Principal II, Software Dev & Engineering @ Comcast Cable
Sr. Solution Architect @ Push Technology Limited
Software Engineering Manager @ Dynamit
Director of Technology @ Working on a number of large scale and high throughput solutions for our clients. Please contact sales to learn more! From November 2014 to Present (1 year) Austin, Texas AreaSenior Software Engineer @ Development lead for several high scalability projects involving push notification for large nationwide telecom carriers. Deployments in the order of
Director of Technology @ Working on a number of large scale and high throughput solutions for our clients. Please contact sales to learn more! From November 2014 to Present (1 year) Austin, Texas AreaSenior Software Engineer @ Development lead for several high scalability projects involving push notification for large nationwide telecom carriers. Deployments in the order of millions of endpoints had to function seamlessly and efficiently. Considerable challenges included finding and fixing 3rd party FOSS scalability issues.
Troubleshooting critical system issues under pressure, both internally and customer systems, was a widely recognized achievement.
As a "Product Security Prime" I was consulted frequently when discussing complex security designs and vulnerability analysis.
A "can do" attitude and desire to help my teammates was something I enjoyed giving to my friends and colleagues at Alcatel-Lucent.
• SOA design and architecture.
• RESTful patterns (not just HTTP RPC).
• Apache Camel, Apache CXF, Spring, and OSGi.
• Java (development, debugging, and multi-threading)
• XMPP and ejabberd
• RHEL 5 and RHEL 6
• TCP/IP and SSL From August 2011 to October 2014 (3 years 3 months) Austin, Texas AreaSenior Developer & Architect @ I have been responsible for green field development, enhancement, and maintenance of multiple client projects; including full e-commerce, inventory management, and social networking websites. My career experience with a broad range of technology platforms and performance optimization were invaluable during a number of large scale roll outs. My exposure to client stakeholders throughout my career also helped deliver value above and beyond my technical skill set.
Challenging Client Projects:
• California Medical Association: I focused on the back-end and middle-tier, PCI-DSS compliance, bespoke integration with ClearVantage, and the challenge of gathering and implementing complex business requirements for their “membership dues calculation” engine.
• American Electric Power: Implementation of a company wide strategic corporate knowledge base Wiki. The project employed heavy customization of the data entry user experience to allow WYSIWYG editing. And significant enhancement of an existing workflow package to facilitate easy edit/review cycles. Role: primary consultant and senior developer.
• Ohio State Medical Association: Working closely with the front-end team I designed the back-end integration with ASI's iMIS Relationship Management Suite. I enjoyed the challenge of creating a reliable interface between the systems that resisted network, application, and business rule failures. Role: developer converted to primary consultant for maintenance.
• Bottom Line Restaurant Solutions: Design and implementation of a complex pricing engine that lowers costs to the restaurant industry by exploiting food supplier arbitrage.
• HTML/CSS and LAMP/WAMP: Linux, Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP
• SQL Server, AJAX, T-SQL, Akamai CDN (Content Delivery Network)
• SVN, TCP/IP, SSL, and DNS internetworking troubleshooting. From February 2007 to July 2011 (4 years 6 months) Austin, Texas AreaSoftware Engineer @ I emigrated from the UK to US with a permanent resident status (green card). I used the time to explore the open source world, PHP, and MySQL to understand their place in the technology landscape.
• StreamingTank.com software implementation, including, development and implementation of “The Who’s Live European Web Cast”, “BBC It’s Not Funny Viral Video Website” and development of a bespoke WebTV content management system.
• Misc. small website maintenance projects.
• Technologies: HTML/CSS and LAMP, Joomla, Akamai CDN and Internet Protocols. From July 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 7 months) Austin, TXSenior Java Developer & Architect @ My role of senior developer for Corporate System at Barclays Capital’s head office required the flexibility of being the go-to-guy for all Java, Unix and Oracle developments. In addition to my technical role I supported my manager by provided coverage and day-to-day tasks delegation.
• Designed and developed a RAD IT asset reconciliation system. Launched within two months of receiving requirements and resulted in the identification of 500 idle data centre servers. My role included regular meetings with the project sponsor and IT functional heads that drove the people side of the process.
• Designed and developed an IT asset impact analysis module that interrogated a Remedy AR System database. It identified potentially impacted applications using a minimum spanning tree algorithm that generated sub second analysis reports.
• Performed technical interviews for a number of London and Singapore based developers.
• “Parachuted” into a number of high profile projects to assist in TCP/IP, Internetworking and Distributed Systems troubleshooting. In each instance my years of network and software architecture experience turned these critical problems around.
• Java, Oracle, JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Tomcat, Apache, Jetty (servlet container).
• High performance “Minimum Spanning Tree” algorithm implementation.
• TCP/IP and WAN Internetworking knowledge.
• Solaris and Windows NT / 2000 / XP. From March 2003 to June 2005 (2 years 4 months) London, United KingdomSenior Developer @ I was responsible for gathering requirements and architecting the “Deutsche Bank HR Performance Management” (B2E) system with the business's HR consultant. I then led the team through an n-tier J2EE (BEA Weblogic 6.0) implementation.
During the maintenance and support phase my responsibilities covered setting standards for code reviews, knowledge transfer, rollouts to new platforms, capacity planning (aiding manager budget projections), streamlining team processes and troubleshooting production outages.
Strong and detailed technical knowledge of communications and code optimization techniques allowed me to improve a mature code base, leading to a 33% reduction in annual running costs.
Throughout this full lifecycle project (started while at Bond Technologies in Jan 2001) a combination of business and technical proficiency in many areas were required.
• UML requirements gathering and constructed high level design for team.
• Oracle 22.214.171.124 database using stored procedures, CLOBs and global temporary tables.
• Apache, Java JSP, and Java J2EE EJBs.
• AIX and Solaris rollouts. From January 2001 to February 2003 (2 years 2 months) London, United KingdomSenior Consultant @ Each client engagement demanded highly professional conduct while representing the consultancy and the client’s project team to the business stakeholders.
• Deutsche Bank HR Performance Management System serving 90,000 employees.
• Fox Kids European websites with 2 million users in 14 countries. www.foxkids.com
• Troubleshooting networking issues on the NME website. www.nme.com
• Organizing and running Java training classes for Bond consultants.
• Following market trends and giving feedback to the industry sales desks. From June 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 7 months) London, United KingdomTechnical Consultant @ Responsible for a number of complex, 'one-man' based developments and a critical team member in larger projects. This multi-role experience facilitated a clear understanding of the technologies and the life cycle required to achieve quality software delivery. Primary technologies: Windows NT and C++. From May 1996 to June 2000 (4 years 2 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Engineer @ Working with System X exchange configuration software for GPT (GEC Plessey Telecom). From August 1994 to May 1996 (1 year 10 months) Borehamwood, Hertfordshire UK
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension