I am an experienced media professional who is passionate about communicating to others through creativity and innovation. I have created, written and produced a wide range of media content for diverse types of worldwide audiences, specially US Hispanic and Latin American markets. I have acquired a deep knowledge of those markets during a long career that includes
I am an experienced media professional who is passionate about communicating to others through creativity and innovation. I have created, written and produced a wide range of media content for diverse types of worldwide audiences, specially US Hispanic and Latin American markets. I have acquired a deep knowledge of those markets during a long career that includes working at several of the most prestigious companies in the mass communications industry such as Univision Studios, Imagina US, HBO Networks, Sony Pictures & Entertainment, Hispanic Communications Network and Chambers Lopez Strategies.
I have successfully sailed through all kinds of responsibilities including staffing, people management, budgeting and logistics; my leadership style is based in the understanding of everyone’s strengths and skills, constantly setting the example with my devotion and respect for the client’s needs or the audience’s values.
I can develop a creative strategy and then propose the content to fulfill its milestones, I can also create or adapt messages from English to Spanish while maintaining the proposed meanings and messages of the originals and still achieving the client’s goals by tailoring the wording, look and feel to reach particular target groups, specially when there are more than one cultural background involved which is critical among Hispanics.
I am capable of producing audiovisual content using a wide and solid network of providers, in time and in budget.
Please, have a great day and thank you for reading my profile!
Specialties: Creative writing, media production, developing communications and marketing print and audiovisual materials, transcreation and adaptation of messaging from English to Spanish, budgeting media projects, managing media, communications and advertising projects.
Development Associate @ • Generated new ideas and concepts of media products for multi-platform outlets
• Regularly reviewed and evaluated all production values and elements in fiction and non-fiction television programming
• Created and designed sales pitches and presentations for potential clients and sponsors
• Edited and adapted media formats to the values and characteristics of the Latin American and US Hispanic markets From October 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaConsultant Hispanic makrkets @ Production Coordinator & Creative Consultant for Chamber Lopez Strategies (08/2014 – 11/2014)
• Composed and edited scripts and content for Spanish language political campaigns.
• Directed recording and editing sessions of voice talents. Audio and video materials for political purposes
Production & Spanish Language Creative Consultant for Williams Whittle Agency (10/2013 – 03/2014)
• Composed, edited and adapted Spanish language scripts and content.
• Produced and directed 4 radio ads.
• Proof read Spanish language advertising materials. From October 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 2 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaProduction & Creative Services Director @ • Oversaw all creative development, programming distribution, and outreach campaigns for educational and informational media distributor serving U.S. Hispanic communities
• Wrote press releases and media advisories both in English and Spanish
• Managed budget and staffing for five (5)-person division; administer content databases comprising several thousand radio and video spots, as well as their providers and talent
• Led and drafted strategic development efforts for sponsored and non-sponsored campaigns targeting Latin American markets via radio, television, and web-based platforms, to include:
International AIDS Conference 2012 (nation-wide promotional multimedia campaign)
“Phone in One Hand. Ticket in the Other” (regional campaign against impaired driving)
National Council of La Raza’s (national pro-voting campaign)
Prince George County’s Spanish-language communication during Hurricane Sandy
“Bienvenidos a America” (executive producer, live radio show on immigration topics)
• Adapted English-to-Spanish scripting of radio voiceovers/narrations, video, and online content From July 2012 to January 2013 (7 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaProduction Manager / Integration Producer @ • Managed key producer-stakeholder relationships for primetime’s El Talisman, securing 5M+ viewers upon debut, the highest premiering U.S.-produced novela in history
Positioned Univision as #2 broadcast network, behind Fox, for the entire night among Adults 18-34; 8pm time slot: #2 and #4 among Men and Women 18-34, respectively
• Negotiated multimillion-dollar advertising deals, integrating products and brands directly into program plot, satisfying client requirements for messaging and benefits
• Led engagement with internal clients, international production companies and agencies, celebrity talent, and international press on behalf of Univision’s production team From November 2011 to July 2012 (9 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaLogistics Producer @ • Supervised logistics for 200+ cast and crew of major U.S.-based reality television program Protagonistas, El Reality for Univision Networks;
• Coordinated both employee and VIP travel to casting sites and filming locations
• Ensured streamlined transactions with 30+ vendors and suppliers; managed overall production design and resources for video, audio, and lighting equipment
• Directed staffing process for critical production-team positions From August 2011 to November 2011 (4 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaIndependent Sales Contractor @ • Solicited clients, utilizing bilingual and international business experience, for Houston-based register tape advertising company (represented in over 7,000 stores and 42 states) From May 2011 to July 2011 (3 months) Fairfax, VirginiaHead Producer @ • Led onsite production of 25 live-broadcasted HBO Boxing programs from cities in the U.S., Argentina, and Mexico, serving U.S. and international sports markets
• Supervised a team of 50+ crew members, overseeing graphics, live audio, real-time commentary, art settings, and other technical aspects for each program
• Generated post-action performance reports to identify improvements and leverage efficiencies for HBO’s production process; presented to network officials From December 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 5 months) Coral Gables, Florida. USACreative Consultant @ • Evaluated television-programming proposals in international markets by writing expert reviews, identifying efficiencies, and targeting weaknesses of various programs
• Applied extensive experience in Latin American television-viewing trends to advise Sony management on program quality; directly impacted decision-making process From August 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 5 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaPress & Media Secretary @ • Led communications initiatives on behalf of community-financed college scholarship and mentorship program, serving immigrant students in the National Capital Region
• Wrote web content, press releases and media advisories promoting the organization’s agenda
• Established and maintained relationships with news outlet and communication companies for public outreach; published press releases, articles, and announcements highlighting activities, events, and achievements of the organization From January 2009 to August 2009 (8 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaFounder / Co-Owner, Creative and Production Director @ • Launched the first information and entertainment audiovisual system for private universities in Venezuela, including campuses in Caracas, Maracaibo, and Valencia
• Led the creative team in writing and producing marketing and sales strategies to expand and promote the network; achieved over 100,000 users at its peak
• Advised and delivered creative consultancy to international clients, such as Unilever Corporation and Faber-Castell, to expand their marketing presence in Venezuela From July 2005 to December 2007 (2 years 6 months) Caracas, VenezuelaCreative Manager & Executive Producer @ • Held managerial and operational roles at On Air Promotions and production departments for television networks and media companies, including RCTV, TELEVEN, TOP Productions; creator of original television concepts and formats
• Enabled and produced over 1,000 hours of Venezuela’s televised media products, including musicals, talk shows, sports programming, and game shows From March 1996 to June 2005 (9 years 4 months)
B.A, Mass Communications @ Universidad Católica Andrés Bello From 1986 to 1992 Master, Administration; Business Management @ Universidad Metropolitana From 1996 to 1998 Colegio Don Bosco Altamira From 1972 to 1986 Gonzalo Bernal is skilled in: Media Production, Creative Writing, Public Relations, Media Relations, Commercials, Computers, Music, Film Production, Television, Video Production, Video, Film, Entertainment, Producing, Team Leadership, Creativity, Microsoft Technologies, Musicians, Self-starter, Social Networking, Multimedia, Advertising, Publishing, New Media, Broadcast, Marketing, Digital Media, Reality, Sound, Final Cut Pro, Video Editing, Broadcast Television, Content Strategy, Post Production, Documentaries, Web Video, Screenwriting, Voice Over, Reality TV
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension