Associate Director, Public Health and Policy (Pricing, reimbursement and access) @ Eli Lilly and Company
Health Specialist @ UNICEF
Master of Public Health (MPH), Public Health; International Health, A @
Achieving excellence with integrity...
Trained physician and international health specialist with expertise in evidence based policy development, HEOR, Government affairs, access expansion, financial (donor) management, health programme design, implementation, action research, monitoring and evaluation; I work at the intersection of health care production, regulation and provision to the beneficiaries - partnering actively with Government, corporates, NGOs, UN,
Achieving excellence with integrity...
Trained physician and international health specialist with expertise in evidence based policy development, HEOR, Government affairs, access expansion, financial (donor) management, health programme design, implementation, action research, monitoring and evaluation; I work at the intersection of health care production, regulation and provision to the beneficiaries - partnering actively with Government, corporates, NGOs, UN, legislators, regulators and judiciary.
Experienced in: Health Policy Influencing, Evidence Based Policy-making, Pharmaceutical Policy, Health system reform, Health financing and health economics, HTA, Public-Private Partnerships, Quantitative Methods and Epidemiology. Extensive experience of project management for tropical diseases - Diarrhoea, Pneumonia and Management of Non Communicable Diseases (NCD - Diabetes, Cancer)
Director Health Economics @ Enhance market access for life saving oncolytic drugs across emerging markets including Asia, Russia, Australia, CIS, middle east and Africa - through evidence based health economic and policy analysis. From Juni 2015 to Present (7 Monate) Associate Director, Public Health and Policy (Pricing, reimbursement and access) @ Public Health: Working towards increasing awareness and access to prevention and treatment options to the policy makers, healthcare providers and the community, for various non-communicable disease - with special focus on Diabetes, Cancer, CVD and Osteoporosis.
- Lead the Government Affairs, Public Health and Health Policy function at Eli Lilly and Co. (India) Pvt Ltd. providing policy & stakeholder analysis & strategic direction related to public health and Government projects.
- Support internal Compliance processes from contractual, legal and policy perspective.
- Regional Subject Matter Expert on Health Economics for Eli Lilly and Co. Asia region providing HTA inputs for new drugs and devices
- Lead the corporate social responsibility activities of the company in India, directing the team for developing the corporate policies and communications for the company and enhancing brand equity of the company
- Facilitate access to government stakeholders and strategize for expanding market access of product portfolio with key payers like armed forces, CGHS, ESI.
- Establishing a system of using evidence for payer marketing and increasing market access
- Manage legal issues related to Pricing, IP (patents, trademarks) and corporate affairs of company in India.
- Represent Lilly at relevant trade body forums like OPPI, AMCHAM, PhRMA, USIBC, CII etc
- As subject matter expert, enable scientific and operational HEOR inputs to be embedded with strategic plans for disease area, clinical development plans, clinical outcome and access strategies
- Conduct budget impact analysis, cost-effectiveness evaluations, HTA analysis etc for innovative products in the portfolio From November 2012 to Februar 2015 (2 Jahre 4 Monate) Health Specialist @ Provide technical assistance and consultancy to state government on developing, strengthening and reforming health policies, through strategic planning, evidence based interventions and scaling up of high impact, cost-effective maternal and child health interventions in the state.
- Developed models for community and facility based care of infants for reducing infant mortality in the state
- Developed partnerships for maternal and child survival and support capacity development of partners in scaling up effective child survival interventions.
- Developed models of social marketing of ORS and Zinc for diarrhoea prevention and treatment
- Supported development of innovative models for increasing immunization coverage in the state
- Managed UNICEF's health program for the state of Uttar Pradesh, developing technical innovations managing an annual budget of US$ 2 million, supervising a team of 2 Health Officers and 19 consultants
- As Health Officer, UNICEF Office for Rajasthan, led the Routine Immunization and Polio Vaccine programme in the state, providing technical assistance to the state government leading to an increase in complete immunization coverage from 40% to 50% within 2 years;
- Supported conceptualization and implementation of models of alternate vaccine delivery and social mobilization for immunization.
- Led maternal health interventions in the state including FRU strengthening, facility assessment of PHCs and FRUs, conducting maternal and perinatal death inquiries and advocating for capacity building of the state for strengthening skilled birth attendance and emergency obstetric care.
- Set up the HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, care & support programs for children affected by HIV/AIDS, including PPTCT strengthening and interventions for reducing stigma and discrimination against HIV+ children.
- Conducted state-wide operations-research studies, monitoring, supervision and evaluation for UNICEF and Govt. of Rajasthan From August 2005 to November 2012 (7 Jahre 4 Monate) Senior Program Specialist, Policy Project @ Developed innovative models towards incorporating public-private partnerships for reproductive and child health in health systems, through the National Rural Health Mission and RCH-II programs From August 2004 to August 2005 (1 Jahr 1 Monat) New Delhi und Umgebung, IndienTeaching Assistant and Program Coordinator @ Organized and assisted in teaching the "Flagship Course on Health Sector Reform and Sustainable Financing", conducted by World Bank Institute and Harvard University - for leaders in health financing globally
Assisted in development and organization of short-term training courses for healthcare managers on decentralization in health systems; improving quality of healthcare services. From Dezember 2003 to Juli 2004 (8 Monate) Research Associate @ Carried out secondary data compilation, review and analysis for a research project on improving quality of healthcare provision in the tertiary care hospital From November 2003 to Dezember 2003 (2 Monate) Research Associate/Intern @ Supported identification of strategies for strengthening polio and measles eradication interventions in India
Assisted in managing advocacy and monitoring activities for Immunization strengthening in India. Managed liaison between technical experts in the unit, various development partners and Government of India.
Developed inaugural newsletter for IVD unit for immunization advocacy and resource mobilization
National Polio Surveillance Project
Pulse Polio Immunization Monitor; 2003
Surveyed and analyzed the coverage and efficacy of supplementary immunization activities for polio eradication in Delhi, on behalf of WHO/ SEARO From April 2003 to Juli 2003 (4 Monate) Independent Medical Practitioner @ From Januar 2003 to April 2003 (4 Monate) Medical Intern @ Managed public health centers & implemented national health programs in urban slums & remote areas of Delhi. From Januar 2002 to Januar 2003 (1 Jahr 1 Monat) Camp leader @ Organized, integrated and directed immunization teams on national immunization days from the "camps" From Dezember 1997 to Dezember 2002 (5 Jahre 1 Monat) Health Volunteer @ Provided clinical support and counseling for promoting better health and hygiene practices amongst children From Januar 2001 to September 2001 (9 Monate)
Post-Grad Advanced Course in Health Economics and Financing, Health Sector Reform and Financing for Children @ London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, U. of London From 2010 to 2010 Master of Public Health (MPH), Public Health; International Health, A @ Harvard University From 2003 to 2004 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS @ University of Delhi From 1997 to 2002 MBBS, Medicine @ MAMC From 1997 to 2001 Senior School, Basic education @ Hansraj Model School From 1986 to 1997 Gaurav Arya is skilled in: Quantiative analysis, Health Policy Analysis, Epidemiology, Public Health, International Health, Health, Global Health, Child Health, Healthcare, Program Evaluation, Strategic Planning, International Development, Policy Analysis, Healthcare Management, Policy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension