cataloged assortment from European (Spain, Italy, France, England, Poland (others)) and Asian sources; managed staff of more than 125.
· hotel and hospitality design markets with custom fabrication and finishing service while maintaining market niche by providing traditional lighting focusing on high end lighting showrooms.
· http://www.worldimportsdesigns.com/ From 1996 to 2001 (5 years) Greater Atlanta AreaActive Duty @ Various active duty positions including: Special Assistant to SecDef, Combat Service Support, Administration, Career Management, Combat Arms, Aviation & Training. Fully retired in 2001.
Sixteen years leading diversely and highly skilled people in complex, mutli-disciplinary organizations: Six years in upper-management executive staff, and ten plus years making management decisions and directly advising executives of the Marine Corps. Consistently and quickly adapts to changing environments, people and management styles. Recognized for mentoring, coaching, and earning the respect of superiors, peers, and subordinates from diverse backgrounds. Management and Operations: Astute operational acumen; accomplished at integrating and coordinating multiple organizations. Recognized as a results-oriented professional with exceptional skills in solving complex problems using innovative approaches and ideas. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of operations, project development and planning; qualified to develop and implement policies, procedures and plans. Leadership: Established an incredible record of trust at the highest levels of military. Successful leader of large and diverse groups of people during both peacetime and combat. Fosters team cohesion and sets high standards for all without compromise or redefinition. From 1981 to 1996 (15 years) Public Relations Associate - Part-time @ From September 1985 to May 1990 (4 years 9 months)
Executive MBA Program, Business Administration, Management and Operations @ Auburn UniversityBS, Business, Management, Marketing @ St. Joseph's College (ME)Holy Cross High School - New Orleans, LA Greg John is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Product Development, Competitive Analysis, Strategy, Marketing Strategy, New Business Development, Sales Management, Merchandising, Supply Chain Management, Retail, Purchasing, Forecasting, Manufacturing, Sales, Leadership