Course Grader @ Grade homeworks/quizzes for certain undergraduate math courses at Duke University, specifically Math 356 (Differential Equations) and Math 230 (Probability) From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaResearch Assistant @ Create and distribute surveys using Qualtrics for almost all organizations, courses, groups, or programs on campus to gather participant data
Course Grader @ Grade homeworks/quizzes for certain undergraduate math courses at Duke University, specifically Math 356 (Differential Equations) and Math 230 (Probability) From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaResearch Assistant @ Create and distribute surveys using Qualtrics for almost all organizations, courses, groups, or programs on campus to gather participant data and information. Make reports to analyze and summarize these data using Excel. Manipulate data to conveniently and accurately answer statistical questions by programming SAS. Publish these reports for viewing to researchers and/or the public. Selected achievements include:
• Single-handedly completed a long-term project evaluating the change in response trends from paper to online course evaluations for all university undergraduate courses.
• Collected survey data and produced reports for over 50 university program populations. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaOffice Assistant @ General clerical projects, including scanning, filing, assembling and mailing info packets, organizing the personal information of all students receiving loans, and spreading campus awareness. Selected achievements include:
• Diligently moved hard copy filing system online by linking hundreds of students’ paperwork and information to their respective online accounts. Required immense attention to detail.
• Gave student loan information sessions and workshops, presenting to undergraduate students. From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina AreaActuarial Intern @ Perform practical actuarial assignments in an 11-week training environment. Participate in professional and personal development sessions, including presentation skills training, discussions with management, and actuarial student forums. Assigned, completed, and presented on an individual project. Selected achievements include:
• Worked with the Modeling (ALM) unit in the Life/Health Insurance Actuarial Department to complete summer project using Prophet Studio, Prophet Enterprise, Microsoft Excel, and SAS.
• Significantly increased accuracy of important measurements and projections in the Traditional line model. Added distinctions to certain variables to further refine model and analyze on more granular level. From May 2015 to August 2015 (4 months) Bloomington/Normal, Illinois AreaProfessional Tutor @ Tutored and facilitated the studies of students ages K-12 in math and reading for those getting ahead and those falling behind alike. Kept track of each individual’s homework and progress in school. Achievements include:
• Simultaneously taught calculus to high school seniors while teaching kindergarteners how to read. From December 2011 to August 2013 (1 year 9 months) Sales Associate @ Typical cashier duties, along with selling Sears credit cards, giving general customer service, working inventory, and organizing product display. Worked in various departments, including hardware, kids, juniors’ clothing, and men’s clothing. Selected achievements include:
• 95% customer Shop Your Way Rewards recruiting percentage
• Learned how to successfully appeal to and sell to people from different demographics. From May 2012 to August 2012 (4 months) Waitress @ From May 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 4 months) Swim Coach @ From September 2009 to August 2012 (3 years)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Mathematics and Computer Science majors, Statistics minor, Senior @ Duke University From 2012 to 2016 Grace Mao is skilled in: Python, Java, SQL, SAS, R, Matlab, Prophet, Microsoft Excel, Actuarial Science, Life Insurance, Programming, Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Mathematics, Problem Solving, Microsoft Office, Customer Service
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension