Non Executive Director @ Marine & General Mutual
Non Executive Director @ Metropolitan Police Friendly Society
University of Glasgow
I am a CEO / CFO with a range of Non Executive roles. I have a wide range of experience of leading in a growing business and also managing a business with major challenges. My roles have extended across all aspects of business operations and included significant Board and regulator interaction. My actuarial qualification provides a sound
I am a CEO / CFO with a range of Non Executive roles. I have a wide range of experience of leading in a growing business and also managing a business with major challenges. My roles have extended across all aspects of business operations and included significant Board and regulator interaction. My actuarial qualification provides a sound platform for understanding the business financials and I have extensive experience of developing and implementing strategy.
Chief Executive Officer @ The FPA is a self regulatory body for the UK funeral planning industry. My role involves ensuring the FPA strategy and operations develop to protect the interests of funeral planning customers. This is achieved through working with the FPA Board and its independent Compliance Committee. From December 2014 to Present (11 months) MaidstoneNon Executive Director @ Chair of Audit Committee From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Non Executive Director @ Chair of Audit Committee From February 2008 to Present (7 years 9 months) Tunbridge WellsGroup Finance Director @ • Successful transition of Finance, Actuarial and Investment areas from The Children’s Mutual into Foresters.
• Developed new Management Information / Board reporting with greater focus on sources of profit and future actions.
• Development of UK business strategy and supporting business plan. From April 2013 to December 2013 (9 months) Bromley, United KingdomChief Executive @ • Transferred the business to Foresters including all commercial and regulatory negotiations
• Successfully led my executive team and the people in the business through a period of strategic uncertainty retaining all key employees
• Developed customer interaction and consequently generated record levels of new customer contributions during a period of significant change.
• Reduced annual expenditure by £15m pa From September 2010 to April 2013 (2 years 8 months) Chief Operating Officer @ • Implemented and then managed a new outsourcing arrangement to manage a step change in the scale of the business
• Responsible for the commercial terms for distribution deals with significant retail, affinity and financial services partners.
• Designed and implemented innovative capital raising programme.
• Implemented a revised risk management process.
• Implemented a new people strategy focusing on personal development.
• Reviewed and implemented new outsourced fund management relationships. From 2000 to September 2010 (10 years) Various @ From 1986 to June 2000 (14 years)
Fellow of the Faculty of Actuaries @ Faculty of ActuariesBSC, Mathematics Statistics @ The University of Glasgow From 1982 to 1986 Graeme McAusland is skilled in: Business Strategy, Investments, Stakeholder Management, Pensions, Financial Services, Risk Management, Business Transformation, Insurance, Business Planning, Strategy, Change Management, Outsourcing, Solvency II, Business Analysis, Governance, Strategic Financial..., Wealth Management, Operational Risk, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Board Governance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension