MBA, Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Information technology executive with expertise in infrastructure, application development, software quality testing, product development and management, technology rationalization, business process re-engineering and customer service. 22+ years of increasing responsibility with successful history across various industries including financial services, manufacturing, technology, logistics and utility services. Key strengths include leadership, strategy planning, business
MBA, Kellogg Graduate School of Management. Information technology executive with expertise in infrastructure, application development, software quality testing, product development and management, technology rationalization, business process re-engineering and customer service. 22+ years of increasing responsibility with successful history across various industries including financial services, manufacturing, technology, logistics and utility services. Key strengths include leadership, strategy planning, business partnership, execution, value delivery and technology development enabling mission critical systems, E-business solutions, business processes (financial trading, Order-to-Cash, ERP, Customer Service, Operations, Logistics, Fleet, Sales, M&A) and managed hosting solutions. Extensive experience with Data handling processes: information rationalization, automation, security and management. Delivered business value on next-generation technology portfolio (Cloud Computing, Collaboration, Social Media, Mobility, Big Data and Embedded Technologies). Demonstrated continuous success by establishing linkage between business strategy, IT strategy and organizational development. Global experience in all aspects of strategic, tactical, and operational IT management to solve complex transformational, innovative and operational business challenges. Laser focus on customer experience, quality, service delivery, value capture, communication and financial metrics. Entrepreneurial and business focused technocrat with excellent communication skills.
24x7x365 Global mission critical systems
Building high throughput, low latency financial trading systems; Latency Forensic
ERP systems (SAP, Peoplesoft, Siebel, MS Dynamic Nav)
Next Gen Tech (Virtualization, Cloud, Mobility, Collaboration, Big Data)
Internet of Things (IoT, IoE)
E-Strategy, E-Business, E-Commerce
ITIL, LEAN, TOGAF
Vice President IT @ Applications | Infrastructure | IT Operations | Field Services
IT Security | Software Quality Testing
Global responsibility for all aspects of Infrastructure, IT operations, and Field Services for 1500 locations. Deliver highly available, effective, innovative, value-based services, while ensuring security and business continuity. Manage an exceptionally complex, large-scale 24x7x365 organization, supporting all computing platforms.
Order-to-Cash | ERP
Customer Experience | Call Centers
Operations | Fleet Maintenance
Supply Chain Management | Procurement
Business Verticals | Recycling, National Accounts & Renewable Energy
Human Resource Business Systems
24x7x365 global mission critical systems
Building high throughput, low latency financial trading systems
ERP systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebel, Dynamic Nav)
Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud (SMAC)
M&As| P&L management
E-Strategy | E-Business | E-Commerce
Internet-of-Things | Data Hygiene
Value Focused Delivery
Value Realized Operations From May 2010 to Present (5 years 8 months) Houston, Texas AreaVice President, Infrastructure, Systems Software @ Responsible for the systems infrastructure and corporate applications of the CBOE. Duties included: infrastructure design and implementation, latency forensics and reduction, throughput optimization, performance/capacity planning, security management, disaster recovery, enterprise tools development, corporate application development, vendor relationships management, outsourcing management, communication and meetings with government agencies (SEC, CFTC, GAO), external auditors (Deloitte & Touché, Ernest Young) and financial administration of operations' budget.
•Managed the systems team for the trading floor and back-office by providing leadership to staff, which improved systems availability and project management disciplines; designed and developed systems to sustain 24x7x365 mission critical production environment.
•Significant business liability of $1+ million per minute for systems unavailability.
•Global trading system with an average daily turnover of $1 trillion through the systems.
•Designed and implemented high throughput, low latency, scalable, reliable and secure infrastructure that enabled 450,000 transactions per second electronic trading systems with response time in the microseconds.
•350 TB Data Warehouse systems was designed to handle 11+ TB growth/month with capacity of 20 billion records/day that provided business intelligence, streamlined regulatory compliance and enhanced productivity.
•Implemented Ticker plant infrastructure to support 2 million messages/second for incoming market data feeds.
•Build a state-of-art $26 million East Coast data center in 12 months to support additional business ventures.
•Enabled technology and equity partnerships with financial services firms to build, host, operate and manage global trading solutions for options, equities, futures and fixed income products. From April 2001 to May 2010 (9 years 2 months) Greater Chicago AreaDirector, Systems Software, Infrastructure @ • Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery Plan to facilitate Business Continuity, recovery and full service restoration. The nine months, $7.8 million project was on time and on budget.
• Developed policies and implemented comprehensive security infrastructure that enhanced business continuity.
• Implemented state-of-art Operations Centers to monitor and facilitate Options, Equities and Futures trading.
• Engineered ITIL service management solutions that eliminated manual processes, enhanced communication, solidified change management, and improved business efficiencies.
• Generated revenues with e-commerce and e-learning initiatives, serving 1+ million page views per day.
• Developed enterprise portal strategy and institutionalized Enterprise Content, Enterprise Output and Enterprise Scheduling strategies that improved information throughput, maximized resource utilization and reduced cost.
• Increased revenue by development of connectivity systems (FIX) for securities’ trading.
• Increased revenue by creating new products and extending distribution channels. From May 1998 to April 2001 (3 years) Greater Chicago AreaManager, Systems Software, Infrastructure @ • Transformed and re-engineered IT processes, technology and staff to align the org with business objectives.
• Implemented 40,000 sq ft trading floor wireless infrastructure with Cisco Access Points and digital certificates that helped in the ease of trading by providing mobility and security on the trading floor.
• Implemented Peoplesoft ERP system to manage HR business processes that reduce operational costs and increased efficiency by streamlining business processes and task automation. From September 1996 to May 1998 (1 year 9 months) Greater Chicago AreaManager, Networks @ • Designed and implemented fabrication factories’ IT infrastructure resulting in operationalizing $1 billion manufacturing production facilities. Mission critical 24 x 7 x 365 operation.
• Delivered enterprise solution and tools to manage systems and application that improved business continuity. From December 1994 to September 1996 (1 year 10 months) Austin, Texas AreaEngineer @ • Designed and developed multi-media electronic archive, retrieval and reporting application that created revenue stream.
• Developed communication application to provide E-business solution that led to entry into new market segment. From January 1992 to October 1994 (2 years 10 months) Baltimore, Maryland Area
MBA, General Management @ Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management From 1999 to 2001 B.S., Math @ Bowie State University From 1987 to 1992 BS, Electrical Engineering @ University of Maryland College Park From 1987 to 1992 Gautam Roy is skilled in: IT Management, Enterprise Software, IT Strategy, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Leadership, Disaster Recovery, Data Center, Process Improvement, Software Development, Enterprise Architecture, Security, Data Warehousing, IT Operations, Virtualization
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension