Legal Assistant @ Weatherford is one of the largest international oil and natural gas service companies. The company provides products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning. Weatherford currently operates in more than 100 countries across the globe and employs more than 60,000
Legal Assistant @ Weatherford is one of the largest international oil and natural gas service companies. The company provides products and services for drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention of oil and natural gas wells, along with pipeline construction and commissioning. Weatherford currently operates in more than 100 countries across the globe and employs more than 60,000 people:
- Inter-company agreements: jointly with tax, identify the need for IC agreements, finalize such drafts/forms and ensure they are executed and stored.
- Responding to queries related to MENA legal entities.
- Perform due diligence on new law firms, coordinate execution of engagement letters, process invoices and track legal spend.
- Prepare and maintain contracts and other legal templates and precedents.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of corporate documents including POA’s and resolutions.
- Assist with the review and negotiation of third party agreement From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Paralegal @ QIG is a leading Qatari Shareholding Company incorporated in the State of Qatar. The Company primarily engages in investment with subsidiary company’s shares, bonds and securities and plays a major role in industrial fields and investment fields in the region, primarily with the manufacture and sale of cement.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending Contractual Agreements, Amendment Agreements, Insurance
Policies, Employment Contracts, Partnership Agreements and major Project Contracts.
- Applying relevant Qatari and International Commercial Law to legal issues and disputes
- Responding to legal queries originating from QIG departments and subsidiary companies. Including but not limited to HR issues related to Qatar Labour Law and reviewing and drafting partnership agreements.
- Participating in international arbitration in coordination with designated third parties and the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Organizing, developing and delivering annual Ordinary and Extra – Ordinary General Assembly
Meetings in line with the Qatar Financial Market Authority and Qatar Exchange regulations. Content creation, coordination and production of Annual Reports and Corporate Governance Reports.
- Identifying issues and advising on appropriate action related to Al Khalij Cement Company’s (subsidiary company) Greenfield 2nd Line Cement Project in accordance with FIDIC.
- Negotiating terms of agreement between QIG or any of its subsidiaries with third parties
- Ensure compliance with international and Qatari law and other regulatory bodies within the State of Qatar. Including but not limited to; Qatar Financial Markets Authority, Qatar Commercial Company’s Law No (5) of 2002 and the Qatar Stock Exchange
- Representing the company in meetings with clients and in front of ministries From April 2013 to March 2015 (2 years) Paralegal @ Howes Percival LLP is a leading commercial law firm having offices in many large cities across the United Kingdom.
• Providing administrative assistance to the fee earner in a busy conveyancing department.
• Conducting land registry searches and submitting priority searches for both leasehold and freehold titles.
• Registering property with HM Land Registry and submitting Stamp Duty Land Tax returns upon completion
• Preparing and drafting contract papers, mortgage reports, bundles and Deed of Covenants relating to both the sale and purchase of land and property (leasehold and freehold).
• Processing the exchange and completion process of buying and selling land and property (leasehold and freehold)
• Liaising with clients, solicitors, estate agents and lenders in order to ensure a smooth and efficient transaction
• Working to ensure both team and individual targets are met
• Responding to raised inquiries within KPI’s set by management From April 2012 to February 2013 (11 months)
Law LLB @ University of Lincoln From 2009 to 2012 Philosophy, Psychology, English Languague, Critical Thinking @ Hinchingbrooke Sixth Form From 2007 to 2009 Sawtry Georgina Walker is skilled in: European Law, Employment Law, Professional Negligence, Management, Corporate Law, Negotiation, Real Estate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Legal Issues, Corporate Governance, Legal Assistance, Legal Research, International Arbitration, Team Leadership, Document Drafting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension