Engineering Manager - Testing Development @ Wayfair
13 years of industry experience developing innovative solutions and leading people. I am committed to finding the best solutions to hard problems and driving organizational improvement. I embrace reuse and open-source software to help drive down costs and increase productivity. I believe in planning for success by getting the right people on the team and providing mentoring
13 years of industry experience developing innovative solutions and leading people. I am committed to finding the best solutions to hard problems and driving organizational improvement. I embrace reuse and open-source software to help drive down costs and increase productivity. I believe in planning for success by getting the right people on the team and providing mentoring to grow both their careers and the business.
I have worked on and led teams covering a wide range of sizes and technologies and I embrace the opportunity to make a lasting impact with each of them.
Senior Engineering Manager - Dev Tools and Testing Development @ Responsible for the technical and career management of 20 engineers and analysts across 3 different teams. In addition to previously responsibilities with the testing development group I am now also overseeing the direction and mentoring of the members of the dev tools group. I am also responsible for setting new priorities for the team and introducing them to an agile/SCRUM development model.
Some of the key technologies owned by the dev tools team include:
- ElasicSearch, Logstash and Kibana for log storage, searching and visualization
- StatsD, Graphite and Grafana for stats recording, aggregation and visualization
- HHVM to perform PHP static-analysis
- OpenGrok and Hound for fast source code search
- Source code management and reviews using GitLab and Review Board
- Zabbix monitoring and alerting From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Engineering Manager - Testing Development @ As manager of the testing development group I am responsible for growing, leading and mentoring teams with rapidly evolving testing requirements. I am responsible for interviewing and hiring all new members of the group that went from 4 to 10+ engineers and analysts. I oversee all aspects of development and testing including framework evolution, test creation and execution, numerous stability and consistency improvements, as well as an extensive on-boarding and knowledge sharing efforts. In addition I provide both technical and career mentoring to all team members and work extensively with all areas of the engineering organization and business.
Key technologies for this team include:
- Full-stack framework tools including an MVC-based analysis UI
- Automated testing using the Codeception open-source PHP framework
- Test generation and debugging using the Codeception Selenium WebDriver module
- Workflow support tools used by all engineers to help improve code quality and development efficiencies From February 2015 to September 2015 (8 months) Greater Boston AreaSenior Software Engineer - Order Platform @ As a part of the order platform team I am responsible for all phases of design, code, test and integration. I took the initiative to implement a number of process and technology improvements that have helped keep the team focused on the problems at hand while leveraging internal and open source tools. In addition I am involved in and enjoy mentoring a number of more junior engineers on the team.
Development is largely PHP, Java and SQL based and includes a number of open-source and third-party technologies including:
- Apache Solr and Lucene for improved search performance
- SQL Server database and stored procedure design and optimization
- RESTful web services
- Apache Storm distributed processing framework
- RabbitMQ messaging system
- JSON data-interchange format From March 2014 to February 2015 (1 year) Principal Software Engineer @ During my time at BAE Systems I have made valuable contributions to the company as a software developer, technical lead, and team lead, on programs covering various domains and technologies.
As a technical and team lead, I have led and mentored up to 5 engineers at a time. This leadership includes technical oversight and guidance as well as management of schedule and budget. In addition to oversight of the technical team, this leadership has also included presentations to and interactions with customers and users.
As a software developer, I have developed a wide range of technical capabilities. Of note are my skills with current technologies, and are as follows:
- OS(s): Linux (RHEL, Fedora, Ubuntu), Windows (7, XP, Server 2008)
- Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Git, Subversion, ClearCase, Matlab
- Technology: Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle), Web Services (Apache Tomcat, Jetty), Distributed Systems
- Methodology: Agile/SCRUM, OOP, MVC, Modeling and Simulation, Automated Test From May 2003 to February 2014 (10 years 10 months) Software Engineer @ I started at ProSoft as an engineering intern and was asked to stay on with the company through my senior year of college. My responsibilities grew greatly during my time and resulted in me leading Java GUI development for their Intuition product. This role allowed me to develop as both a leader and a technical contributor early in my career. From May 2002 to May 2003 (1 year 1 month)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Science @ Syracuse University From 1999 to 2003 Frank Andrescavage is skilled in: Java, C++, Git, Technical Leadership, Software Development, Software Engineering, Relational Databases, Linux, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Subversion, Object Oriented Design, Windows, ClearCase, SQL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension