Bachelor, Journalism & Mass Communication @
University of Oklahoma
Meticulous and accomplished broadcast & electronic media professional with comprehensive experience in writing, editing, and technical production, including live event and studio production. Skilled in print and online editing, site survey, live audio/visual production (LCD projectors, Mac and PC laptops, wired and wireless microphones, multichannel mixers, video switchers, cables); technically proficient in, CLEARcut Studio, Deko, VizTrio, Duet,
Meticulous and accomplished broadcast & electronic media professional with comprehensive experience in writing, editing, and technical production, including live event and studio production. Skilled in print and online editing, site survey, live audio/visual production (LCD projectors, Mac and PC laptops, wired and wireless microphones, multichannel mixers, video switchers, cables); technically proficient in, CLEARcut Studio, Deko, VizTrio, Duet, Final Cut Pro, Dreamweaver/HTML Language, Flash, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Avid, Microsoft Office, Windows, Captivate screen capturing, and Apple (Keynote, Pages, Numbers) operating systems.
Motion Graphics Controller @ • Executes graphics using ESPN developed playout applications for remote and studio productions utilizing VizRt and Chyron graphics systems.
• Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions.
• Reports malfunctions of equipment and contacts Electronic Systems Support (ESS) for repairs.
• Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Bristol, CTAssociate Media Operator @ • Monitors and transfers media for optimal “on-air” performance
• Duplicates and converts media files in standard and high definition
• Enforces close captioning and Calm Act requirements for US domestic television
• Catalogs and archives media for future “on-air” use
• Uses problem solving, troubleshooting techniques, and effective communication to successfully resolve complex situations
• Executes quality control steps and applicable ESPN Technical Standard Operating Procedures to daily workflow
• Receives good feedback from daily shift report, bi-monthly accomplishment report, and bi-yearly professional development report
• Trains and mentors new and veteran employees to perform on the fly edits and fulfill customer service requests
• Spearheads special projects relating to editing, duplicating, and archiving media for outside vendor requests aspects
• Operates live broadcasting equipment, including production switcher, EVS replay, and live video playback From January 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 3 months) Bristol, CTProduction Assistant @ • Managed a team of 3 Production Assistants to research, produce, and execute elements for the 2012 WNBA season
• Researched and conducted site surveys for self-produced audio/visual productions and coordinated lightning, set design, and scripting
• Supported production teams for studio and live events
• Researched league news to create graphical statistics and special video elements to enhance live events using Viz Trio, Lyric, Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premier respectively
• Conferred with senior management to determine and achieve the desired video and audio elements needed for productions
• Screened, logged, transcribed, and clipped footage for events; organized graphic and video elements for seasonal use
• Provided timely, accurate, and complete delivery of multimedia elements to various outside media entities
• Maintained MS Excel logs and archived video for future production use
• Maintained updated production manuals and elements for training purposes
• Shipped and delivered production material in a timely manner
• Managed game day video element and graphical element delivery to “on-air” performance From June 2010 to January 2013 (2 years 8 months) Bristol, CTProduction Assistant @ • Responsible for proper set-up and operation of studio and production equipment
• Recorded and replay live event clips using IP Director
• Operated studio cameras and production switcher for live events
• Performed EVS/LSM operations to include instant replay, slow-motion, high-motion, super motion, rough cut, editing, video playlist and content management
• Researched and conducted site surveys for self-produced audio/visual productions and coordinated lightning, set design, and scripting From October 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 8 months) Norman, OKMultimedia Intern @ • Managed online content, performed editing and proofread all content
• Developed and maintained content for website
• Managed multiple multimedia launches and projects for multiple platforms including television, magazine, and web
• Responsible for reporting all college social and professional activities
• Developed and emailed weekly newsletters without missing any deadlines
• Maintained AP writing standards; consulted various and style guides when needed From September 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 9 months) Norman, OKGraphic Producer & Fill-in Technical Director & Camera Operator @ • Managed and prepared full-screen, over the shoulder, and lower third text as well as operated and using Deko character generator during live broadcasts
• Developed layout designs and color schemes for appropriate uses (sports show, newscasts, entertainment show)
• Operated production switcher for live event production and live to tape production
• Assembles and set up studio and “live look” camera and lighting equipment
• Liaised with technical staff concerning camera shot composition during broadcast
• Controlled switcher-mixer unit to switch cameras, fade from one picture to another, or superimpose one image upon another as indicated by script or as cued by Director From August 2006 to May 2010 (3 years 10 months) Norman, OKMultimedia Intern @ • Worked closely with producer to develop SoundSlides and audio packages.
• Produced media for multiple platforms, including radio and web.
• Wrote and edited site content while maintaining writing standards, style guides, and content plans. From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) Arlington, VAAssociate Producer @ • Produced major morning drive talk radio show.
• Researched daily show topics and pre-interviewed show guests.
• Edited and assembled audio clips for on-air and web use. From January 2009 to May 2009 (5 months) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma AreaOffice Automation Clerk @ • Provided assistance with PowerPoint presentation arrangements and organized meeting room configurations
• Delivered great customer service by: greeting customers, referring them to the right people, and arranging appointments
• Created labels, prepared envelopes, produced signs/brochures
• Manually entered information into programs/databases (appointments, contact information, customer records)
• Provided office support and performed various clerical tasks as needed
• Managed phones (multiple lines)
• Provided support and received orders for various requests
• Ordered new office supplies, maintained records of supply inventories
• Received and reviewed grant proposals for completeness and accuracy
• Maintained paper and electronic logs for office correspondence
• Provided logistical support for workshops, meetings, and other advisory board group meetings
• Created and maintained meeting files
• Arranged standard staff travel and trainings
• Provided data for standard staff performance reviews
• Maintained standard data in in-house project management system From June 2007 to January 2009 (1 year 8 months) Arlington, VAAssociate Producer @ • Monitored show public records.
• Researched daily show topics and pre-interviewed show guests.
• Rewrite wire copy and assemble newscast. From September 2004 to January 2005 (5 months) Washington D.C. Metro Area
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Project Management @ Southern New Hampshire University From 2015 to 2017 Bachelor, Journalism & Mass Communication @ University of Oklahoma From 2006 to 2010 Gernethia Rich is skilled in: Broadcast, Journalism, Editing, Photoshop, Graphic Design, Final Cut Pro, Video Editing, Video, Television, Avid, Multimedia, Camera Operation, Photography
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension